algae problem. HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• algae problem. HELP!

Hi guys, I have a 60x35x35 nanoreef. Nemolight2 marine lighting. Sera skimmer ps130. Movement jebao sow-4 + sicce nano 2000lt / h. I regularly use zeobak, zeostart3, zeofood and coralvitalizer. Lately these algae are starting to appear, I don't understand if they are dinoflaggelate or cyan bacteria. I'm trying with cyanoclean + coral snow plus. Do you have any tips and tricks to give me? of course, criticisms are also welcome and constructive. Thanks a lot to everyone.

Later I would like to convert the tank to a complete zeovit but I don't know how to do it for zeolite, do you think it works if I put a backpack filter or an external filter to make it work?

I forgot to say that I am new in the forum, and as I said before I want to get closer to this system because turning on the web I have seen great results. Thanks to everyone who will help me.

sorry if i don't speak english well.

It looks like brown algae, what is the net water volume? What are all the additives? What is the dosage of Zeo products? What is the NP level? (What product is used in the test package)

Comment

1. The total water volume of the entire system (including water tank, etc.)-US gallons / imperial gallons / liter
      2. The net water volume (including water tank, etc.)-US gallon / imperial gallon / liter
      3. You are using CaCO2 reactor or other technology
      4. You are using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago etc.)
      5. You are using ozone
      6. You are using UV
      7. What separator are you using (type, rated water volume)
      8. Your actual PO4 and NO3 content
      how many? 9. Your actual Ca, Alk and Mg content
      how many? 10. What filtering method do you use (refuge, DSB, miracle mud, etc.).
      11. Type of light (watt, color temperature, age, etc.)
      12. What coral do you keep
      13. The color of the tissue (light or dark)
      14. How long did the water tank run
      15. Why do you use ZEOvit system
      16. Any supplemental dose (type, quantity, reason, etc.)
      17. Living stones (how many, how old etc.)
      18. Any existing problems
      19. Problem description (Tissue loss tips, tissue loss basis, diatom powder, algae, etc.
      . 20. Which test suite do you use (how old, recently replaced, etc.)
      21. Current dosage, dosage and interval (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
      twenty two. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temperature, etc.)
      23. Which salt brand do you use

Comment

the aquarium has been in operation for a year. They are 50 net liters of water. I have no calcium or zeolite reactors. I only use skimmers and activated carbon for the moment. inside there are 9kg of live rocks. the value of:
        kh = 7.7
        calcium = 450
        magnesium = 1300
        phosphates = 0
        nitrite = 0
        nitrates = 0
        silicates = 0

The lighting is a second generation nemolight marine model LED lamp.

corals I only have a hystrix and a pistillata.

daily dose of zeobak and zeo start3 and zeo food.

to try to solve the algae problem I was using cyanoclean together with coral snow plus. Do you have anything else to recommend?

as soon as possible i want to perfect and build a zeovit system correctly, the problem is only where to put the zeolite because i don't have a sump. I had thought if it can work to use an external filter with only zeolite inside.

Comment

Thank you. First, if possible, use resin material as the last channel of the filter, which is very good. Obtaining a higher level of phosphate test kit, really understand the level, which is also very good.

The net water volume is 50 liters

Zeolite about 0.13 liters

Zeo brand activated carbon is about 0.05 liters

1 drop of Zeo Bac, 2 to 3 times a week
          Zeo Start 0.05ml x2 (every day, morning and evening)
          Zeo Food, temporarily stop adding
          (Temporarily stopped, changed to Zeo Sponge Power, which is better if possible)

Zeo CoralSnow 0.5ml x7 days
          (Get this product)

Zeo CoralSnow Plus, 0.5ml x7 days
          (You can try, it also reduces nutrients)

Cyanoclean, I have no experience in using it, you can try to follow the Zeo guide instructions to add

For algae treatment, Zeo CoralSnow products are recommended. Compared with CoralSnow Plus, it has more carriers. (More fine powder)

The zeolite is temporarily placed in the tank using a mesh bag. It should be noted that the material is immersed in water to avoid contact with air, and the material is pulled several times, twice a day. You can also consider DIY a reactor. It is recommended to use a reactor as this will be better.

