New zeovit aquarium day 11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New zeovit aquarium day 11th

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
    65 gallons
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
    50 gallons
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
    No
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
    No
    5. Are you using Ozone
    No
    6. Are you using UV
    No
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
    Aquamaxx in sump FC 80 rated for 140g light bioload
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
    Not tested yet
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
    Not tested yet
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
    Only Zeovit reactor, skimmer and dosing
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
    Maxspect mazarra P series 240w total between 4 modules, I dont have a par reader but I guess around 10k and have been using them for 3 yeas total
    12. What corals do you keep
    planning on keeping only SPS and only a birdnest and monticap have been added yesterday
    13. Tissue color (light or dark)
    Early to tell but light
    14. How long has the tank been running
    11 days
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
    Want to run a SPS dominant tank wiith beautiful colors
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
    No
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
    30lbs of marco dry rock
    20 pounds of wet live rock from LFS

18. Any present problems
    I believe dino and brown film all over sand and rocks
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
    Dino(I think) started around day 5-6 got worst everyday, now today seems steady but woke up with bown film all over the glass and rocks
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
    None at the moment but ordered neptune trident for alk, cal and MG. Salifert for nitrate and phosphate
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
    Zeobak: 10 ml first day, 2 days dosing break then 2 dops twice a week (misread startup guide now doing 2 drops daily as of 2 days ago)
    Zeofood: 10 drops daily for 7 days then 4 drops 3 times a week

Zeostart: 20ml first day, 2 days dosing break then 8 drops once a day now been doing 2 drops twice a day(only been 2 days with this dosing)
    Sponge power: 6ml first day, 2 days dosing break, 2 drops every other day (misread the startup guide now doing 2 drops daily as of 2 days ago)
    Zeovit: Have been running half a litre at 100gph until yesterday now it is set a 50gph.

22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
    SG 35, temp 78F
    23. Which salt brand do you use
    LFS salt brand which he says its a ''pro synthetic salt''

Comment

Hi Everyone, I'm just creating this post to ensure I'm doing everything right and that this is all normal. I really want to avoid any problems.

Please let me know if I need to rectify anything, and confirm if this is normal.

Thank you.

Comment

I wish you success in your new project. This should be a new tank. In # 7 in the link below, the ZeoVit system has a complete description of the initial 14-day cycle.

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...nformation-faq

On the drug delivery plan, if I understand it right, it seems a bit off

I clicked on the picture, I think, in the sump, any iron metal buckle, iron clip, this should be avoided. The clip above the glass, the retaining ring soaked in front of the reactor inlet, and the retaining ring between the upper hoses (tee). These may be areas for improvement, which may be better.

Around the cushions, I am not sure if this is feasible, if it is me, I will delete it. Does it seem to reduce noise? It looks cool.

In addition, the time to release animals may be too fast

Comment

What could I used instead of metal clamps ? I'm just afraid the pump will pull out the hoses has it had happen before on my previous tanks.

The cushing it is indeed to remove noise, the aquarium is on the kitchen island. Why would you remove it ?

The introduction of animals was done as per the zeo guide, it mentioned to introduce the first fish and coral on the 10th day but yes maybe I should have added only 1 clownfish and not 2, I felt bad to put a fish alone.

I also misread the dosing procedure in the beginning. I thought after the 4th day I was supposed to only do as per the bottles instructions which is why I'm dosing daily now.

Thanks for you inputs.

Comment

I just bought a nitrate test kit (salifert) it's reading 25 and phosphate is reading 0.

Comment

Nylon cable tie

I can't tell you exactly whether such a method produces additional bad conditions (soundproof cushions), such as: wet paint (odor), odor, etc. entering the water column. Maybe it's good (I don't really know).

According to the instructions in the Zeo manual, it is indeed possible. Make sure slow

Use higher-level instruments to measure phosphate, which is very good

Considering the initial establishment of the tank, it may be better to use some high-quality live rock, but there are already animals in the tank

Comment

Hello Amy, would recommend you to continue dosing as planned:

ZeoBac – 2 drops daily until day 10 than dose 2 drops 2 – 3 x weekly
                ZeoStart – 0.2 ml 2 x daily
                SpongePower – 2 drops daily until day 10 than dose 2 drops 2 – 3 x weekly

First ZeoVit exchange should when the first 4 weeks have passed, replace just 50% of the material for the first time. After each exchange dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days.

At the moment I would recommend to stop dosing ZeoFood, it can be used later.

At the moment lets wait before adding additional fish and see of the brown film disappear within the next 2 or 3 weeks.

G.Alexander

Comment

Hi G. Alexander,

For the dosing did you mean until day 14 or 10? As the tank is already on the 12th day now.

​​​​​i will remove the metal clamps and use nylon cable ties.

As far as for testing phosphate, how should I test it ? Hanna checker instead of the salifert test kit??

Thanks for the help again.

Comment

By the way, if the power fails, will the sump overflow? I don't know if you are concerned about this issue. Maybe you have tested

Comment

I noticed that in the main display system, the magnet brush, over time, it may expose the metal to the water column, which may cause a negative reaction to coral. (It is difficult to say what the future looks like, but it is recommended to replace something else, it may be better)

Comment

I have tested the sump already if power would have to fail, there is plenty of room.

I didn't know these magnet would rust out eventually, is there a better brand or should I just keep it out of the water when not in use ?

Comment

It is difficult to say whether the magnet brush is a problem, some people have encountered the problem, and some people use it well. However, what is certain is that the buckle immersed in the sump is indeed a problem. I use tunze's magnetic brush

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                            Hi G. Alexander,

For the dosing did you mean until day 14 or 10? As the tank is already on the 12th day now.
                            Hello Amy, just continue two further days, than reduce to 2 – 3 x weekly.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thank you, it's doing a lot better now, algae is almost all gone except for the glass, the film build up very quickly but rocks and sand is clean.

Nitrate are down to 5 and phosphate my hanna checker detects 0 and salifert test also.

​​

Comment

Working...
                              X