No announcement yet.

Few question for a new tank build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is really caused by ZeoStart you can try to reduce it to the old level you have used before to see if it does disappear again but keep a close eye to the PO4 level. Are you able to run a UV light temporary on the system, would be a option if the cloudiness does not disappear after the reduction of ZeoStart.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
      If it is really caused by ZeoStart you can try to reduce it to the old level you have used before to see if it does disappear again but keep a close eye to the PO4 level. Are you able to run a UV light temporary on the system, would be a option if the cloudiness does not disappear after the reduction of ZeoStart.

G.Alexander
      Thanks again Alex. I did the same 0.65 ml dose this morning and did not do anything special when I can back the bacterial bloom seems cleared out by itself. And the brown algae like stuff is slowly feeding away as well but my po4 is still around 0.12. I'll test it again tonight.

Comment

po4 0.06ppm
        no3 less than 5

Tank gets cloudy overnight and clears up during the day. Brown dusty stuff everywhere it's really easy to brush off and really dusty as well. Should I stop doing everything for a week to see the brown algae or bacteria film disappear or not?

​​​​​​zeostart 0.5ml twice a day
        sponge power 5 drops every other day
        Zeobak 5 drops twice a week
        Biomate 10 drops every other day
        Attached Files

Comment

My fish (blue tang and mids blenny) eat the brown stuff. So I don't know it's algae or bacteria. If it's s bacteria those fish probably will not touch it. And I'm using rodi water. Light is only 4 t5 bulbs and on for 11 hours.

Comment

Should I shorten my light period and keep dosing or should I stop dosing?

Comment

As the brown stuff does clear up over the day and as the fish eat it I would rule out Dinoflagelate. I would recommend to continue dosing as planned to see if the brown stuff does disappear over the next couple of days, additional if you have you can dose 2 ml CoralSnow / 25 US gallons daily for one week. At the moment I lets keep the lighting period as it is.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
              X