Before performing the above Zeo dosing plan, scrape the algae manually and do as much as possible. This is the fastest way. Get some functional animals, such as snails, also very good

Comment

ok thanks, I will do these tests.
            I measured the phosphates with the electronic tester and from scratch.
            The other values ​​all with salifert reagent test.
            How many grams correspond to 0.13 liters of zeolite and 0.05 of coal?
            What is the difference between using coral snow and coral snow plus?
            So do you think zeolite does not work well inside an external filter with a 300-400lt / h pump? like hydor prime 10?

Comment

1.the net water volume = 50 liters

2. Most people use Zeo CoralSnow to treat algae has been successful and improved, it is recommended to use CoralSnow to treat algae.

The following is my understanding. Compared with the actual use, I can't say that I am right. Compared with Coral Snow, Coral Snow Plus can reduce the effect of nutrients more, but Coral Snow Plus is not more integrated than Coral Snow. At the same dose, CoralSnow stays in the water column for longer, which will help to clean more effectively.

Because you do not currently have CoralSnow products, you can temporarily choose CoralSnow Plus products to improve, but the effect is not as good as CoralSnow, x7 days, will not adversely affect animals and corals

I also recommend you to get ZeoCoralSnow, Zeo Sponge Power, Biomate. This is better

Hydor Prime 10, I do n’t understand what this is, I am really sorry. Since the net water volume is really small, perhaps a DIY reactor is a good way, or refer to whether there is a suitable reactor. The additional idea is to try to use a mesh bag and clean the material twice a day, which is fine. However, using a reactor will make it more stable.

Comment

ok thank you very much, as soon as i can i will buy the products recommended by you. one last question, How many grams correspond to 0.13 liters of zeolite and 0.05 of coal?

Comment

Originally posted by todisco94 View Post
                  ok thank you very much, as soon as i can i will buy the products recommended by you. one last question, How many grams correspond to 0.13 liters of zeolite and 0.05 of coal?
                  net water volume: 50 liters = 12.5 US gallons

Comment

From the picture it looks like you have both, cyano and dinoflaggelate. The reason for them can be really different so you need to rule out potential issues.

First I would try to stop dosing ZeoFood , can you please tell how long you have dosed a mixture of CyanoClean and CoralSnow as a treatment and how much you have dosed ?

Please also tell us which kind of rocks and sand you use in your system.

It is not ideal to weight the ZeoVit material, it is a natural material so the weight can differ, the volume is a better scale unit. Use about one had full of the material.

Here you can see a video which might be a possibility to use the material in your small system also:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/video...nano-aquarium/

They have used some kind of a overflow filter putting the material in a small bag which can be easy cleaned. The bag should not have to a to small mash, maybe the material for the automatic reactors would be the better choice:

https://www.korallen-zucht.de/it/Acq...utomatico.html

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post

net water volume: 50 liters = 12.5 US gallons
                      sorry, maybe I express myself badly. How do you convert zeolite from liters to kg? and coal from liters to kg?

zeolite 0.13lt =? kg

coal 0,05lt =? kg

sorry if my english is not perfect but i speak little and translate with google.

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
                        From the picture it looks like you have both, cyano and dinoflaggelate. The reason for them can be really different so you need to rule out potential issues.

First I would try to stop dosing ZeoFood , can you please tell how long you have dosed a mixture of CyanoClean and CoralSnow as a treatment and how much you have dosed ?

Please also tell us which kind of rocks and sand you use in your system.

It is not ideal to weight the ZeoVit material, it is a natural material so the weight can differ, the volume is a better scale unit. Use about one had full of the material.

Here you can see a video which might be a possibility to use the material in your small system also:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/video...nano-aquarium/

They have used some kind of a overflow filter putting the material in a small bag which can be easy cleaned. The bag should not have to a to small mash, maybe the material for the automatic reactors would be the better choice:

https://www.korallen-zucht.de/it/Acq...utomatico.html

G.Alexander

hello, I have been using cyanoclean and coral snow plus for 6 days.
                        As sand I have 1cm of fine white aragonite just to cover the bottom.
                        Rocks I have 9kg of live tropical rocks.
                        How can I measure volume instead of grams? is a normal measuring cup for liquids okay or should i use another tool?

thank you very much for helping.

Comment

ZeoVit material

1L for 400L seawater (1 pack), also equals about 1000ml.

200L seawater = 500ml.

100L seawater = 250ml.

50L seawater = 125ml

It can't be calculated by weight, that is, you say g as the unit. This is wrong. The measuring cup is used at about 125ml, so do you understand?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Explain this way, are you clear?
                            Attached Files

Comment

okok thank you very much. all clear now I understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X