Thinking about KZ Additives - Full Zeo or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefdom View Post
    I have performed a number of water tests and nitrate is now 1 and phosphate is zero ppb on the Hanna phosphorus Ulr.
    corals look well with good extension at night and growth.

I am not dosing any zeostart or other carbon source at the moment, just skimming and bak/biomate.

what would be the best next steps?
    It depends if you like to use the complete ZeoVit system or not.

G.Alexander

Comment

I do not struggle to keep nitrate and phosphate low and this is with a small dose of 0.1ml a day of start.

does this mean the stones are not critical, I don’t know. I have 3.5 litres of Siporax that water flows across in my sump.

currently I am using zeobak and biomate twice a week at normal dose and sponge power and half dose 3x a week.

as my nitrate is 0.2 and po4 between 0 & 0.03 I have started adding vitaliser at 1 drop every other day.

A recent icp test test has shown very low iodine so I will begin to dose lugols as I already have some.

I have began to skim dryer and the tank has improved, I feel it is due to bacteria remaining in the system longer allowing it to work more effectively.

Question, balling light or balling classic is best? .
      Also, is it worth adding aahc and zeofood plus now my levels are low and is it ok to introduce at the same time as iodine. Or should I just increase vitaliser dose ?

Comment

You talked about the point, you already said (your actual observation and experience), "I think this is because the bacteria stay in the system longer, which makes it work more efficiently." So, I would suggest you to use the complete Zeo foundation, it is really better. Please also note that the biology may change because you mentioned that ZeoStart is not dosed / incorrect.

Zeo products, it is a balanced and complete structure to reduce nutrition, it is the core of everything, which is really important

1. Put the goal at a distance, not just the current status (the current system, it is difficult to say, may not be so stable)

2.Incomplete / and adding only food sources (such as amino acids) without running the system through the first step will result in more nutrients being added to the system, which may result in poor results.

3.The basic four is the absolute minimum requirement that the zeovit system needs to be combined (purchased). Zeovit's other products are "on-demand" additives and supplements that can help you improve or adjust your system. In addition to the basic four, it is better to match the reactor. A complete system can also reduce problems encountered in other areas

Try to answer your question, my experience is not good, here are some ideas:

If the ICP report does show that it is below the standard, then Zeo iodine should be dosed twice a week. It should be okay. Unfortunately, there is no ICP service in my area. I always refresh the elements by changing the water every week

If there is no algae problem, no cyano problem, the appearance of the coral is not dark, and the coral has growth, then you can dose

Comment

I understand. Zeostart is being used now.

i am really not in a position to get a reactor at this point, however I do understand it completes the system.

Do you think I will be doing more harm than good by using kz products without the full system.

If i use zeobak, sponge power and zeo start without stones can I not achieve success?

Comment

Nothing is successful or unsuccessful, just suggest that a complete system is definitely better. Each product definitely has its own characteristics. Zeo basic products combine with each other and affect each other. It is sure to be more balanced and stable. I think it would be a pity if you do not use zeolite material, it depends on your choice. Of course, it is also possible not to use zeolite materials.
            On the basis of biology, zeolite material is definitely a great benefit

Comment

Thank you Jacky.

Zeostart - 0.1ml a day
              Zeobak - 1 drop 2x a week
              biomate - 1 drop 2x a week
              Sponge Power - 1 drop every other day
              Coral vitalizer - 1 drop 3x a week

No3 - 0.2
              po4 - 0.00-0.03

Corals are light with some colour but not amazing, mostly small to medium frags. Leves have been this low for over a month and were not much higher before that. I have AAHC, AA LPS and Zeofood plus not being used yet.

Based on what i have available and the above current dosing program, what do you suggest for progression.

Comment

What is potassium level? It ’s fun to get a test package. Does the coral grow and the polyps expand?

Comment

430. This is due to an inaccurate test kit. My test kit reach 40 ppm higher than a reference solution and 57ppm higher than my ICP test.
                  It is slowly coming down.

PE is good in all corals and colour is great in some acropora and a little plain in some others. Most are small 1-2 inch frags. Larger pieces look much better.

