Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice for my tank

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    The flatworms do stress the corals so they are growing much slower which does reduce their element consumption. I would recommend to dose 0.5 ml CoralBooster / 25 US gallons 2 x weekly.

    Flatworm Stop can be dosed @ 3ml / 25 US gallons once daily for the first 10 days, than reduce the the quantity to 1 ml daily / 25 US gallons for further 2 weeks.

    G.Alexander

    Comment


    • #92
      hello
      how are you
      so some update
      all the coral looks good and growing amazing
      algae gone still have small amount of cyano but not alot
      i test po4 still high at 0.12
      i will do water change every 2-3 days maybe it will help
      i had some lost of Lps corals only but SPS look great and had none lost of them

      for the media change now should i change it all ? it has been 30 day and this will be the thired time of changing should i change now ? or let it 2 or 4 more weeks ?

      dosing still same
      zoeback 5 drop 2-3 time a week
      zeostart 0.5ml 2 time a day
      spongpower 5 drop every other day
      and coral snow 5ml every other day

      this what i dose for now
      should i change any thing or keep it as it is ?

      Comment


      • #93
        Doing fine, thank you for asking, hope you are doing well also !

        Good to hear the situation has become better. As PO4 is still elevated I would recommend to change the ZeoVit material after 4 weeks, exchange 90% of the material. Once PO4 is stabile low you can lengthen the changing interval to 6 – 8 weeks but always keep about 10% of the old material in the reactor and add 90% fresh material. This does speed up the colonization of the fresh ZeoVit material. After each exchange dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days.

        If you like to you can additional dose BioMate @ 10 drops every other day for some time, this might be helpful to reduce PO4 additional, otherwise your dosing regimen is OK.

        G.Alexander

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
          Doing fine, thank you for asking, hope you are doing well also !

          Good to hear the situation has become better. As PO4 is still elevated I would recommend to change the ZeoVit material after 4 weeks, exchange 90% of the material. Once PO4 is stabile low you can lengthen the changing interval to 6 – 8 weeks but always keep about 10% of the old material in the reactor and add 90% fresh material. This does speed up the colonization of the fresh ZeoVit material. After each exchange dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days.

          If you like to you can additional dose BioMate @ 10 drops every other day for some time, this might be helpful to reduce PO4 additional, otherwise your dosing regimen is OK.

          G.Alexander
          hello
          thanks for the advice i did change 90% of the media
          now is 10 days since the change
          algae is about 0% finally
          po4 drop down
          sep 6 : 0.12
          sep 9 : 0.08
          sep 19 : 0.04
          sep 12 : 0.02 - 0.04

          so next week i expect to be 0
          hope no dino come to the tank now when it heat 0

          so after i get it 0 with no problem when should i start to dose the other stuff ?
          i have bottols of
          Coral booster
          Flatworm stop
          Pohl's Coral Vitalizer
          Amino Acid Concentrate
          Pohl's K-Balance Kaliummix Strong (this i think after testing K right ?)

          also for the lps are they going to do fine in 0 po4 and no3 ?

          if i will give some corals to friend or sell some stuff as i have lot of frags when they take it will it have problem because they don't use zeovit ?

          Comment


          • #95
            Products to improve coral coloration and growth can be dosed once the corals start to get lighter tissue because of the nutrient reduction slowly, at the moment I would recommend you to continue with the basics. K-Balance should just be used in conjunction with a test to keep the level around 380 mg.

            I would not say that corals which are coming from a ZeoVit system are not doing well in other systems, I would say that corals coming from a nutrient poor environment basically can do fine in other systems also, they just might loose color depending to the nutrient situation in the other systems.

            G.Alexander

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
              Products to improve coral coloration and growth can be dosed once the corals start to get lighter tissue because of the nutrient reduction slowly, at the moment I would recommend you to continue with the basics. K-Balance should just be used in conjunction with a test to keep the level around 380 mg.

              I would not say that corals which are coming from a ZeoVit system are not doing well in other systems, I would say that corals coming from a nutrient poor environment basically can do fine in other systems also, they just might loose color depending to the nutrient situation in the other systems.

              G.Alexander

              hello,
              how are u

              now the new month
              my tank still almost the same
              po4 : 0.02 - 0.04
              no3: 0

              should i change now after 30 day 90% of the media or keep it for 2 more week ?
              po4 won't go down is that normal or i need to do something to get it to 0 ?
              i am feeding less, 1 time a day and didn't feed the coral any thing only the fish, i have maybe 8 fish and 5 shrimps and lot of clean up crow
              for the coral SPS doing amazing and growing fast
              color not that good
              lps not good lobo is dying i send to my friend some of them to try to save them, thats normal right ? or should i do something
              alage i have some little only not that much

              any advice if should i change or do something or i keep still everything same ?

              Comment


              • #97
                Doing fine, thank you for asking, hope you everything is OK with you also ?

                The PO4 level is not that bad, I would give the system some time, it will come down over the time slowly.

                Next ZeoVit media replacement would be I 2 weeks so every 6 weeks at the moment. Please keep in mind to dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days after each exchange.

