Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Started on ZEOvit from the off

Hi guys,

So I have decided to go with the ZEOvit system on my 75L (16G) Red Sea Max Nano. Tank has been running for two months, and has had fish in for three weeks (pair of juvenile clowns). I've ordered ZEObak, ZEOfood plus, ZEOstart, the ZEOlite rocks and their activated carbon.

I'm going the way of keeping the rocks in a media bag in my sump, and shaking it daily, as I don't have the space for a media reactor.

I have no corals in there right now but will be for sure in the future.

Is it best to start the system on the tank now, before I even put coral in the tank? What of what I've got do I need before I add coral, how long until I can add coral after I've started and what else do I need in the sort term in terms of ZEO products. I have an understanding of the system and have done a lot of research but my knowledge isn't massively in depth, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Zeo Food Plus its classification is not a basic product, it is recommended to use Zeo SpongePower, Zeo FoodPlus can be used by biologically coloring coral later. What are the current ways to reduce nutrients? Do you use UV lamps or ozone? What is the actual nutrition level?

Comment

When I started I had high phosphate and nitrate, phosphate from the man made rock and nitrate from lfs water. I lowered phosphate with ATM Colony’s Agent green to keep it down and then water changes which has worked. My nitrate has pretty much all disappeared since cycling. I have my own RODI unit now and make my own salt water so no more going into the system like that. Water changes and a skimmer are my only nutrient reduction method at the moment. But I’m keeping on top of it, nitrate is almost no existent and phosphate is about 0.5.

I’m currently Feeding light and only have two clowns. I’d like to have a few more fish and lots of coral. And I’d like to feed heavy in time.

I don’t run UV or ozone.

Thank you Jacky.

Comment

I have an extra idea, but I do n’t know if you can accept it. Because the nutrients are leached from the rock, the phosphate is as high as 0.5, the net water volume does not seem to be much (small tank), 2 fish and some corals. It takes a while for the Zeo system to drive bacteria. This will be a slow interval, which is hard to tell. Based on the above conditions (mainly the problem of nutritional leaching), if possible, the biological animals are temporarily entrusted to friends or businesses for care. Use fresh and high quality live rock to start the tank and execute the Zeo 14-day cycle. You can consider the DIY reactor before implementing the Zeo plan (if you only use a mesh bag, this is also possible, but it is better to have a reactor). This is a new beginning. Compared with the current situation, this may be a superior path

Comment

It is not clear what the dry rock material is. In addition to leaching nutrients, maybe it may also leach certain substances, causing coral discomfort (just guess, but it is possible). Another idea is that if you can, get some old ZeoVit materials, which will be better, and this will speed up the biological process

Comment

It is just a man made dry rock designed so I can display the corals. They’re known for leaching phosphate, which it was but doesn’t seem to be doing so much now.

sorry what are the old ZEOvit materials?

Comment

Sorry, the old material means that the Zeo bacteria in the pores of the ZeoVit material have the function of dealing with the chemical changes of water. Can you provide a clear picture of the current main display system and sump? The dry rock in the picture, I have no experience with it, what material is it?

Comment

I don’t know what it’s made of. It came with the tank, secondhand. But I really want to use it, and seem to have directed the issue. There are places online that sell them, you can buy them ready made or made to order.

here are pictures of the DT, what I have below for dosing etc and my sump. My sump currently had marine pure balls at the bottom, filter floss and the overflow, a skimmer and a heater.

Comment

net water volume = 16g = 64 liter
                  Number of zeolites = 0.16 liters
                  Zeo activated carbon quantity = 0.06 liters

It is strongly recommended that you use some fresh high-quality small rock (live rock) placed in the filter tank

Use a mesh bag to place the zeolite in the filter tank (if possible, use old zeolite material, which is better) (highly recommend you)

There is currently no reactor, it is also recommended that you use a reactor

1. Put 0.16 liters of Zeovit into the net bag. When turning off the pump, make sure that the zeolite is not exposed to air. Clean the material x2 times a day. Leave the zeolite in the filter for 4 weeks until you make the first replacement. This is the first change interval, other intervals can be extended to 6-8 weeks.