Comment

Everything looks good, can you post more pictures about corals

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E5A934FF-31F9-45AB-ACE9-5BF60CD21475.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	852.3 KB
ID:	595942Click image for larger version

Name:	CAD2A76B-D46E-4E4B-8534-6CAD868B1EC2.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	595943Click image for larger version

Name:	E19F8740-4C67-4EDC-BB81-A0475C1B944D.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	595944Click image for larger version

Name:	679FE1A1-BE19-4473-8A9B-49EBABA785C9.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	595946Click image for larger version

Name:	2A2CE9B5-3291-4290-B376-88CF4B36FE36.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	595947Click image for larger version

Name:	9D7B4EBC-185D-4A4B-A47C-4F8A12370658.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	595948 Attached
                      Attached Files

Comment

The efflo is colouring up around it’s growth base. And all others not photographed are beginning to colour up.

Comment

Thank you, from the picture, I personally feel (my taste) that algae and bad bacteria on rocks and sand are my first treatment goals

Stick to the following plan: (It takes a while and patience)

2 drops of Zeo Bac, 2-3 times a week
                          Zeo Start 0.23ml, x2, daily (morning and evening)
                          Zeo Sponge Power 2 drops every other day
                          Zeo CoralSnow 2.3ml every other day
                          4 drops of BioMate every other day
                          Zeo CV 4 drops, 2 times a week (optional)

Ensure that the ro / di water quality is very good, it is recommended to use resin material as the last channel of the filter, this is very good

Add some functional animals, such as snails, to help this process

Siphon the sand to remove more sediment

Clean the collection cup to remove more mud and adjust the skimmer to moisten it slightly

Salt + water, change 10% every week

Keep the basic water parameters as stable as possible (including potassium)

The picture gives me the feeling that the ZeoVit system has not really grown up

In any case, it is good to keep the above plan

Besides Zeo products, do you still give other products?

I suggest you get a higher level phosphate test package, which is good. (ELOS) I do n’t know much, maybe it ’s good?

If you can, I suggest you use zeolite material, a passive way, is a good choice

Comment

Thanks, i think i am doing most of this already so it sounds like more of the same for now. I would agree that targeting this first is best

2 drops of Zeo Bac, 2-3 times a week - i will increase current dosing to 2 drops from 1
                            Zeo Start 0.23ml, x2, daily (morning and evening) i will increase the dose to include an evening dose
                            Zeo Sponge Power 2 drops every other day - i will increase current dosing to 2 drops from 1
                            Zeo CoralSnow 2.3ml every other day - will add this at night
                            4 drops of BioMate every other day will increase the dose now
                            Zeo CV 4 drops, 2 times a week (optional) i will base this on the corals condition

Ensure that the ro / di water quality is very good, it is recommended to use resin material as the last channel of the filter, this is very good
                            RO is 0 TDS and free of all contaminants as per ICP test. I use 2x DI pods

Add some functional animals, such as snails, to help this process
                            i added 5 more trocus and turbo snails recently

Siphon the sand to remove more sediment
                            i will do more of this during water changes

Clean the collection cup to remove more mud and adjust the skimmer to moisten it slightly
                            ok

Salt + water, change 10% every week
                            i currently do 15% every week and 20% every 4th week

Keep the basic water parameters as stable as possible (including potassium)

Besides zeo products i only feed fish frozen 2x a day.

I now have a Hanna ULR phosphorus test kit. reading between 0 and 9 ppb (0.00 - 0.03 ppm)

I can afford zeo stones passively, how much do you recommend using

Comment

Regarding your system, the amount of zeolite is about 0.58 liters

I have no experience with frozen foods. Maybe feeding with pellets (commercial brands have a reputation) may be a good choice. We do n’t know the source of algae and bad bacteria. We can try to change it to see if it is reduced. Please also be sure to control the feeding and keep Zeo plan.

Comment

I have found a deal on a reactor so ordered a small pump and zeovit rocks to go with it.

They should be delivered in the up coming week.

I am quite nervous for the change over as currently the tank is going well and i have many acropora frags.

As started previously, i am very close to undetectable nutrient levels so a very careful soft change over would be preferred. Perhaps a quarter of the amount of stones?

Help

Comment

Working...
                                X