No announcement yet.

Thinking about KZ Additives - Full Zeo or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basically the posts are still up to date but some products which have been added later to the portfolio are missing.

G.Alexander

Comment

• Hi,

after a bit of a wobble i've got the tank back on track. I have removed all but the basic zeovit additives.
      Zeolite stones - 500ml and 120lph (230l net volume)
      Zeostart - 2x 0.15ml per day
      Zeobak and biomate - 2 drops 3 times a week
      Coral Snow 1ml every other night
      Carbon is run in a bag and changed every month.

I perform a 10% water change weekly and a 20% water change at the start of every month.

Are there any products worth including now or soon. I stopped sponge power also as i was not sure if it was encouranging diatoms so i wanted to see if this would change.

Comment

• Not sure about the actual condition of your corals and the nutrient concentrations but if everything es OK you can continue to just dose the basics at the moment, reactor flow could be a little bit higher so ~ 200 liters per hour would be ideal.

G.Alexander

Comment

• I am due to change zeolites this weekend do I will increase the flow slightly over the next few weeks.

i have a new connecting hose for my reactor as the current one is stiff and causes a bend, which restricts flow.

Corals look ok, sone are dark, others medium but none are light yet.

growth and encrustations is good.

Comment

• Lets keep your dosing plan at the moment, if most corals start to get lighter tissue while nutrients are stabile low it would be the right time to add products to improve coloration. Make sure to have the K+ level around 380 mg.

G.Alexander

Comment

• Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
              Lets keep your dosing plan at the moment, if most corals start to get lighter tissue while nutrients are stabile low it would be the right time to add products to improve coloration. Make sure to have the K+ level around 380 mg.

G.Alexander
              Thank you. Zeolites are due to be changed tomorrow, 500ml and keep 10% of old stones.
              potassium is checked weekly and is currently 390-400 for the past 3 weeks

Comment

• I have been re-reading the 2018 Zeovite guide PDF and on the first page, beside the parameter guidance it says "for the calculations of quantities, please use the gross water amount".

Is this correct? Everything I have done and read previously says to use the Net volume.

Comment

• I have always used and recommended the quantities referring to the net water volume as the manufacturer has also done since the beginning. Can not tell you why this was changed.

G.Alexander

Comment

• It does not make sense to me to use the gross volume, perhaps it is a typing mistake.

I will continue to use net volume as it makes logical sense.

Comment

• 500ml of new zeolites with 15% of previous stones reused was changed last saturday

155litres per hour which will be increased in a week if the corals respond well.

​​​​​​​Zeostart dose was increased to 0.4ml a day (2x 0.2ml). I have noticed a lot of green film on the glass. Could this be due to the increase in zeostart dose?
                      Corals look ok, I will take some pictures later.

Comment

• Any PO4 or NO3 detectable ?

G.Alexander

Comment

• no3 I have not tested but it was less that 0.5 last week.
                          po4 is undetectable now, it was 0.02 over the weekend.

Comment

• I have test po4 again this morning and it is still 0.02. It has not reduced much since increasing the dose of zeostart to 0.4ml 4 days ago

Comment

• Lets keep the path, 0.02 mg is really not a issue.

G.Alexander

Comment

• Great. I made the same decision this morning. I am doing my best to remain patient and allow each change to reflect in the tank evolution

Comment

Working...
                                X