No announcement yet.

Few question for a new tank build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is really caused by ZeoStart you can try to reduce it to the old level you have used before to see if it does disappear again but keep a close eye to the PO4 level. Are you able to run a UV light temporary on the system, would be a option if the cloudiness does not disappear after the reduction of ZeoStart.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
      If it is really caused by ZeoStart you can try to reduce it to the old level you have used before to see if it does disappear again but keep a close eye to the PO4 level. Are you able to run a UV light temporary on the system, would be a option if the cloudiness does not disappear after the reduction of ZeoStart.

G.Alexander
      Thanks again Alex. I did the same 0.65 ml dose this morning and did not do anything special when I can back the bacterial bloom seems cleared out by itself. And the brown algae like stuff is slowly feeding away as well but my po4 is still around 0.12. I'll test it again tonight.

Comment

po4 0.06ppm
        no3 less than 5

Tank gets cloudy overnight and clears up during the day. Brown dusty stuff everywhere it's really easy to brush off and really dusty as well. Should I stop doing everything for a week to see the brown algae or bacteria film disappear or not?

​​​​​​zeostart 0.5ml twice a day
        sponge power 5 drops every other day
        Zeobak 5 drops twice a week
        Biomate 10 drops every other day
        Attached Files

Comment

My fish (blue tang and mids blenny) eat the brown stuff. So I don't know it's algae or bacteria. If it's s bacteria those fish probably will not touch it. And I'm using rodi water. Light is only 4 t5 bulbs and on for 11 hours.

Comment

Should I shorten my light period and keep dosing or should I stop dosing?

Comment

As the brown stuff does clear up over the day and as the fish eat it I would rule out Dinoflagelate. I would recommend to continue dosing as planned to see if the brown stuff does disappear over the next couple of days, additional if you have you can dose 2 ml CoralSnow / 25 US gallons daily for one week. At the moment I lets keep the lighting period as it is.

G.Alexander

Comment

This is frustrating The brown algae still there. I test silicate there is none. I stopped zeostart dosing for 4 days no sign of getting better.

Comment

I think it is still a leak of biology, the system needs more time for the cycle. IMO there is not much you can do otherwise keep dosing the basics, dosing CoralSnow regular for some time and adding if possible some sand / rocks from a nutrient poor system or some live rock. Snails might also be a good idea as they seem to eat it. I also do not know if the kind of rocks you have used has something to do with it by lengthen the cycle.

G.Alexander

Comment

Finally, this ugly brown alga is slowly fading away. I stopped dosing sponge power for two weeks and dosed cyano clean for a week now( I don't think I have cyano ). I also did use some dose of vibrant (I think this the key to reducing those brown stuff). I put 4 test frag in. What should I do now? Keep dosing the basic three?

Increased zeostart from 0.4ml x2 to 0.5ml x2 a day. Because I want lower pto o4 a bit more it was 0.02ppm for po4 when I dosing 0.4ml

Zeobac 5 drops x2 a week

Started dosing sponge power two days ago 5 drops evdropsother day

What other things should I focus on or do? And what else do I need to buy? (I have flatform stop, coral booster, coral visualizer)

5% water change every week

Alk7.5
                    ca 380
                    Mag 1320
                    K400
                    No3 0
                    Po4 0-0.02

Comment

I think I can answer my own questions haha stock level is too low I need to stick with the basics and keep the water parameters stable. Is increase zeostart dose to lower po4 a right move?

Comment

At the moment I would also recommend to stay with the basics as follows:

Net water volume 600 liters

ZeoBac – 6 drops 2 x weekly or daily for 10 days after each ZeoVit exchange
                        ZeoStart – 0.6 ml 2 x daily
                        SpongePower – 6 drops every other day

1.5 liters ZeoVit with a reactor flow of ~ 600 liters per hour + 0.6 liters activated carbon passively flown.

If you like to you can additional dose 6 drops CyanoClean 1 x weekly.

G.Alexander

Comment

Update:
                          Net water volume 680-720L
                          Tank is doing okay. No brown algae anymore. But po4 level starts to go up a week before is 0.07 ppm Today is 0.12.

zeobac 6 drops twice a week
                          zeostart 0.5ml x2 (before I dose 0.4ml and the po4 was 0.02 after increased to 0.5ml po4 jumpped to 0.09. I don't is caused by zeo start or not) should I increase to full dose? 0.6-0.65ml a day
                          sponge powder 5 drops every other day
                          1ML coral booster and flat worm stop twice a week(started today)

alk 7
                          CA 340
                          mg 1350
                          k390

Comment

the po4 is much lower when I had brown algae. It might because all the algae used it up. Now all the algae died off so there is not enough living thing to consume the po4 anymore. And I only have 8
                            small sps frags. So full dose of start might help to lower it? Btw I dose 7ml coral snow every day for three days now.
                            ​​​

Comment

Lets keep the path with the last dosing regimen, just reduce CoralSnow to every other day next week and than to 2 x weekly.

Adjust your skimmer to skim more wet temporary and clean it daily to export as much as possible. Also measure the flow of your ZeoVit reactor to see if it is to low.

Ca is a little bit low, if your test kit is accurate increase the level slowly to ~ 380 mg.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                              X