Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

zeostart 3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • zeostart 3

    to use zeostar3 with a dispenser is 190ml of rodi water per 10 ml of zeostart 3. Can I use 950 ml of rodi water per 50 ml of zeostart 3?
    thanks

  • #2
    The product can be diluted with RO water, you can find some information to it over here:

    https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...429#post408429

    G.Alexander

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
      The product can be diluted with RO water, you can find some information to it over here:

      https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...429#post408429

      G.Alexander
      Thanks Alexander, my aquarium is 300 liters and it is over 4 years old, I want to start with the zeovit method, now it started with zeolites, more than 3 months ago, zeobak, sponge power and zeostart3. Start adding 1ml within a week I will go up to 2ml of diluted zeostart 3, until I reach the recommended 5ml. My question is Should I stop earlier if I get the desired nitrates and phosphates? Could I raise that 5ml dose if my nutrients are still high? Thank you

      Comment


      • #4
        Can you please post some more details about your system:

        https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...bout-your-tank

        G.Alexander

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
          Can you please post some more details about your system:

          https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...bout-your-tank

          G.Alexander
          1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter 250 iter
          2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter 30p
          3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique bslling
          4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) not now
          5. Are you using Ozone no
          6. Are you using UV occasionally
          7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) vertex 200
          8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels no3 5 po4 0.05
          9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels Ca 400 mg 1350 kh 7
          10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) refuge
          11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) t5 320w
          12. What corals do you keep sps and zoa
          13. Tissue color (light or dark)
          14. How long has the tank been running 4 years
          15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system color enhanced
          16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) not now
          17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) 30kg 4 year
          18. Any present problems little ciano and little green algae
          19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) not now
          20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) salifert and hanna
          21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
          Zeobak 3 drops 3 times a week
          Sponge power 3 drops 3 times a week
          Zeostart 2ml daily
          22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) 25 and 1027
          23. Which salt brand do you use
          Fauna Marín
          Last edited by juannnn; 03-22-2020, 05:31 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thank you for the additional details, some changes I would recommend:

            ZeoBac – 3 drops 2 x weekly
            ZeoStart – 0.25 ml 2 x daily (morning / evening) - not diluted
            SpongePower – 3 drops 2 – 3 x weekly

            Run 0.55 liters ZeoVit with a constant water flow of ~225 liters per hour through the reactor. Additional run 0.2 liters activated carbon passively flown (replaced every 4 weeks).

            You can additional adjust your skimmer to skim more wet, cleaning it daily to export as much as possible. Vacuum the sand regular while the water changes to remove the sediments from the deeper sand layers can be helpful also.

            If you like to you can also dose 5 drops BioMate every other day for some time.

            The dosing recommendation is based on a net water volume of 225 liters.

            G.Alexander

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
              Thank you for the additional details, some changes I would recommend:

              ZeoBac – 3 drops 2 x weekly
              ZeoStart – 0.25 ml 2 x daily (morning / evening) - not diluted
              SpongePower – 3 drops 2 – 3 x weekly

              Run 0.55 liters ZeoVit with a constant water flow of ~225 liters per hour through the reactor. Additional run 0.2 liters activated carbon passively flown (replaced every 4 weeks).

              You can additional adjust your skimmer to skim more wet, cleaning it daily to export as much as possible. Vacuum the sand regular while the water changes to remove the sediments from the deeper sand layers can be helpful also.

              If you like to you can also dose 5 drops BioMate every other day for some time.

              The dosing recommendation is based on a net water volume of 225 liters.

              G.Alexander

              thanks alexander I will lower the dose twice a week of zeobak, is it a good idea to put it together with sponge power? I say this because I stop the skimmer for a couple of hours I am using the zeolite in a reactor without movement, the carbon also I will add biomate to my routine. Should I use some food for my acroporas or is it better to wait a while to see how they evolve? The zeostart3 I have diluted it in 1 liter of water to put the 10ml recommended daily, is there any difference of using it undiluted? is better? Do you recommend that you put it undiluted? thanks

              Comment


              • #8
                You can dose SpongePower and ZeoBac at the same time but I would not recommend to mix both before the dosage.

                You can dilute ZeoBac it does not make a difference just the dosing quantity needs to be calculated depending to the dilution ratio.

                It is also important to clean the ZeoVit material by moving it twice a day, my recommendation is to get a reactor which allows you to clean the material daily. Here you can also find some ideas for DIY reactors:

                https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/equip...iy-zeo-reactor

                As long as your corals do not show lighter tissue because of the nutrient reduction I would not feed them additional.

                G.Alexander

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hello Juannnn, G. means that you can dilute Zeo Start, not Zeo Bac. Maybe just a typo on the keyboard

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
                    You can dose SpongePower and ZeoBac at the same time but I would not recommend to mix both before the dosage.

                    You can dilute ZeoBac it does not make a difference just the dosing quantity needs to be calculated depending to the dilution ratio.

                    It is also important to clean the ZeoVit material by moving it twice a day, my recommendation is to get a reactor which allows you to clean the material daily. Here you can also find some ideas for DIY reactors:

                    https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/equip...iy-zeo-reactor

                    As long as your corals do not show lighter tissue because of the nutrient reduction I would not feed them additional.

                    G.Alexander

                    ok I will try to move the zeolites, in the next change look for a reactor to do it.
                    After a while I will inform you of my results.
                    Thanks again




                    Originally posted by jacky View Post
                    Hello Juannnn, G. means that you can dilute Zeo Start, not Zeo Bac. Maybe just a typo on the keyboard
                    thanks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Currently my phosphates are 0.03 and nitrates 1, I am going to order the tubes (t5) and I wanted to know what you recommend to go one step further in the zeovit system, because I do not think it will take long to have my nutrients lower. Now I continue with zeobak, zeostart, sponge power and biomate.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It all depends to the corals, are they doing fine or are there any kind of issues ? What about growth and polyp expansion ?

                        If all is fine I would recommend you to start continue using the basic products until corals tissue starts to get lighter.

                        G.Alexander

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I see the corals well, some of them are brown but they were there before starting with zeovit. I still don't move the zeolites, later buy an automatic reactor or make one. I am afraid not to feed the acroporas and that some suffer loss of tissue (stn). Is that when I have to start feeding? I have always used food for the coral so I don't know when is the ideal time to use it. I feed the fish 2 times with frozen food and once with scales.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Moving, cleaning the material is important, it might make sure to do this manually once daily before your get your automatic reactor. If corals do not get to light or decrease their growth no additional coral food is necessary at the moment. If you like to you can dose 1 drop CoralVitalizer / 100 liters 2 – 3 x weekly.

                            G.Alexander

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I will continue without feeding the corals as you have indicated, during this month I have noticed a great improvement in the aquarium. During the zeolite change, is it advisable to leave 10%? Or is it better to change them all?
                              About carbon, is it better in reactor or flown?
                              Last edited by juannnn; 04-28-2020, 07:12 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X