No announcement yet.

Thinking about KZ Additives - Full Zeo or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can also start with a lower amount of the material, just make sure to also adjust the reactor flow to the actual used quantity. Recommended flow is 400 liters per hour for each 1 liter ZeoVit material. Use also the 3 hour on / off interval for the reactor for the first couple of weeks.

G.Alexander

Comment

So if my net volume is 230litres, I may just use 200litres as my volume as it is easier to calculate and measure doses.

this means 0.5 litres of zeolite is a normal amount, so perhaps use 125ml to start? This means flow should be roughly 40 litres per hour?

what about zeobak dosing? I already do this twice a week. Increase as per Zeovit guide when the stones are added?

Comment

# 31, G. Alexander gave a small amount of materials to start, which is great. I think that if the corals are healthy, use the correct amount of zeolite material, the reactor flow rate to 200 ~ 230 liters, and keep on and off for 3hr. When starting to use zeolite material, 2 drops of Zeo Bac (14 days) for the first 2 weeks, otherwise 2 to 3 times a week. Zeo Bac and Zeo Start dosage before the reactor inlet

Comment

I may use half to 3/4 of the usual amount then.

What st other products should I use during the start up period.

i am already using bio mate and sponge power. Should I continue using these as normal?

Comment

Yes, 2 drops of Zeo Sponge Power every other day. (Good biological side effects). 4 drops of BioMate every other day. (Support biology, reduce nutrition, reduce sediment)

The following is also very good based on the regular plan-

The first zeolite material is retained for the first 4 weeks. Replace the first zeolite material. After 2 weeks, if the coral is healthy, switch the reactor to continuous flow. At this time, start adding Zeo SpongePower, which is also very good.

Comment

Excellent, I will await delivery of the items and let you know once set up and ready to turn on.

Comment

Looks good, keep your progress updated. I have a question, why not use the correct amount of zeolite?

Comment

# 5 in the URL link for your reference
                  https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...nformation-faq

5 liters of Siporax and 1kg of maxspect biospheres are similar to pure ocean water. Unfortunately, I have no product experience. Normally, these are not necessary.

Comment

Does A balance work to help rid cyano bacteria. It is interesting that Coral snow and zeobak is suggested often but A balance is listed as remedy to cyano and it is not spoken of often

Comment

A Balance can be used as a cyano treatment also, it can additional be dosed 1 x weekly to prevent their growth.

G.Alexander

Comment

I have tested the pump I will use for the reactor. At its lowest setting it fills a 2l jug in exactly 1 minute. This is 120litres per hour. Normal zeolite amount is 500ml but I will use 250ml to start. Is 120litres per hour for 250ml of zeolite a good amount for starting. I will still run 3 hours on and 3 hours off as well. I much prefer to be safe as the tank is a year old.

Comment

Sounds good.

G.Alexander

Comment

How does zeofood plus fit into the Zeovit method. I have zeo start, zeobak, sponge power and bio mate and understand how to use these. How does zeo food plus fit in

Comment

If you do not have algae issues and if your system runs nutrient poor solid dosing it 2 x weekly @ 1 drop / 25 US gallons usually works well. It does fine tune coral coloration and has a positive impact to the biology.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thank you. I think for now I will stick with ZB, zs, sp, and bio mate.

Zeo reactor has been posted now so in the next few days we should be underway.

i am unsure on whether to remove the Siporax bio media now or slowly over time.
                                It just leave it in

Comment

Working...
                                X