Few question for a new tank build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just some update: Currently at 23th day of cycle
    Did the intial cycle dose( net volume 200G)
    Day 1:
    Zeobak:38ML
    Zeostart:78ML
    Sponge Power: 22.5ML
    2L zeolite and runing flow roughly 600-700L/H ( shake it twice a day)

Day 2 and Day 3 dose break

Day 4 - Day 14
    5 Drop Zeobak
    5 Drop Sponge Power
    0.55ML Zeostart twice a day

After Day 14
    4 drop zeobak twice a week ( I have nothing in the tank I don't want to overdose)
    4 drop Sponge Power every other day
    0.45ML Zeostart Twice a day

Day 18
    Add Two clown and one small blue tang from my old tank
    Add Carbon

I have 20 punds live rock in the sump and artificial rock in the display tank

I have no singel coral in the tank right now.

Alk 8.31 (redsea blue buket)
    How to lower it to 7?

CA 439

MG 1323

K unknow

po4 and no3 near 0

Comment

1.When is the best time to add coral? 1 month later 2months or 3?

2.I have some white powder stuff on my tank bottom. is this normal for zeo system?

3. When to start dosing Coral booster,flatworm stop,coral visualizer ( I have biomate as well).

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Day 10:

First herbivore fish (max. 2 per 200 L) can be added, also sea urchins and turbo snails. You should also be able to add the first not to sensitive corals like branching Montipora. Add now the Activated Carbon.

Activated Carbon:

As soon as the first animals are stocked into the system, add the Activated Carbon: 0.5 – 1 Liter per 1000 liters as recommended. Replacement interval 30 days.

Day 11-14

Keep dosage as described for day 4. Test Carbonate Hardness and Salinity carefully. More corals can now be added into the system if the basic water parameters are in the recommended ranges. Additional fish can be added but should be done very slow. Also fish feeding has to be done very carefully in this phase as biology is not very stabile in this phase. Do not add more fish than 1-2 fish per 250 liters per week. After additional 4 weeks you can add the rest of the fish which where planed for the system.

Starting from day 14:
        ZeoBac 1 drop / 100 liters/25 US gallons 2-3 x weekly

Sponge Power 1 drop / 100 liters/25 US gallons daily

ZeoStart 0.1 ml / 100 liters/25 US gallons 2 x daily

The dosage needs than eventually be adjusted depending to the general look of the tank, the parameters or the corals. Later on, additional products can be used. We would recommend to start wit the regular water changes at week 4 – 6.

2. New tank, I think it is normal, check if the salt crystallizes so well

3. These Zeo products are not needed at this stag

Comment

Great looking rockwork 👍

As Jacky mention I would also recommend to increase the dosage of the basics to the recommended quantities for a net water volume of 200 US gallons.

Some kind of sediment is normal, no worry. At the moment I would not add additional animals, give the system some time now dosing the basics to stabilize. If the first 4 – 6 weeks have passed you can add the first not to delicate test coral to see how it is doing.

G.Alexander

Comment

Hello
            The tank is cycling for 60 days now. There is no coral in the system right now only 9 fishes (1 small blue tang, 2 clownfish, 1 mids blenny and 5 really small anthias). on the 40 day mark, I accidentally dropped a lot of pellets into my tank po4 went through the roof. It's out of range for Hanna checker around 0.75ppm. I slowly bring it down via water change. Right now It's sitting at 0.17ppm. I can't find a way to drop it lower. I run 1.8L zeorock through a skim zar-157 reactor (I can't find an accurate number I guess it's around 650-850L/H). I run a clearsea sk5000 filter roller since the start of the tank. My skimmer is a maxspect ad600 skimmer and the skimmer never really worked. ( I guess my bioload is to low and the filter roller caught most the dirty stuff there is nothing for the skimmer to pull out). Is this might be the cause of the high po4 level? I'm taking the filter roller out for now( is this a wise move?) and what more can I do? BTW I have diatom grown on my tank bottom and rock work. Thanks
            There is no coral in the system
            Zeostart 0.5ML twice a day
            Zeo bac 5 drops twice a wekk
            Sponge Power 5 drops every other day
            Biomate 5 drops every other day
            Carbon 500ML (seachem matrix carbon change out every 30 days)
            Auto water change every day

7.5 DKH
            k-380
            po4 0.17-0.28
            no3 5

Comment

I would expect your skimmer should start skimming like crazy after dropping so much food in the system so first thing I would recommend to do is checking if the skimmer does really work as it should be. You have posted that your system has a net water volume of ~ 600 – 650 liters therefore your dosing is a little bit to low, is the water volume correct ? Do you have a chance to measure the flow through your ZeoVit reactor ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
                I would expect your skimmer should start skimming like crazy after dropping so much food in the system so first thing I would recommend to do is checking if the skimmer does really work as it should be. You have posted that your system has a net water volume of ~ 600 – 650 liters therefore your dosing is a little bit to low, is the water volume correct ? Do you have a chance to measure the flow through your ZeoVit reactor ?

G.Alexander
                I just measured the tank volume it's around 170G net volume. I have no way to measure the flow out the reactor due to the design of the reactor. I'm pretty sure I run the flow a bit higher not less. I think the filter roller catched most of the pellet. I only has nice fizz in side the skimmer chamber but no foam on top. There definitely are some nasty stuff on the skimmer neck.

Comment

Lets adjust the dosing regimen a follows:

Zeostart 0.65ML twice a day
                  Zeo bac 7 drops twice a wekk
                  Sponge Power 7 drops every other day
                  Biomate 14 drops every other day

It is important to have the skimmer working effective so not sure what you can do to check if the skimmer has any kind of a problem.

G.Alexander

Comment

Lets adjust the dosing regimen a follows:

Zeostart 0.65ML twice a day
                    Zeo bac 7 drops twice a wekk
                    Sponge Power 7 drops every other day
                    Biomate 14 drops every other day

It is important to have the skimmer working effective so not sure what you can do to check if the skimmer has any kind of a problem.

G.Alexander
                    Thanks again. I just want to make sure is okay to do the dose you suggested even there is no single coral in the system? Thanks

Comment

Your rock work looks great! How did you do it?

Comment

Originally posted by dbq5anlxj View Post

Thanks again. I just want to make sure is okay to do the dose you suggested even there is no single coral in the system? Thanks
                        Everything you dose at the moment will just have a positive effect to the biology of the system even if it does not contain corals already.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSaiyanTang View Post
                          Your rock work looks great! How did you do it?
                          Thanks. I changed out for a new one I made few weeks ago. I used a product called smooth on habitat black ( it‘s some kind aquarium safe epoxy). The first I build it kinda big and a bit too tall for my liking. You can use rock or foam or even pvc fitting to build the fram first then just cover the surface with the smooth on habitat black thing. It's fun to work with.

​​​​​​​
                          Attached Files

Comment

Everything you dose at the moment will just have a positive effect to the biology of the system even if it does not contain corals already.

G.Alexander
                            understood. thanks I'll follow the dose schedule you suggested .

Comment

Very nice scape ,

Comment

G.Alexander
                                Hello Alex. I got bacteria bloom after increase the dose of zeostart to 0.65ml x2 day. what should I do? keep dosing or lower it. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X