No announcement yet.

Back to KZ again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks good. If the coral is healthy, slowly and gradually adjust the reactor flow to 280 litres per hour

NO3, 1-1.5 will not have a negative impact on corals, with the passage of time, the flow rate of the reactor, the biological growth is stronger, it should slowly decrease.

In a malnourished environment, K + (potassium) has become an important element. I wonder if you have already obtained this element level?

In addition, Kh and Ca levels are also important, especially kh, to maintain inline.
    kh6.5 ~ 7.5
    Ca400 ~ 420
    K + ~ 380mg

Comment

Thanks Jacky.
      Finally, I put the auto-doser from Grotech for alkaline and calcium dosation.
      Coral looks good. I observe an increasing disclosure of polyps and a slight improvement in colors.
      Half a year, like the Acropora Microclados (Shortcake), the polyps did not open and the color disappeared. Now the polyps are open and the colors are very slowly returning.
      The polyps of the Acropora Millepora (I have 5 of them) were also not revealed several months before Zeovit starting. Now all polyps are disclosed, but not so much as Millepora should be.
      After increasing the flow through the reactor to 120 l / h and turning off the “3 hours on” - “3 hours off” mode, phosphates suddenly jumped (0.16). I feed my LPS corals each Saturdays.
      Most likely because of this. To reduce phosphate, Zeofood switched to daily dosing instead of 2 times a week. Yesterday, phosphate was again at zero.
      For now, apparently, I will stop LPS feeding.
      I mixed half a frozen Rotifers cube, half a Red Plankton cube and a quarter teaspoon of Reef Roids.
      Nitrates are stable 2.
      While it is not possible to stabilize Calcium and Alkaline.
      When I dose my standard dose of ESV in 30 ml. Alc and Calcium are growing. Drop to 25 ml - drops.
      Installed auto-doser for dosing 5 ml 6 times a day and wait a week, I will observe.
      After 10 days I'll change Zeolites (6 weeks), then I will raise the flow.
      How gradually?
      I started with 50 l / h, now about 120.
      I plan to raise the next step to 180-200, is this normal?

Comment

After changing the material, please also remember Zeo Bac x10 days. After 2 weeks, if all corals are healthy, switch to continuous flow of 280 litres per hour. Please also keep the basic water parameters as close to NSW as possible.

Comment

Hello.
          While there was nothing to talk about, I did not write.
          The flow through the reactor brought up to 260 l/h.
          I have been fighting phosphates for more than a month. From 0.16, it has already reached 0.03 - 0.04.
          Nitrate is still constantly around 5.
          Since the level of nutrients is quite high, I think it is worth changing zeolites once a month, and not after 6 weeks.
          I stopped feeding LPS so as not to provoke the growth of already high nutrients.
          Calcium rose a little, a week ago it was somewhere around 440-450. Reduced dosage. Yesterday, the test showed 424.
          Finally got a potassium test. Today I measured it for the first time.
          It turned out to be low - only 350. I have already added potassium (15 ppm rise). I hope to bring to 400 in a week.
          Salinity - 1,025
          Phosphate - 0.04
          Nitrate 5
          Calcium - 424
          Magnesium - 1340
          additives
          Zeostart - 0.3 x 2 daily (with a break for a week of increased dosage Zeofood)
          Zeofood 6 drops 2 times a week (one week per month daily dosage of 18 drops)
          Zeobac - 3 drops 2 times a week
          Sponge Power - 3 drops 3 times a week
          Amino SPS - 3 drops 2 times a week
          Amino LPS 1 ml 2 times a week
          Coral-Vitalizer - 3 drops 2 times a week
          Flatworm Stop - 3 ml 2 times a week
          Kalium-Iodide-Fluor - 6 drops 2 times a week.
          Corals basically do not look bad, polyps are revealed.
          I hope that with the rise of potassium the red color will also intensify.
          As with the change of zeolites, nutrients should decrease even more.
          Thank you

Comment

Thank you for the update Nick, I am sure the increase of potassium will have a positive impact to the corals. Do not increase the level to quick, it might have negative consequences to the corals, give it about 2 weeks until the level reached ~ 380 mg. You can also cross check your salt mix for potassium, if it is to low already it might make sense to change to a different brand with a adequate level.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.
              I use salt from KZ.

Comment

I never used a k-balance, only weekly water changes.
                I think when I bring potassium to normal level, I will have to buy and start dosing k-balance.

Comment

For your system, K-Balance Strong is also a good choice. Please remember to increase it slowly, with an interval of about 2 weeks, K+~ to 380 mg

Comment

You write about the level of potassium 380. It seemed to me that 380 is the minimum, and the normal value is 400. Or am I mistaken?

Comment

Hello Nick, the natural level is ~ 380 mg, a little bit more or less does not hurt if your test kit is correct.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thank.
                        Gradually raised the potassium level. Today the test showed 405.
                        I stop adding. Today I bought K-Ballance. I was advised to add 5 ml per week and check potassium again after a month.
                        After increasing the potassium level, I immediately noticed a difference in the color of some corals. For example, the tips of Acropora Florida turned pink, which was not the case before.
                        I wanted to buy a B-Ballance to enhance the red color, but it was not there. Delivery Difficulties ...

Comment

Hello Nick, lets check the potassium level again in about 10 days to see if it does decrease again.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                          X