Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about KZ Additives - Full Zeo or not

Hi,

i have and still do have a keen interest in Zeovit. My question is, do i need the stones to run Zeovit if my parameters are good/acceptable.

I currently have AAHC, AALPS, Coral Vitalizer, Bio Mate but not used them. I do use Zeobak, Cyanoclean and sponge power.

I manage nutrients by Tropic Marins NP Bacto Balance which is a mild carbon source with added organic and inorganic phosphate and inorganic nitrate to prevent zeroing out levels. It also contains some cationic trace elements. My dosage is very small (0.3ml) and manages my nutrients quite well.

I would like to add in the additives i currently have but as i am happy with my nutrient levels it would be good to know how best to add them in.

Can zeolites be run in a bag passively to reduce effectiveness as i already have low levels and not necesserily keen on undetectable.

My main goal is to improve growth and eventually colouration, and incorporating the additives i have.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - 290 Litres
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - 230 litres
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique - Kalkwasser
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor - no, never have
    5. Are you using Ozone - no, never have
    6. Are you using UV - no, never have
    7. What skimmer are you using - Deltec 600i (rated for 200 litres -600 litres)
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels - Po4 0.024, no3 1)
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels - 7.5, 450, 1350
    10. What filtration method do you use - Filter socks and organic carbon (Tropic Marin NP Bacto Balance)
    11. Type of light - 8x39w ATI Sunpower Dimmable
    12. What corals do you keep - Acropora with some LPS (Goniopora, Lobophylia, Micromussa, Euphyllia)
    13. Tissue color - Mid,not light but not dark.
    14. How long has the tank been running - 10 months
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system - involved method, keep in tune with tank.
    16. Any supplemental dosing - Sponge Power (clear water, Tropic Marin A- and K+ trace elements, 0.02ml, Potassium (to maintain parameters), Zeobak and cyano clean (to clean some cyano and bacteria diversity)
    17. Live rock - started with dry rock (marco rock), roughly 15kg
    18. Any present problems - a little cyano on sand. Brown buildup on rocks over the course of the day. Small amount of algae
    19. Problem description - ony above. Corals are ooking well and encrusting
    20. What test kit do you use Salifert for all other than p04 (Elos)
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals zeobak 1 drop 2x a week,cyano clean 2 drops every other day, sponge power 1 drop 3x a week
    22. Other water parameters and water stability - 35ppt, 26.2 degrees C
    23. Which salt brand do you use - Tropic Marin Pro Reef

Zeolite and reactor, just like a wastewater treatment plant, Zeo Bac and Zeo Start are used in combination with zeolite materials to reduce nutrients in a balanced manner in changes in water chemistry. It can also maintain the balance of DOC, DON, and DOP, and maintain the stability and soundness of biology. It can be the food of coral, it can also be a natural decolorizer of coral, and it can be a waste that cannot be processed except Skimmer and activated carbon Function, many functions. Reactor flow rate and nutrient reduction are related to each other, it is recommended to match the reactor, this will be better.

Kalkwasser is not recommended for Zeo systems. If you consider using a complete Zeo system, you should look for other alternatives, such as calcium reactors

Consider point 18. At this time, the addition of trace elements should be reduced, or temporarily stopped, otherwise it is only nourishing (cationic elements, I do n’t know what, just an idea)

If you can, get Zeo Coral Snow

Since we already have some Zeo products, we can adjust the dosage slightly before obtaining ZeoVit materials and reactors

Get Zeo Start products

2drops of Zeo Bac, 2-3 times a week

Zeo Sponge Power 2 drops every other day

BioMate can be used, 4 drops, every other day

If you consider using the full Zeo system, there is an additional system conversion method. Before that, I feel that such a dose can be given without being affected by the conversion system

Listen to what G. Alexander suggested

Comment

Basically you can use the korallenzucht products with or without the complete system. Most of the “components” work best in a nutrient poor environment. Here you can find a good overview of the products:

https://cms.korallen-zucht.de/files/...efing_engl.pdf

If you like to get a dosing recommendation please tell us which products you like to use.

