No announcement yet.

150G Zeovit Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets continue to dose BioMate @ 10 drops 3 x weekly because of the elevated PO4 level otherwise your dosing regimen is fine.

Around week for from the start of ZeoVit replace 90% of the material and dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days after each exchange, otherwise 2 x weekly.

About 2 weeks later if all corals are doing fine switch the reactor to continuous flow, make sure to use the correct flow of 500 liters per hour. This should support the process to reduce PO4.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thanks. I’ll need to order some More Biomate, the small bottle didn’t last long. I did neglect to mention my failed introduction of 3 Anthias, who all disappeared last week. I am sure that has had a significant impact on the nutrient levels.

Comment

7/26 Changed out Zeolite (1L, kept 0.2 L, changed carbon 1.5 C Zeo carbon, 1 C BRS carbon. 10 days ZeoBak 5 drops per day, 1 mL zeostart per day, spongepower 5 drops 3x per week, Coral snow 3x per week, waiting on more Biomate.
        7/29 1.026, PO4 0.13, Alk 6.33 (raising to 8), NO3 a bit less than 50
        7/30 20% water change

Comment

Sorry to hear, the fish might for sure be the reason for the increase of nutrients but the level should slowly come down again in the next 2 or 3 weeks. It would be helpful to find the fish to remove them.

G.Alexander

Comment

Update 8/9/20
            Zeovit reactor on 100%
            1.026, PO4 0.02, Alk 6.33 (raising to 8), NO3 50 and holding..., Ca 450
            8/10 15% water change
            ZeoBak 5 drops 2x weekly, 1 mL zeostart per day, spongepower 5 drops 3x per week, Coral snow 3x per week, Biomate 10 drops 3x weekly.
            Upgraded Radions From 2x G1s to 2x G3 Pros and a G3 in the middle. Going through acclimation cycle over the next 3 weeks.
            Not sure what else to do about the NO3, there is some residual algae, but the CC is handling it. Corals are looking happy.

Comment

I would recommend to you to increase the KH slowly. The level should not be higher than 8 so keeping the level in the range of 6.5 to 7.5 is ideal. Higher concentrations do not improve anything.

The NO3 level should start to decrease slowly over the next couple of weeks, there is not much you can do. For some time it might make sense to vacuum the sand while each water change to remove the sediments.

Do you run any kind of mechanical filtration ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Hey Zeovit team.
                Still progressing, I went ahead and changed the Zeolite (1L new & 0.2L reused) and Carbon (1C BRS & 0.5C Zeo carbon) today and did the weekly 20% water change yesterday ( have been doing 15-20% changes weekly). Have been dozing Biomate 10 drops 3x/week along with regular schedule of Zeobak, Zeostart and Spongepower.

Salinity 1.026
                Alk 117, raising to 142 over the next week.
                Phos 0.05
                NO3 25, finally came down a bit

There is a good amount of hair algae, I’m removing as much as possible and going to pick up another urchin to try and help thinks. Corals are looking good, I’ve added a couple acans, some gonioporas and zoas.

Comment

I have been vacuuming the sand bed on each water change and there is no mechanical filtration.

Comment

Checked parameters today.
                    Salinity 1.027
                    Alk 137 / 7.67
                    Phos 0.07
                    NO3 15
                    Ca 430

Corals looking good. 20% WC tomorrow. Only issue is a hair algae growth, I’m removing manually twice a week.
                    Hopefully the nutrients will come down quicker with the algae removal. I added a Lawnmower Blenny and two small urchins but they don’t really like the hair algae.

Comment

Because of the hair algae you can try to dose Coral Snow additional if you already have the product to support the process. 1 ml / 25 US gallons every other day for the next 2 or 3 weeks is what I would try.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                      X