No announcement yet.

150G Zeovit Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets continue to dose BioMate @ 10 drops 3 x weekly because of the elevated PO4 level otherwise your dosing regimen is fine.

Around week for from the start of ZeoVit replace 90% of the material and dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days after each exchange, otherwise 2 x weekly.

About 2 weeks later if all corals are doing fine switch the reactor to continuous flow, make sure to use the correct flow of 500 liters per hour. This should support the process to reduce PO4.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thanks. I’ll need to order some More Biomate, the small bottle didn’t last long. I did neglect to mention my failed introduction of 3 Anthias, who all disappeared last week. I am sure that has had a significant impact on the nutrient levels.

Comment

7/26 Changed out Zeolite (1L, kept 0.2 L, changed carbon 1.5 C Zeo carbon, 1 C BRS carbon. 10 days ZeoBak 5 drops per day, 1 mL zeostart per day, spongepower 5 drops 3x per week, Coral snow 3x per week, waiting on more Biomate.
        7/29 1.026, PO4 0.13, Alk 6.33 (raising to 8), NO3 a bit less than 50
        7/30 20% water change

Comment

Sorry to hear, the fish might for sure be the reason for the increase of nutrients but the level should slowly come down again in the next 2 or 3 weeks. It would be helpful to find the fish to remove them.

G.Alexander

Comment

Update 8/9/20
            Zeovit reactor on 100%
            1.026, PO4 0.02, Alk 6.33 (raising to 8), NO3 50 and holding..., Ca 450
            8/10 15% water change
            ZeoBak 5 drops 2x weekly, 1 mL zeostart per day, spongepower 5 drops 3x per week, Coral snow 3x per week, Biomate 10 drops 3x weekly.
            Upgraded Radions From 2x G1s to 2x G3 Pros and a G3 in the middle. Going through acclimation cycle over the next 3 weeks.
            Not sure what else to do about the NO3, there is some residual algae, but the CC is handling it. Corals are looking happy.

Comment

Working...
            X