KZ products and expiry dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZ products and expiry dates

I purchased some corals and equipment from another hobbyist who was shutting down his tank. When i mentioned i was using Zeovit he gave my the KZ additives in the picture below. I am not sure how old these bottles are and there are no expiry/use by dates on them. Would any of the bottles be unsafe to use if they were past the expiry date?

Also, at the moment i am just using Zeo stones/media, ZeoBak, ZeoStart3, Zeo CoralSnow+ and Zeo Active Carbon. I dont know much about the bottles below. Would my system benefit from any of these additives?

My po4 is currently <0.03 but my no3 has crept up to 20ppm over the last month as i've introducing some new fish. I don't want to start dosing any of these bottles if they will cause my no3 or po4 to increase.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0230.jpg Views:	0 Size:	695.1 KB ID:	596680
    Last edited by preecy; 07-01-2020, 07:02 AM.

Tell us about your tank.
    Please give us answers to the following questions in order to get more accurate dosing recommendations.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
    5. Are you using Ozone
    6. Are you using UV
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
    12. What corals do you keep
    13. Tissue color (light or dark)
    14. How long has the tank been running
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
    18. Any present problems
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
    23. Which salt brand do you use

Comment

Difficult to say but if the products do not small odd or have any kind of slime or sediments in it they should still be OK. I would just replace Coral Vitalizer as it is better to store it in the fridge, all others on the pictures should be stored in a dark, dry place at normal room temperature.

Usually all of them can have a positive impact to coloration and coral growth and health in a stabile nutrient poor system.

SpongePower can be used already @ 1 drop 7 25 US gallons every other day as it does have a positive side effect to the systems biology.

G.Alexander

Comment

That's great, thank you. I'll dispose of the Coral Vitalizer and start slowly with SpongePower.

Comment

Working...
        X