• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reefer 425 xl

Hi all after a long break im back to zeovit
    New tank new challenges
    Tank been set up like over 2 months ago with 14 days cycle
    Dead rock stax from two little fishies

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - around 425l
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - 400l
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique have calcium reactor here bot not in use yet
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) no
    5. Are you using Ozone none
    6. Are you using UV none
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) by=ubble magus curve 9
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels po4 - 0.2 no3 -50
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels kh 8.7 ca 440 mg 1340
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)zeovit filter
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) illumagic blaze 120 (300w led)
    12. What corals do you keep none at the moment
    13. Tissue color (light or dark) na
    14. How long has the tank been running over 2 months
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system run my tank
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) zeoback 4 drops zeostart 0.8ml
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) al fresh dead rock
    18. Any present problems looking to lower my po4 and no3
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) 4 drops zeo back 0.8 ml of start
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) salinity 35 temp 24.6 k constant 8.7
    23. Which salt brand do you use red sea blue

Just to want ask everybody opinion should i worry or just let the tank run as it is
    There is only 7 small fish in the system at the moment
    My concern is po4 and no3 would not move I have 1l of stones with correct flow
    Any advice would be great
    Thanks

The nutrition level looks so high. 1: Does the raw water part use ro / di device? 2: What brand of activated carbon 3: What kind of instrument is a phosphate test kit? 4: al fresh dead stone, I don't know much about it, do you have any more explanation about it? 5: Do you use sand? 6: What methods does kh and Ca use to improve 7: Has the nutrition level been like this since the initial establishment of tank

Use a small container and collect the outlet of the zeolite reactor for 30 seconds at a volume of 120, so that you can get an hourly flow rate, which is 400 liters per hour.

Comment

1: Does the raw water part use ro / di device? 0 tds i have 5 stage ro unit with extra 2 stage of di
      2: What brand of activated carbon carbon is red sea brand prepared in hot water 24 h before adding to the tank
      3: What kind of instrument is a phosphate test kit? hanna phosphorus 736
      4: al fresh dead stone, I don't know much about it, do you have any more explanation about it? it is dry rock with no to minimal organic matter to it
      5: Do you use sand? no sand
      6: What methods does kh and Ca use to improve nothing at the moment no corals i have my kh guardian checking my kh and adding kh solution if needed
      7: Has the nutrition level been like this since the initial establishment of tank been lower than went up again dropped to current levels and wont move no matter what i do

Use a small container and collect the outlet of the zeolite reactor for 30 seconds at a volume of 120, so that you can get an hourly flow rate, which is 400 liters per hour. flow is spot on test that already

Comment

Excuse me, is the system the initial Zeo system?

PO4 = 0.2 level, do you have your own opinion? Will it be fed a lot? (fish)

Comment

Welcome back.

I would recommend to continue as planned, as long as nutrients are elevated lets replace the ZeoVit material every 4 weeks, also measure the flow through your reactor by collecting the water from the outlet with a small container for 30 seconds. If you multiply this volume by 120 you will get the exact output per hour, in your case it should be ~ 400 liters per hour.

Your dosing regimen is basically fine, if you like to you can additional dose 4 drops SpongePower daily and 8 drops BioMate every other day for some time, might be helpful with PO4 and NO3.

You can also place some fresh carbon in some RO water for a couple of hours. Than measure the PO4 level of the water to see of the carbon does leach PO4, I have no experience with this brand.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
          X