Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZeoVit additives without media and with refugium

hello, all my very first post here.
    I hate asking questions that have been asked a million times but I am sure this community is very caring :-)

i am very new to the zeovit world and would like to use the additives (color, nutrition, and problem lovers) without the media, carbon etc.
    i also would like to keep my cheato refuge running.

I have a 100G mixed reef tank with small SPS frags I would like to grow.
    my pos is about .03.-07 nitrates about 10
    stable cal,mag and alk.
    please let me know if this option is possible if I want to get the growth, polyp extension and colors with just the additives or if there are similar existing talks on this, please point me in the right direction.
    thanks!

Welcome to ZeoVit.com !

Basically all the products can be used without the media also. Most just work the best in nutrient poor systems especially the coloration elements.

Korallenzucht has published a good overview for their products over here:

https://cms.korallen-zucht.de/files/...efing_engl.pdf

Please tell us which products you plan to use so we can give you a dosing recommendation if you like to for them. Some pictures hosing your corals might be help therefore additional.

G.Alexander

Comment

ok i am interested in the following
      1) Flatworm stop - I don't have flatworms but I am told it help the structure of my SPS
      2) pohls extra
      3) lps amino
      4) coral booster
      5) amino acid - I am told that is this is different from lps amino is that true?
      6) coral vitalizer
      7) sponge power- I am told this might cause aptaisa to grow ( I had a few but I ave not seen any work weeks)

please make any recommendation you can provide.

Comment

Can you provide additional information, 1: What is the NP level (what test kit is used) 2: Does the coral have signs of polyp expansion and growth 3: What is the net water volume?

Comment

If corals are growing well the following dosage would be a good start:

1) Flatworm stop – 4 ml / 1 – 2 x weekly
          2) pohls extra – 4 ml / 2 x weekly
          3) lps amino – 4 ml / 1 – 2 x weekly
          4) coral booster - 4 ml / 2 x weekly
          5) amino acid – 2 – 3 ml / 2 x weekly
          6) coral vitalizer – 8 drops / 2 x weekly
          7) sponge power- 4 drops every other day

G.Alexander

Comment

G. The 3rd and 5th options, [ml], maybe the input on the keyboard is fast, maybe the unit is "drop"?

Comment

Thank you Jacky for pointing it out, it was a typo:

5) amino acid – 2 – 3 drops / 2 x weekly

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post
                Can you provide additional information, 1: What is the NP level (what test kit is used) 2: Does the coral have signs of polyp expansion and growth 3: What is the net water volume?
                Hi, i don't have a good polyp extension on my SPS at all, and the growth rate is very slow, and they have lost color over time most of them i got since October 2019. what is also strange is i don't have very good coraline alge growth too

1)ok I use the Hanna checker for P about 0.04 - 0.08 ppm.
                2) I use the Nyos for N and I get between 3-5ppm.
                3) my tank is about 100G in total. (48x22x22.6) running 2 years now.
                4) i am running a skimmer,
                5)a small chateo refugium,
                6) i run carbon and some time GFO for 1 week a month.
                7) I run 2 gen4 radion led lights - 12 hours on modified AB+ ( longer blue times)

Comment

Gfo I have no experience in using it. In using it, the reduction of nutrients must be carried out slowly, otherwise the pressure of the extra coral will be increased. What is the brand of activated carbon? Some activated carbon brand materials or use methods are too radical, which may inhibit the growth of corals. If you can, it is recommended to use Zeo brand activated carbon, which is a good choice. For personal taste, NP level can be low, NP = cannot be measured, coral performance is better, keep # 7 plan (the project includes the function of reducing nutrients), if you can, get BioMate, every other day 8 drops, which is also very good. If you can, also get Zeo Coral Snow products, which may be a subsequent dose plan. Make sure to change the water every week 5 ~ 10% to stimulate coral growth and refresh the elements, which is very good

Comment

I use BRS ROX 0.8 carbon
                    can you tell me which additives best get SMS coral extraction and encrusting/growth in SPS corals?

Comment

I have no experience with this brand of carbon. Certain activated carbons do inhibit coral growth. Coral growth: low-nutrition water quality and balance parameters, these two conditions are met and kept as stable as possible, which is a good additive

Comment

Because of the decreased polyp expansion and the slow growth you might also check the K+ (potassium) level of your system, it should be ~ 380mg. Aggressive carbon can also be the reason, not sure about the brand you use but it might be worth to try korallenzuchts carbon temporary.

G.Alexander

Comment

I also stood with G. Alexander, sorry I forgot this possibility. If the potassium level is less than 380 mg, do n’t forget to increase potassium slowly, this is good. The activated carbon part is uncertain, but it is also recommended that you try to eliminate this possibility (replace the Zeo brand's activity). If you have a chance, after obtaining Zeo brand activated carbon, before using it again, let us change the water a few times to refresh the elements, which is very good

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
                            Thank you Jacky for pointing it out, it was a typo:

5) amino acid – 2 – 3 drops / 2 x weekly

G.Alexander
                            thanks for the dosing tips. what if my tank has slow growth and low coloration, should I increase dosing?

Comment

Nutrients are not really low in your system so I would not expect that you can improve things with a higher dosage. If you like to you can try to dose Xtra and CoralBooster 3 – 4 x weekly instead of 2 x weekly for some time.

What I would first try is some more water changes. Lets change 15 - 20% 3 x each time in the next 10 days with a balanced salt mix.

Some pictures of your corals would be helpful also.

Please also keep in mind that it will take some time after you stared dosing before you notice changes in the corals (~ 2 - 3 weeks)

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                              X