Increase in potassium content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase in potassium content

Hello everyone, this is the second month I used the zeo, found that the cylinder appeared dinoflagellates, so I added the following products according to the instructions, today test potassium content found to rise to 430, test good water potassium content of 380, would like to ask me which products I add may lead to potassium content increase?
    Attached Files

The potassium level is to high however I do not expect a negative impact to you system, just let it slowly drop to ~ 380 mg and keep it stabile there.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
      The potassium level is to high however I do not expect a negative impact to you system, just let it slowly drop to ~ 380 mg and keep it stabile there.

G.Alexander
      Can it only be reduced by changing water? What I'm worried about is the use of Zeo products that increase potassium content

Comment

Indeed if your salt mix does not have a elevated level.

G.Alexander

Comment

unless c-balance contains potassium i cannot see where in your zeo dosing it is coming from. Salt mixes generally do not contain K higher than 400 but if the bucket was not mixed well before adding to water you could have stratification in the salt.

I agree with G.Alexander, i havd K of 460 due to a bad test kit (ICP confirmed actual level) and had no negative effect as it was raised slowly.

Wait a few weeks and see if it falls. Check your test kit against a reference solution and make sure you mix the salt bag before making up your salt water mix.

For now change nothing if the corals look fine.

Comment

Working...
          X