No announcement yet.

I'm back and trying out zeovit after a past failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Algae looks like a cyano or dino type. It gets small bubbles in it and is slimmy. But my last coral snow dosage you recommended took care of it right away.

Comment

If you find those signs, you should reduce the dose, or temporarily stop adding nutrients and trace elements products, otherwise nourish. Or maybe you can see from the appearance of the coral that the coral seems to be dark?

What is the level of N and P?
      Do corals show polyp growth?
      How is Zeo basic product dosage (Zeo Bac, start, sp) applied?
      Is the zeolite material and reactor continuous flow level correct?

What are the basic water parameter levels? Including potassium, are they stable?

Basically, if everything is fine, the coral appearance should gradually become lighter, with signs of polyp growth, but in the inline and stable state of the basic water parameters, the appearance of the coral is no problem.

Comment

Testing soon for water parameters and will post. Everything is growing and encrusting. Just lost some blue color in certain acro's and my reds in a few became super pale, beyond the pale rosey red color zeovit changes too.

Comment

As G. said in #60, check the level. Including salinity, Kh Ca Mg content, to keep it inline with appropriate NSW recommended level, and the reactor's actual flow rate.

When was the last time the water was changed?

What is the actual continuous flow rate of the reactor?

What is the activated carbon brand? (Do you use a reactor?)

According to my actual experience, even if the daily CoralSnow dose or the treatment of algae problems (x2~3 doses), the coral color will not be pale. On the contrary, the coral color should become brighter (if everything is fine). On the contrary, after giving nutrition/coloring products, the color increase is more prominent
          Last edited by jacky; 06-26-2020, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Alk 7.9dkh
            mag 1290
            Cal 370
            No3 greater than 5, less than 10
            Po4 .03
            Potassium 390

I dose my Bak, start, sp right into the display. My flow is right on 135 gallons an hour through the zeo reactor continuous flow, I doubled checked this yesterday.

Salinity is 1.025. I run an automatic water change of 3 gallons a day through my Neptune Apex DOS. My carbon is KZ and in a mesh bag in my sump, massaged daily.

Comment

You might try to dose a iodine supplement additional like Potassium Iodine Fluoride @ 2 drops every other day for one week to improve blue but keep in mind that iodine does also increase the growth of cyanos if they are present.

G.Alexander

Comment

Maybe I'll stay away from potassium iodine fluoride. See if increasing the coral system helps after a few weeks.

Comment

I picked up some acro glow, and amino acid concentrate, I think in two weeks in going to incorporate these into my dosing regimen. Should I follow what's on the bottle for directions or use less?

Comment

Low nutritional level (PO4=0) is stable/no algae problem/no bad trace problem/no cyano problem, or you can control their growth, you can try to add in 1/2 dose

Also keep in mind that corals have low malnutrition water quality and are close to NSW water parameter levels, and coral health performance is good. Nutritional/coloring products that give corals better color and growth.

It's hard to say all the conditions, the appearance of coral is a good indicator of discrimination

Low malnutrition is good, bacteria mature, biologically stable, etc. Push the basic foundation upwards, which may be good, otherwise it will just repeat the treatment again and again

Comment

I would recommend to start dosing both just 2 x weekly first, you might increase the dosage later depending to the corals and their coloration / growth.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                      X