2. Place 0.06 liters of activated carbon in the filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow (replace every 30 days). Knead the carbon every day to keep the surface clean. Most users use korallenzucht toner to get perfect results.

3. Within the first two weeks of the start, take 1 drop of ZeoBac each time

Take 0.064ml ZeoStart 2 x every day (morning and evening)

Agent Green of ATM Colony, I am not familiar with the product, let us leave it as it is for the time being

Get Zeo Sponge Power products, 1 drop every other day (be sure to execute)

Get BioMate products, 2 drops every other day (be sure to execute)

When doing so, pay attention to the phosphate level. If it starts to decrease slowly, let's keep waiting for about 2 weeks, and then reduce the ATM product by 1/5. If everything goes well, execute at weekly intervals, reducing the amount by 1/5 each time.

Please also keep in mind that biology is still in the development stage, feeding fish should be controlled

Was it dry sand at the beginning?

These are some of my thoughts, I ca n’t give you the exact results, but you can try

I highly recommend that you use some small, high-quality fresh live rock and place it in the filter tank. (It plays a very important role)

Comment

Thanks Jacky,

My net water volume is 75L including sump (16.5g), does that change anything?

How do I work out how many litres of zeolite rocks and carbon I am using?

When you say not to expose them to the air, does that mean they have to stay submerged in the sump when I shake them? I'd planned on shaking them in the main tank for the corals, and I have a skimmer in the sump. Do I need to turn the skimmer off when doing this?

I am not currently dosing Agent Green by ATM, as it brought down my levels of phosphate in about 4 days. If I dose it I only need to do it about once, and unsure if I need to do it again at this stage.

How do I get old zeolite material?

I'm wary of using live rock as I don't want pests like aiptaisa in my tank. I am happy to be patient and wait for as long as it takes to mature in the tank.

Yes it was drys sand.

Where do I get ZEO Sponge Power and BioMate?

Thank you Jacky, I appreciate the time

Comment

Net water volume 75 litres, zeolite quantity about 0.19 litres, Zeo activated carbon quantity about 0.075 litres (zeolite = 1 litre per 400 litres of seawater (ie 1 pack), Zeo activated carbon = 0.1 litres per 100 litres of seawater)

After shaking the zeolite material, it is immersed in seawater. There is no need to close the skimmer. If possible, let the mud enter the main display system, not at the skimmer entrance

Shake zeolite every day x2

Add some high quality live rock to the filter tank. Fill as much as possible and immerse in seawater

Let's execute Zeo basic products

In the first 2 weeks, Zeo Bac is 1 drop a day, otherwise 2 ~ 3 times a week

Zeo Start 0.075ml x2, every morning and evening
                      Zeo Sponge Power 1 drop every other day
                      BioMate 3 drops every other day

Monitor the phosphate level and give the system some time. If the nutritional level decreases and stabilizes in the Zeo dosing plan, then reduce your original product dose. Let us take the weekly unit for at least 4 weeks.

While performing the above Zeo administration, keep the water parameters as slow as possible at the NSW level and keep it as stable as possible

Kh 6.5~7.5
                      Ca 400~420
                      Mg 1250~1300
                      K+~380

I can't guarantee whether this is perfect, but you can try to do the above, please be sure to fully implement the plan. Also, be sure to add some quality live rock, otherwise it will be a long time

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/sourc...ound-the-world

Comment

Thanks again Jacky.

How do I let the mud enter the main tank? Am I able to lift it out of the tank quickly to shake it in the main tank and put it back in the sump? Otherwise it will be taken in my the return pump and put in the main tank.

is BioMate a ZEO product as I can’t see it on the website? What does the ZEO Sponge Power do? I don’t have any sponges in my tank, just fish at the moment.

Thanks.

Comment

With the design of the filter tank, the water flow is pumped back to the main display system. Can also. It is better to use a reactor.

https://www.korallen-zucht.de/en/Sal...ncentrate.html

https://www.korallen-zucht.de/en/Sal.../Bio-Mate.html

Comment

Working...
                          X