                How much ZeoVit material do you use exactly and what is the actual flow of your ZeoVit reactor (measured) ?

                Also is this still what you actual dose ?

                zoeback 5 drop 2-3 time a week
                zeostart 0.5ml 2 time a day
                spongpower 5 drop every other day
                and coral snow 5ml every other day
                As you say your corals coloration is not optimal, can you please describe this a little bit more detailed ? Is it a leak of several colors or is the tissue to dark ?

                LPS corals do usually need more time to adopt while the migration but basically Lobophyllia corals can do well in a nutrient poor system. Maybe feeding them directly temporary might bel helpful.

                G.Alexander

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
                  Doing fine, thank you for asking, hope you everything is OK with you also ?

                  The PO4 level is not that bad, I would give the system some time, it will come down over the time slowly.

                  Next ZeoVit media replacement would be I 2 weeks so every 6 weeks at the moment. Please keep in mind to dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days after each exchange.

                  How much ZeoVit material do you use exactly and what is the actual flow of your ZeoVit reactor (measured) ?

                  Also is this still what you actual dose ?



                  As you say your corals coloration is not optimal, can you please describe this a little bit more detailed ? Is it a leak of several colors or is the tissue to dark ?

                  LPS corals do usually need more time to adopt while the migration but basically Lobophyllia corals can do well in a nutrient poor system. Maybe feeding them directly temporary might bel helpful.

                  G.Alexander
                  every thing great thanks.

                  ok great will leave it like this, i did some cleaning on the frag tank therre was lot of dirt, so i clean it i think this will help, i am not using any filter socks or sponge filter so this might be some problem of lot of dirt but it easy fix i will use filter roller very soon 1-2 months

                  for the media i am using 1.2L of media
                  every month i was changing only 1L and keep the 0.2L

                  the flow now is around 540L/H, i can move it up to 700L/H
                  my reactor has only 4 different flow
                  180L/h
                  360l/h
                  540l/h
                  700l/h


                  for the color yes most of them showing green for example i have pc rainbow acro it only now green
                  but it might be the light to high as i have new T5 so i will wait and cheek what could be the problem

                  for LPS i moved them to my friend some of them doing great and some not

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    You can increase the ZeoVit quantity a little bit at the next exchange to 1.3 liters. Water flow through the reactor should ~ 500 liters per hour so it is not necessary to increase it if this is really the flow as the material does speed down the flow massive.

                    If you install additional T5 make sure to start hinging the fixture higher at the beginning, bring it down slowly in small steps over a 4 week period.

                    G.Alexander

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
                      You can increase the ZeoVit quantity a little bit at the next exchange to 1.3 liters. Water flow through the reactor should ~ 500 liters per hour so it is not necessary to increase it if this is really the flow as the material does speed down the flow massive.

                      If you install additional T5 make sure to start hinging the fixture higher at the beginning, bring it down slowly in small steps over a 4 week period.

                      G.Alexander
                      ok great will do that
                      for the T5 yes its very high it was install more than 2 month a ago
                      but my friend told me that this sps coral i have don't need that much of light
                      so maybe this is the problem
                      its not all the corals
                      now i turn the T5 off for a week because i have lot of new sps i add this week let them acclimate to the Radion then will run the T5

                      will post some photo to cheek it out

                      Comment


                      • Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2245.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	597856Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2251.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	597813Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2271.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	597814Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2277.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1,004.8 KB
ID:	597815Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2291.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	597816Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2319.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	597817Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2281.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	836.0 KB
ID:	597818Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2323.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	597819Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2339.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	597820Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2293.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	597821Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2301.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	597822Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2337.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	597823Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2288.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	597824Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2444.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	725.1 KB
ID:	597825Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2352.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	855.4 KB
ID:	597826Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2441.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	597827Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2371.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1,023.7 KB
ID:	597828Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2351.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	597829Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2455.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	597830Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2455.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	597857Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2371.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	1,023.7 KB
ID:	597858Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2449.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	1,021.8 KB
ID:	597832Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2394.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	597833Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2453.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	597834Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2451.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	597835Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2462.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	848.5 KB
ID:	597836Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2474.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	796.7 KB
ID:	597837Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2464.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	829.1 KB
ID:	597838Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2458.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	837.9 KB
ID:	597839Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2460.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	804.3 KB
ID:	597840Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2483.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	597841Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2485.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	597842Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2467.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	597843Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2471.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	597844Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2481.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	597845Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2533.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	697.3 KB
ID:	597847Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2532.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	717.9 KB
ID:	597848Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2497.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	900.8 KB
ID:	597849Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2487.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	799.4 KB
ID:	597850Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2493.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	597851Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2549.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	836.4 KB
ID:	597852Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2534.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	597853Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2547.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	873.7 KB
ID:	597854Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2525.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	597855Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2245.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	597859Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2371.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	1,023.7 KB
ID:	597860Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2371.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	1,023.7 KB
ID:	597861
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • here is a link some of my shot from my reef
                          https://imgur.com/a/FTRXDtk

                          Comment


                          • You have some great looking corals, thank you for sharing.👍

                            G.Alexander

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
                              You have some great looking corals, thank you for sharing.👍

                              G.Alexander
                              for sure man, less what i can do for you
                              without your help i won't reach this point

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X