New to reefing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to reefing

HI. im trying the zeovit but im new to reefing less then a year. I started my tank a 4 months ago but put the wrong sand in and was killing my corals sand blowing all over so I did 100% water change with no sand its almost like I start all over use all new rock that I cured. im on week 2 of the reset on the tank. water has a milky white look to it. and I had this brown stuff all over rock and corals that could easy blow away with a turkey baster. right now I dose .5 ml zoestart3 x2 day one at night one in the morning. zeobak 2 drops and sponge power 2 drops.
    1. The total water volume of the entire system (including water tank, etc.)-US gallons 65gl
    2. The net water volume (including water tank, etc.)-US gallon 50
    3. You are using CaCO2 reactor or other technology- no
    4. You are using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago etc.) no never
    5. You are using ozone- no
    6. You are using UV- no
    7. What separator are you using (type, rated water volume)?
    8. Your actual PO4 and NO3 content- .015 dont know no3
    how many? 9. Your actual Ca, Alk and Mg content ca 420-430 alk trying to lower to 7.1 was at 10.1 its down to 9.8 mag 1200-1320
    how many? 10. What filtering method do you use (refuge, DSB, miracle mud, etc.). none as i start with zeovit
    11. Type of light (watt, color temperature, age, etc.) 2 radion xr15 g5 pro with aqualife 4bulb t5 blue plus, coral plus, coral plus, blue plus
    12. What coral do you keep- acan candy cain 2 montapora and 1 acro 3 diff zoe, torch and 2 diff hammer,
    13. The color of the tissue (light or dark) light
    14. How long did the water tank run- not long
    15. Why do you use ZEOvit system over all health for the inhabitents and color of corals when up and running
    16. Any supplemental dose (type, quantity, reason, etc.) no
    17. Living stones (how many, how old etc.) 8
    18. Any existing problems cloudy water milky white, had brown rust like stuff all over everything for 3 days its now all gone over night
    19. Problem description (Tissue loss tips, tissue loss basis, diatom powder, algae, etc.
    . 20. Which test suite do you use (how old, recently replaced, etc.) hanna po4, nedsea mag/cal refractometer
    21. Current dosage, dosage and interval (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) zeovit 2 cups, zeobak 2 drops daily, zeofood no sponge power 2 drops dailey, zeostart .5ml 2x daily split up
    twenty two. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temperature, etc.) salinity 1.024-1.025, temp 77-78
    23. Which salt brand do you use instant ocean changeing to redsae for the lower element count
    thank you for and advice you can help me with

With time and nutrition level, if my understanding is correct (net water volume). 2 drops of Zeo Bac, 2 to 3 times a week. Zeo SpongePower 2 drops every other day. Zeo Start 0.2ml x2 (every day). They look brown and disappear? This seems unusual, can you show their appearance as a picture?

Comment

I test with hanna phosphorus ulr and the reading was 0.00 and for the brown, there was this brown film like stuff all over my rocks and corals for about 3 or 4 days and disappeared over night so I cant take a pic of the brown stuff. Should I change my dosing to what you put to and stop dosing zeobac and sponge power daily? Thanks for the help

Comment

Can you please post a picture of the brown stuff you are experiencing ?

G.Alexander

Comment

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...nformation-faq

It is not known what the so-called brown thing is. If the basic product of Zeo is excessive, it will indeed cause the brown thing. You can refer to the content of the link in # 6. # 2 The plan is based on the regular dosage, you can adjust it slightly, and the milky water should be improved, you can check whether it will decrease afterwards

Comment

Cant post a pic because its went away. Was just saying I had this brown film like stuff all over the rocks so you know what my tank had. At what point can I start doing my weekly, biweekly or monthly water change?

Comment

And is this normal Click image for larger version

Name:	15870180989837837670923423441008.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	595066

Comment

I ca n’t say I ’m right, but my feelings tell me that something like glutinous rice balls leached out of the picture below, or absorbed this substance, and the appearance was brownish red. In addition, are there signs of rust in the pipe parts and pumps? Green hose, what material is it?

Comment

The balls below are marine pure balls and the green hose i dont know came with the redsea tank. The foam is only in return chamber and zeovit reactor chamber the balls are in the overflow chamber.

Comment

Hello Pete, do you use a ZeoVit reactor, if yes what is the flow through it (gallons per hour) ?

Also can you post a full tank shot of your display system ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	15870538274856703058333311271390.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	595076
                      The Skimz zr127 on preset flow rate 1 not sure what the flow is but when I looked it up it say its for the amount of .3L media. Preset flow rate 2 is for .6L of media so I use preset flow for .3L because I have .5L in the reactor

Comment

If you use 0.5 liters ZeoVit the reactor flow should be ~ 50 US gallons per hour. You can measure it by collecting the water from the reactor outlet for 30 seconds with a small container, than multiply the volume by 120 and you will get the output per hour.

I would personally replace the green hose with a silicone hose, just to be sure, those green hoses does usually leach softeners over the time. Later on you might also begin to remove the bioballs step by step slowly, you will not need them.

Your lighting setup looks very blue to me, not ideal if you like to have optimal coral coloration so changing the setting is something I would do also.

G.Alexander

Comment

I would have no clue what to change my settings to. I would like the optimal coral coloration. As for the bio balls I will start removing them. Thanks for all you help

Comment

Make sure to remove them slowly over a period of 6 – 8 weeks, otherwise you might cause quick changes to the biology. Also keep a eye on the PO4 and NO3 level while doing this, both should not increase.

G.Alexander

Comment

Ok so now the brown stuff on the rocks is back. Am I over dosing something. Zeostart .2ml zeobac 2 drops 3 times week spongepower 2 drops 3 times week. I'm in a month in on the zeovit system.

Comment

Working...
                              X