No announcement yet.

New to reefing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I have alot of snails, and a urchin, and a fox face. My rodi is 5 chamber in the last chamber is small blue balls that color change is that what your talking about. Or are you talking about a brand if so I use BRS brand with a tds meter I change out when it reads 1 or 2

Comment

Ok so I started the coral snow. I noticed my po4 is stedely going up slowly. Should I up the dosing or do water changes

Comment

2 drops of Zeo Bac, 2-3 times a week
        Zeo Start 0.2ml x2, every day (morning and evening)
        Zeo Sponge Power 2 drops every other day
        4 drops of BioMatr every other day
        Zeo Coral Snow 2ml, one week

Use resin material as the last channel of the filter, change 10% of water every week, adjust the skimmer to wet

Is the zeolite reactor flow reduced now?

Comment

Yes the flow is good now.

Comment

It looks good, if all corals are healthy, keep the correct flow running. Use the purest water (resin material) as replacement water. Keep # 33 plan and adjust the skimmer to moist.

Comment

A pic of the brown stuff it's kinda going away. And I think the corals look good the 3 pics are from today they almost all die off and lost all color. there coming back nicely I think idk thow I'm new to this

Comment

Ok so update the brown stuff started to go away, and is now coming back, and water is not cristal clear. I feel like the redsea stuff just dont go down the overflow just stays up in DT. Might just put sand in the tank to help trap some stuff. Other then that corals look good colors are getting better and growing from what I can tell. Alk 7.5 mag 1320 cal 450 po4 .003

Comment

Might it just disappear daily in the dark period ?

From the picture I can really not say what it is.

G.Alexander

Comment

No it dont disappear when the lights are out. It's not bothering anything corals are growing and getting better color on the daily just looks ugly

Comment

From your dosing plan I can not see anything which does feed the algae so I would recommend to continue as planned additional dose 2 ml Coral Snow / 25 US gallons every other day at the moment. I would expect they do disappear after some time.

Adding sand is also a good idea, make sure to soak it well in RO water before using it. Do not use live sand. A grain size of 2 – 4 mm works well, depth ~ 2 – 4 cm. This should improve the biology.

G.Alexander

Comment

Update the brown stuff I think is dieing off its turning clear. Added the sand. From the last time I test po4 .000 to .009, alk 7.2 to 7.0,
                        cal 440 to 400 and what I dont get and have a question about
                        is mag 1280 to 1080 I test 2 times

Comment

With the brown hair algae would doing 2x 5g water changes weekly would be ok to do, till it's gone still dosing 4ml coral snow here are my readings for po4

Comment

Dear G Alexander and Jacky thanks for all the help all the input my tank is running good now all the brown stuff is gone and corals for the most part look happy
                            Last edited by Peteg3; 06-06-2020, 02:59 PM.

Comment

So I have a last ? For you two on doseing. On how much how often or not at all atm I have 9 lps and 5 acro and 3 Montipora all 3 Montipora are the unhappyest. But for doseing Zeostart .4ml a day .2 day .2 night, Zeobak 2 drops 2x a week, Spongepower 2 drops 3x week Lps amino acid 1ml 3x week Coral vitalizer 2drops 2xweek. Xtra 1ml 2x week Strontium 1 1/2 ml 3x week. K-balance 1ml 3x week. Reef-roids 2x week Carbon 100ml change out 1st of every month. Zeolite 2cups in reactor Change out 1st every month Is there anything I should change, stop, or add to that list. I have a 45 to 50 gl tank with sump only equipment I run is protein skimmer and zeo reactor. Alk 7.3 cal 440. Mag 1240 po4 0.00 Hanna ppb ulr

Comment

What is the exact issue with the montipora coals ? They are often sensitive to a low potassium level, have you already checked it ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                                X