Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I maximize SPS growth with Zeovit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically, Zeo nutrition / coloring products can be started twice a week, which is a good start

Indeed, for a tank with a small amount of water, finding a suitable zeolite reactor is a problem for many people. Maybe there are products on the market (suitable for smaller amounts of water). no experience. In any case, the most important thing for the reactor is to have an outer tube (to measure the flow rate). You can try DIY a reactor, it may be good.

Comment

https://www.korallen-zucht.de/Meerwa...agnetic-S.html

This is Zeo's zeolite reactor, you can refer to it. Pay special attention to its introduction, double tubes (internal tube contains material, external tube measures flow), please refer to the details

Comment

Before the actual continuous flow is actually measured, we cannot say that it is too small, maybe it may be too large, and it is also possible. We need actual flow, which is very critical (balanced / stable biology)

Comment

I’m just updating everyone. Yesterday I did my 3rd 20% water change and today marks one week with the zeolite media and 1 drop of zeobak per day. I have also been running my lights for 11 hours per day. Here are my test results from yesterday.

Ca - 420
          Alk - 7.1
          Mg - 1350
          K - 410
          NO3 - 0.2
          PO4 - 0.021
          pH - 8-8.3

Comment

The basic water parameters are good and stable. If everything is fine, you should slowly see the coral's appearance gradually change and give the Zeo system some time. I personally recommend NP = 0, which is better.

Keep changing the water 5 ~ 10% every week, and at the same time vacuum the sand, which can improve

If you can (I recommend you), get products, Zeo CoralSnow and BioMate, is a good choice

Extra thoughts: if you can, Zeo B-Balance is also very good

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post
              The basic water parameters are good and stable. If everything is fine, you should slowly see the coral's appearance gradually change and give the Zeo system some time. I personally recommend NP = 0, which is better.

Keep changing the water 5 ~ 10% every week, and at the same time vacuum the sand, which can improve

If you can (I recommend you), get products, Zeo CoralSnow and BioMate, is a good choice

Extra thoughts: if you can, Zeo B-Balance is also very good
              Ive attached a picture of the tank for reference. I’m sure the nitrate and phosphate will keep going down with time and water changes. I have coral snow but what does biomate and b-balance do?

Comment

BioMate does improve the biology and does process sediments, CoralSnow can be helpful if any kind of algae is present for example and it does clear the water. B-Balance does slowly lighten the coral tissue once the system is running nutrient poor stable, it does also improve growth.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thank you G. Alexander for your professional and detailed explanation

I used another way for my explanation: after these products work, everything after them is reflected in the skimmer collection cup.

BioMate, support biology, reduce nutrients / organic matter, sand cleaning

CoralSnow, clearer water, reduces any organic substances, algae, particles and other unnecessary substances. (Make water quality better)

B-Banance slowly reduces coral tissues. Coral corals reduce excess symbiotic algae, naturally reduce stress, and use color to naturally have polyp growth and expansion, and corals will grow larger. The growth is greater, and the products of natural elements and nutrients are more fully utilized by corals.

At this time, the elements are more consumed, so under the protection of symbiotic algae, it is necessary to maintain the balance and inline of the basic water parameters, as stable as possible (including potassium)

Potassium provides coral health and polyp growth conditions. It is also an important source of many coral colors. KB and BB cooperate with each other. Corals naturally produce soft and more colorful colors (enhanced)

Comment

Thank you both for the information on biomate and b-balance. I have not ordered them yet since I am waiting to see what the first month of the zeolite material does for my reef. So far I am at two weeks with the zeolites. Here are this weeks water chem results.

ca-430
                    alk-6.6
                    mg-1410
                    k-410
                    no3-less than 0.2
                    po4-0

What are your thoughts?

Comment

kh is slightly adjusted to 7. Normally, the first material is kept in the first 4 weeks. Let us wait another 2 weeks for the first material replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post
                        kh is slightly adjusted to 7. Normally, the first material is kept in the first 4 weeks. Let us wait another 2 weeks for the first material replacement.
                        Will do. Side question, is it normal to have to clean the glass of film every day?

Comment

1 to 2 times a day, (morning and evening) this is good. Using a reactor is really needed. The reason: as stated in this thread. We need a real continuous flow. If you don't consider the reactor, I think it's a pity. I hope you, do everything in your power to find a suitable reactor

Comment

Working...
                          X