No announcement yet.

Advice for my tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The flatworms do stress the corals so they are growing much slower which does reduce their element consumption. I would recommend to dose 0.5 ml CoralBooster / 25 US gallons 2 x weekly.

Flatworm Stop can be dosed @ 3ml / 25 US gallons once daily for the first 10 days, than reduce the the quantity to 1 ml daily / 25 US gallons for further 2 weeks.

G.Alexander

Comment

hello
      how are you
      so some update
      all the coral looks good and growing amazing
      algae gone still have small amount of cyano but not alot
      i test po4 still high at 0.12
      i will do water change every 2-3 days maybe it will help
      i had some lost of Lps corals only but SPS look great and had none lost of them

for the media change now should i change it all ? it has been 30 day and this will be the thired time of changing should i change now ? or let it 2 or 4 more weeks ?

dosing still same
      zoeback 5 drop 2-3 time a week
      zeostart 0.5ml 2 time a day
      spongpower 5 drop every other day
      and coral snow 5ml every other day

this what i dose for now
      should i change any thing or keep it as it is ?

Comment

Doing fine, thank you for asking, hope you are doing well also !

Good to hear the situation has become better. As PO4 is still elevated I would recommend to change the ZeoVit material after 4 weeks, exchange 90% of the material. Once PO4 is stabile low you can lengthen the changing interval to 6 – 8 weeks but always keep about 10% of the old material in the reactor and add 90% fresh material. This does speed up the colonization of the fresh ZeoVit material. After each exchange dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days.

If you like to you can additional dose BioMate @ 10 drops every other day for some time, this might be helpful to reduce PO4 additional, otherwise your dosing regimen is OK.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
          Doing fine, thank you for asking, hope you are doing well also !

Good to hear the situation has become better. As PO4 is still elevated I would recommend to change the ZeoVit material after 4 weeks, exchange 90% of the material. Once PO4 is stabile low you can lengthen the changing interval to 6 – 8 weeks but always keep about 10% of the old material in the reactor and add 90% fresh material. This does speed up the colonization of the fresh ZeoVit material. After each exchange dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days.

If you like to you can additional dose BioMate @ 10 drops every other day for some time, this might be helpful to reduce PO4 additional, otherwise your dosing regimen is OK.

G.Alexander
          hello
          thanks for the advice i did change 90% of the media
          now is 10 days since the change
          algae is about 0% finally
          po4 drop down
          sep 6 : 0.12
          sep 9 : 0.08
          sep 19 : 0.04
          sep 12 : 0.02 - 0.04

so next week i expect to be 0
          hope no dino come to the tank now when it heat 0

so after i get it 0 with no problem when should i start to dose the other stuff ?
          i have bottols of
          Coral booster
          Flatworm stop
          Pohl's Coral Vitalizer
          Amino Acid Concentrate
          Pohl's K-Balance Kaliummix Strong (this i think after testing K right ?)

also for the lps are they going to do fine in 0 po4 and no3 ?

if i will give some corals to friend or sell some stuff as i have lot of frags when they take it will it have problem because they don't use zeovit ?

Comment

Products to improve coral coloration and growth can be dosed once the corals start to get lighter tissue because of the nutrient reduction slowly, at the moment I would recommend you to continue with the basics. K-Balance should just be used in conjunction with a test to keep the level around 380 mg.

I would not say that corals which are coming from a ZeoVit system are not doing well in other systems, I would say that corals coming from a nutrient poor environment basically can do fine in other systems also, they just might loose color depending to the nutrient situation in the other systems.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
            X