Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green algae on live rock

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to have a green algae on all liverock, looks like it's only where light gets to.

Is it normal ? Or could I be over dosing something?

​​​​​​See below pictures, thank you.

The tank looks young and seems to grow on those dry rocks? What is the NP level? What is the current complete dose? Some functional animals, snails, may seem good

Comment

Not sure about your complete Zeo plan and product. From the picture, I feel that the tank is young and uses dry rocks. This really takes more time before the biology is stable. Start with Zeo products to reduce nutrition, maintain the core foundation of Zeo, allow corals to grow more, and then start to supplement nutrition products, this will be better

Comment

Hi Jacky,

My nitrate is around 2.5 and phosphate at 0 with hanna checker c and salifert testing kit.

And yes this is the same tank as I had previously posted, indeed very young still.

​​​​​​I just wanted to be sure I was not going to become a problem, all corals are doing great and growing.

I started dosing iodide complex concentrate, phol's xtra, b-balance, and zeofood plus maybe twice a week and not full doses.

Still dosing zeostart twice a day, zeobac and sponge power 3 times a week.

Thank you.

​​​​​

Comment

I don't fully understand the appearance of all current corals. From the pictures, the coral tissue looks deeper. If the coral tissue is really light in appearance, the nutritional products are very good. You can temporarily stop Zeo Food to see if the situation improves

Comment

I have some corals very light and some darker which I got from tanks that probably had lots of nitrate and phosphate.

I've ordered amino acid, potassium iodide fluoride concentrate, iron concentrate, acroglow and pohl's coral vitalizer. Should I start using those also when I get them ? The guide says to use as soon as you see growth?

​​​​Zeofood might be it again, I just started again trying to dose it.

Comment

I can hardly give you a standard answer, you can try to start with a 50% dose. Usually if everything is fine, coral tissue should gradually become lighter rather than darker. Can you show all the corals in pictures?

Comment

I would add a couple of herbivore like snails and remove the algae with a tooth brush manually regular if they grow back. You can dose 2 ml CoralSnow / 25 US gallons every other day additional for some time to support this process. As long as the algae do grow I would not recommend to dose the additional products you have already ordered. Lets wait with those products until the algae have disappear and the corals started to get lighter tissue (not sure if this is already the case as not many are shown on the pictures.

G.Alexander

Comment

I have about 10 hermit crabs and 5 turbo snails in the aquarium, should I add a few more ? I will take pictures when I get back home today.

Thank you.

Comment

An additional 2 ml of CoralSnow / 25 US gallons can be added every other day. Temporarily stop Zeo Food. The current appearance of corals, nutritional supplement products are not required

What is the net water volume?

What is the complete Zeo basic product dosage plan?

What is the continuous flow rate of the zeolite reactor?

(What is the quantity of zeolite)

(How long has it been since the Zeo system started?)

What are the basic water parameters?

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post

What is the net water volume?

​​​​​​About 60 gallons

What is the complete Zeo basic product dosage plan?

​​​​​​Zeostart twice a day 2 drops each time
                      zeobak and sponge power 3 times a week, 2 drops each

What is the continuous flow rate of the zeolite reactor?

Half a litre at about 50gph, I could check it again to be sure.

(How long has it been since the Zeo system started?)

Almost 10 weeks
                      ​​​
                      What are the basic water parameters?

Alk : 7 - 6.5
                      Cal: 500 (still waiting for it to drop)
                      Mg: 1485 (still waiting for it to drop)
                      Nitrate: 2.5
                      Phos: Reading 0
                      PH: 7.7 to 8.0
                      I will get coral snow, I don't have it at the moment.

Comment

The net water volume 60 US gallons about 240 liters(The amount of zeolite material is about 0.6 liters)

Dry rock + tank is young, biology is not fully developed, it takes some time, let us keep the following plan, as reliable and stable as possible, if everything goes well, the coral appearance should gradually become lighter, better PE and polyps expansion.

Zeo Bac 2 drops, 2 to 3 times a week
                        Zeo Start 0.24ml, x2, daily (morning and evening)
                        Zeo SpongePower 2 drops every other day
                        Zeo CoralSnow 4.8ml every other day (do 2 weeks)

Confirm the reactor flow rate. If the corals are healthy, the reactor flow rate is about 240 litres per hour

(Method: Use a small container, collect the reactor outlet for 30 seconds, volume x120, so that you can get continuous flow)

The basic water parameters are high, start with checking the salinity level, and keep the NSW level as much as possible

Kh 6.5~7.5
                        Ca 400~420
                        Mg 1250~1300
                        K+~380

High quality salt + water, change 5 ~ 10% every week

Zeo carbon, 0.24 liter, passive flight, 30 days replacement

In addition, the fish must be fed very carefully at this stage because the biology is not very stable at this stage

Do the above as surely as possible, be stable and be patient

Comment

Perfect I will do that.

SG is sitting at 35, as far as calcium and mg, it was higher when I started the tank, I'm basically letting the corals consume it to drop it. I am dosing alk almost twice a day to keep it stable around 6.5-7.. have not dose mg or ca yet.

I'm also doing weekly water change of 5gallons.

Comment

Perfect, from your narrative, this seems to reflect the current state of the tank

Comment

Sounds good, I will keep going like this, waiting for my custom aquarium to be made and eventually transfer everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X