Potassium and salt zeovit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potassium and salt zeovit

Does anyone know why zeovit's potassium test is so difficult to understand and why its salt dissolves so poorly? I have spent a lot of money and I am totally disappointed with these two products

Let me talk about my actual experience. I have no experience with the ZeoVit potassium test kit, and I cannot say anything. For the potassium test kit, I have 2 products, red sea and Salifert. I often use the Salifert K + test kit, which is more convenient and accurate for me.

For the salt mixture, I use Zeo's salt. I have no problem in using it, and it quickly dissolves. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes and the water is clear. Although it remains somewhat, it does not affect it.

I used to use red sea salt mixture (black bucket, blue bucket), there will be some residues, but it is not a problem.

The new seawater and those residues, after sump to the main display system, the coral is not abnormal, and the PE is also very good

Comment

Originally posted by juannnn View Post
      Does anyone know why zeovit's potassium test is so difficult to understand and why its salt dissolves so poorly? I have spent a lot of money and I am totally disappointed with these two products
      How do you prepare the fresh saltwater when you mix the salt ?

G.Alexander

Comment

I fill 25 liters of rodi water, turn on the motion pump and throw out the amount of salt so that the salinity is 1026, and wait 30 minutes. I have always done so and the salt has dissolved perfectly. With the zeovit salt, it takes more than 12 hours and the water is totally white.

Comment

Maybe the salt is damp?

Comment

I bought it yesterday and it takes more than 12 hours with the movement pump and the water is milky

Comment

Has the water column never been clear? Is it always white after the beginning or after 12hr?

Comment

It is always white, from the first moment I put the salt, the water never looks crystal clear

Comment

You can try to roll the salt bucket on the floor to mix the dry salt but usually the water does get clear within a couple of minutes if a strong pump is used. Also make sure the RO waters temperature is not higher than 25 degree C.

G.Alexander

Comment

The water is below 25 degrees and the salt is practically dissolved in the bucket, can it be in a bad state? That's what I think.

Comment

I would recommend to contact the manufacturer via e-mail info AT korallen-zucht.de

Alternatively if corals do not respond negative in any way and if the main water parameters are OK I would just use it.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                      X