Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I maximize SPS growth with Zeovit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about a small hangon filter with some DIY basket to hold and clean the material ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Hi all! I just wanted to update everyone and ask a few questions. So first of all I have been on the program for just over four months now. I have just replaced my first round of zeolite material which was used for four weeks. My current parameters are:

Ca-435
      Alk-6.5
      Mg-1320
      K-400
      Salinity-36
      NO3-0.2
      PO4-0.01

I have still not seen a tremendous amount of growth, although I know the system needs time to mature. What I’m dealing with right now is I’m not getting a ton of encrusting on my acros and I’m also having issues with pink coloration and mesenterial filaments. I was hoping someone could comment on my situation and see if anything needs to change. Thanks!

Comment

The filaments are really weird and usually a result of stress. Might you have any kind of material in your tank which does leach harmful substances (hoses, tubes, equipment, filtration material etc.) ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Can you have the opportunity to present the appearance of the filament in the form of a picture, what does it look like?

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
            The filaments are really weird and usually a result of stress. Might you have any kind of material in your tank which does leach harmful substances (hoses, tubes, equipment, filtration material etc.) ?

G.Alexander
            I have checked all of the equipment in the tank and no signs of anything leeching. I notice the filaments more when I shake the zeolites or clean the glass. I posted on Reef2Reef but didn’t get a conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post
              Can you have the opportunity to present the appearance of the filament in the form of a picture, what does it look like?
              I will re-attach the picture.

Comment

Irritation, stress, toxins. Before these stringing phenomena happened, what actions did you do, can you describe it, (clean the glass with a magnet brush?)

In the top right corner of one of the pictures in #47 picture (square plastic shape), what is it?

Comment

Irritation, stress, toxins. Before these stringing phenomena happened, what actions did you do, can you describe it, (clean the glass with a magnet brush?)

In the top right corner of one of the pictures in #47 picture (square plastic shape), what is it?
                  It is a mag float scraper. It lives in the tank and I’ve never had any issues with it nor does it show any signs of rust. That is what I use to clean the glass with. The filaments also happen almost every time I shake the zeolites.

Comment

Not sure if the scraper is the cause, if there is a chance to remove it, take a look. As G. said in #48, do you have the opportunity to post pictures (full picture of the main display system and sump). In addition, what is the container for red water?

Comment

Not sure if the scraper is the cause, if there is a chance to remove it, take a look. As G. said in #48, do you have the opportunity to post pictures (full picture of the main display system and sump). In addition, what is the container for red water?
                      I’ve attached a full tank shot of the display, the filtration in the back (it’s an all-in-one tank so no true sump), and the RODI jug beneath the tank for top off. I took the magnet out yesterday, checked for rust (did not see anything) and changed the scraper blade just to get a new one on there.

Comment

My experience is not very good and I cannot confirm the source of the problem with you 100%.

First of all, If it is me, I will try to replace the white bag in the filter tank, use the malt bag, try to see

Inside the filter, what is white substance?

What filter materials are there in the filter tank?

What is the replacement water container?

Comment

My experience is not very good and I cannot confirm the source of the problem with you 100%.

First of all, If it is me, I will try to replace the white bag in the filter tank, use the malt bag, try to see

Inside the filter, what is white substance?

What filter materials are there in the filter tank?

What is the replacement water container?
                          That’s okay, I haven’t been able to come to the conclusion myself either. What is a malt bag? Inside the filtration is:

1 200 micron filter sock
                          Tunze Comline skimmer
                          1 mesh bag with zeolite material
                          1 mesh bag with carbon
                          Innovative Marine Return pump
                          Tunze ATO
                          dosing lines

The tip off container is the larger plastic 5 gallon water storage container in the first picture.

Comment

Try to replace both the ZeoVit material and Zeo activated carbon bags, and use malt mesh bags. If it is not available, maybe use a filter bag for cooking, which may be safe and feasible.

The additional idea is that ICP measures water quality
                            Attached Files

Comment

Try to replace both the ZeoVit material and Zeo activated carbon bags, and use malt mesh bags. If it is not available, maybe use a filter bag for cooking, which may be safe and feasible.

The additional idea is that ICP measures water quality
                              How do these look in comparison? These are the mesh bags I use now.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-m...aw-string.html

And if things don’t improve or get worse I will consider an ICP test.

Any thoughts on my other questions about lack of encrusting and poor pink coloration?

Comment

I can’t say anything about the mesh bag in the link, I have no experience with it.

It is difficult to say why, after all, my experience is not very good.

Possibly, 1. Nutrient level 2. Leaching of harmful substances such as toxins inhibits growth 3. Unbalanced water 4. Salinity is too high/too low5. Animal harassment 6. Catching fish aggressively on the tank

Pink coral, 1. High levels of nutrients 2. Spectral too blue / old bulb 3. Insufficient potassium element 4. Lack of an element

Fortunately, only one coral is unhealthy, not all corals are unhealthy, right? Do all other corals show polyp growth?

I think you can do this now. Change the water 15% and execute it within 10 days (please also pay attention to whether the purified water is good and whether the coral condition is abnormal after the water is replaced). Extra dose Zeo [email protected] every other day, x7 days

I will also change the carbon brand to Zeo activated carbon

Xport Biocube, is this filter material still stored in the filter tank?

Comment

Working...
                                X