No announcement yet.

Thinking about KZ Additives - Full Zeo or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep the material at the moment, later you can start to remove it step by step over several weeks slowly.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thanks.

When i add the zeolite and reactor should i maintain current zeobak dosing @ 1 drop per 100l 2x a week or increase it?
      reactor will be run 3 hours on and 3 hours off as discussed previously

Comment

After putting ZeoVit material and reactor into use, Zeo Bac 2 drops x 14 days. If you can, drop Zeo Bac and Zeo Start at the front entrance of the reactor and pull the lever once a day, which is also good. Keep the reactor on and off for 3hrs until the first 4 weeks

Comment

Thanks jacky. Should I be weary if anything as my tank is already low nutrient. They are undetectable

Comment

Low malnutrition is good, this is basic (remember this concept), you should be able to see better feedback

Comment

The reactor is now set up and ready for the zeolites.

flow is 100l/hr empty. 250ml of zeolites are soaking in ro and will be added in the morning. This is a half dose.

The pump intake is directly beneath my zeostart dosing line. I can also dose zeobak here too.

Should anything else be dosed into the reactor intake?

Comment

Zeo Bac and Zeo Start can be administered near the entrance of the reactor, avoiding it before the entrance of the skimmer, so that's it. There is no need for any other substances to do simple things.

Comment

Thanks again. The zeolites have now been added to the reactor.

Are there any things i should look out for to show me things are not going well?

Comment

Observe your corals for coloration, poly expansion and growth, no one of them should change to negative.

G.Alexander

Comment

If I do see a decline in polyp extension, colour or growth what action is best.

nutrients are undetectable and I am using half the recommended zeolite, with 3hrs on and 3 hours off

Comment

This problem is difficult for me to say, and my experience is not very good. There are many reasons, it may be so. 1. The basic water parameters are not inline 2. Too low/too many elements 3. The spectrum is old/too blue 4. Unbalanced water

Comment

if all of these are in the correct balance, would you suggest small feeding of amino or vitalizer, or even Zeofood?

Comment

Depending on the appearance of the coral, if everything is fine, it should be fed back to the healthier and expanded growth of the coral. Through the coral, we can find that the tissue becomes lighter and more protruding polyps, it is difficult for me to give you a specific explanation The biological balance of these, the Zeo basic products are fully exerted, please continue for a while (this is also the basis) before we can enter the second stage (nutrition/coloring products)

Comment

Over the past week I have grown this. Corals are doing great though so I have let it be.

i am dosing 0.1ml total zeostart3 twice a day and have just finished my two weeks of 3hrs on 3 hrs off with the zeolite.

Only usung zeobak, biomate and sponge power 3x a week now.

Nitrate was zero and is now 1 and phosphate was 0 and is now 0.02. This is due more feeding due to a new fish and trying to get another to eat more.

Comment

I think it's good to control feeding. The brown/red bacterial film on the sand layer, you can do more vacuum to make it clean

Comment

Working...
                                X