Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering ZEOvit for Low Nutrients

Hi all,

I’m in the process of setting up a 75L RedSea Max Nano. But, I have a man made rock in it that I’d really like to use, but it is leaching phosphate. My levels have been through the roof. I brought them down using Agent Green by ATM, but I want a more stable way of keeping them down. I also have elicited nitrate for some reason.

I don’t have much sump space at all, have nowhere to put a sump and down want a hang on refugium. I’d considered an external algae reactor secondhand, like an ALR1 but can’t really afford it and space isn’t convenient.

do you think zeovit would be an appropriate way for me to tackle my nutrients problems? I can’t put it in a media reactor but was considering a media bag in a high flow area of the sump, and shaking it once a day.

I also would consider using the slow release supplements rather than dosing every day.

Cab anyone please give me any advice on what’s best and what you recommend, as to if I should even go zeovit at all.

I feel that in the absence of animals in tank, immerse dry rocks in ro / di water and change the water several times until the phosphate is zero. I also suggest you use some good live rock, this is good

Yes, but it is recommended to use a reactor. You can also diy a small zeolite reactor, which is also good.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Jacky.

My system has been set up, but empty for over a month. Do I have a bacteria population living in there? I’ve considered soaking in RO just don’t want to kill any bacteria. I don’t have feel I have space for live rock as well as my dry rock? I’ve also read a lot about pests getting into my system if I use live rock. Something I’m desperate to avoid.

Ah, okay. How do I DIY a reactor? I don’t particularly have anywhere to put it either?

Thanks Jacky.

Comment

I would recommend you to first get nutrient under control, ZeoVit can support this process but it will not really fix the problem while this stage.

If the rocks do leach nutrients, you can never be sure if it does leach anything else (harmful substances) so you might thing about replacing the material ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Thanks G,

Okay - really I’m asking how I get it under control, and if ZEOvit will do that? Thinking g of bring phosphate down with Agent green, doing a 80/100% water change and then putting the system in and seeing if it’s stable?

Comment

On the Zeovit.com site, there is a lot of reference materials in the zeolite reactor area. I also ask G. Alexander to provide you with link information. If I were you, for the current situation, I would start again, give up this method, use high quality live rock, this may avoid some unnecessary problems. As for the pest problem, it is really difficult for us to avoid 100%

Comment

Okay thanks for responses. If I go for this, do I zeovit the system before or after I add fish? Does the system need fish in it for the bacteria to survive?

Thanks.

Comment

Fish are not necessary for the start, you can add them later once the system runs stabile.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by Fsh View Post
                  Thanks for your reply Jacky.

My system has been set up, but empty for over a month. Do I have a bacteria population living in there? I’ve considered soaking in RO just don’t want to kill any bacteria. I don’t have feel I have space for live rock as well as my dry rock? I’ve also read a lot about pests getting into my system if I use live rock. Something I’m desperate to avoid.

Ah, okay. How do I DIY a reactor? I don’t particularly have anywhere to put it either?

Thanks Jacky.
                  https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/equip...iy-zeo-reactor

Maybe you can search for a suitable method in this zeolite reaction area

Comment

Working...
                  X