Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UV Light question

Hello everyone,

I am about to begin the Zeovit system and I currently run UV. My main question at the moment is, do I turn off UV completely? Or can I run it a few hours throughout the day?

1.Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - 80 US gallons
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - 80 US gallons
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique - No, but will be running 2 part dosing with the Neptune Trident
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) - Running 2 Tablespoons of GFO, easing off in order to allow Chaeto Reactor to take over
    5. Are you using Ozone - No
    6. Are you using UV - Yes 24/7
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) - Nyos 120
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels - PO4 0.12 & NO3 2PPM
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk, and Mg levels - Alk 9.1, CA? & MG? Neptune Trident will be set up sometime next week.
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) - Chaeto Reactor, Media Reactor with Carbon / 2 Tablespoons of GFO, BioMedia
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) - Hydra 26HD running Pirates schedule, soon to be Radion G5 Blues
    12. What corals do you keep - Mainly LPS and a few SPS
    13. Tissue color (light or dark) - Medium
    14. How long has the tank been running - 1 Year
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system - I want to achieve great coloration and have a steady ecosystem in order to get more SPS corals
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) - Red Sea Reef Energy Plus for coral food and amino acids
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) About 30-40 pounds for 2 years
    18. Any present problems - Aiptasia and just beat a mean case of Turf Algae
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) - Aiptasia and just beat a mean case of Turf Algae
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) - Hannah ULR, Hannah Alk, Red Sea Marine test Kit
    21. Present dosing, amounts, and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) - None
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) - Salinity 1.026, Temp 77.4 - 78.2, PH 7.68 - 7.85
    23. Which salt brand do you use, - Fritz RPM. Thinking about switching to Brightwell NeoMarine

Welcome to ZeoVit.com !

UV and Ozone are not compatible to the system as both do destroy elements contained in the products as long as they are in the water. I would recommend to switch it off completely as it is not necessary. UV can be sued temporary for example if the water is milky for some time or if you treat a fish but it should be switched off for 2-3 hours while dosing.

G.Alexander

Comment

Understood, I will have it switched off once I begin the Zeovit Method.

Does anyone have any input between Fritz RPM salt and Brightwell Neonmarine?

Comment

Working...
      X