The CoralSystem might be a good alternative:

https://www.korallen-zucht.de/en/Sal.../Coral-System/

G.Alexander

Comment

Hi,

iwould like to use cyano clean (to remedy my small bit of cyano), zeobak, bio mate and sponge power. I took delivery of Coral snow as well today so would like to use this too.

I have stopped carbon dosing and trace elements until the cyano reduces and the rocks clear up from the mulm.

I am happy to wait for using the coral foods (AAHC, AA LPS and CV) until the cyano is cleared and my nutrients have balanced out.
        It woud also be good to know what must be kept in the fridge and which is ok in my cupbourd.

Comment

Zeo Bac, BioMate, Coral Vitalizer, it is recommended to store the product in the temperature range of + 4 degrees Celsius to + 20 degrees Celsius, which should be + 39.2 degrees Fahrenheit to + 68 degrees Celsius.

Comment

For the treatment of cyano, some people tried Zeo CoralSnow + Zeo Bac mixture to get an improvement, dosage: CoralSnow 4.6ml + Zeo Bac 2 drops x 10 days. If you can, after giving the dose, temporarily turn off the skimmer for 2hr, then turn on the skimmer and adjust the wetness of the collection cup to make it more outlet. The sand is evacuated and the water is changed 5 to 10% every week. Make sure the Ro / di device is good, tds = 0

Comment

You can also consider using Zeo activated carbon in Zeo basic products, which can help and improve the cleanliness of water quality and cyano and organic dissolved substances. Usage: in sump, use net bag, passive flight, 30 days replace. Zeo activated carbon quantity: about 0.2 liters

Comment

Jackies treatment for cyanos is what I would recommend you also, dose the mixture once daily.

If the cyanos have gone completely you can dose the other products as follows:

SpongePower – 2 drops every other day
                ZeoBac - – 2 drops 2 – 3 x weekly
                AAHC – 2 drops 2 - 3 x weekly
                AA LPS – 2 ml 2 – 3 x weekly
                CV – 4 drops 2 – 3 x weekly

G.Alexander

Comment

Than you both for your help. I have been dosing coral snow with zeobak and coral snow with cyanoclean every 2 days. So monday CS and zeopbak, wednesday coral snow and cyano clean and so on.

Can i switch to every day now?
                  Is it best to do this in the morning before lights on or in the evening at lights out?
                  Is it better to use zeobak or cyano clean, or perhaps both?

Comment

Yes, it looks good. If possible, the mixture allows them to fuse all at once, and waits for 5 minutes. It can be implemented before turning on the lights or after turning off the lights at night. Both can be used, and the two are used alternately every other day. But don't mix the two

Comment

Lets dose daily mixing Bac and CyanoClean in the same CoralSnow dosage. You can dose the mixture whenever you like to, from my experience it does not make a difference.

G.Alexander

Comment

Great, i will start dosing every day now, one day with zeobak and one day with cyano clean.

I prefer to do before the lights are on as it is easiest for me.

We will see how things go at the end of the week.

Comment

I have stopped using my current carbon source and will switch to start shortly.

Can i I ask why kalkwasser is not recommended?

What is the purpose of biomate?

can I run the stones in a bag until I can save enough for a reactor? My nitrate and phosphate are already 0/0.02

Comment

I have performed a number of water tests and nitrate is now 1 and phosphate is zero ppb on the Hanna phosphorus Ulr.
                            corals look well with good extension at night and growth.

I am not dosing any zeostart or other carbon source at the moment, just skimming and bak/biomate.

what would be the best next steps?

Comment

Originally posted by Reefdom View Post
                              I have stopped using my current carbon source and will switch to start shortly.

Can i I ask why kalkwasser is not recommended?

What is the purpose of biomate?

can I run the stones in a bag until I can save enough for a reactor? My nitrate and phosphate are already 0/0.02
                              The recommendation not to use kalkwasser is more a general advise and has not anything special to do with the ZeoVit system:

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...796#post274796

BioMate is a additional bacteria / microorganism product which does process nutrients and sediments. You can use it later if you like to, 2 drops / 25 US gallons 2 x weekly usually works well.

Because of your question to the reactor please see the other thread where I have posted my answer.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                              X