Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dosing on 20G Nano....many thanks

Hello to All,

Used to be an old zeohead until we moved and the SPS tank got sold.

The new nano (6-7 months old) is up and running but my nutrient levels have a lot to be desired for.

Tank details are as below. Could I have a dosing recomendations for the below, many thanks.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) 100L
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) 80L (20G)
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique NO SINCE NANO
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) NO
    5. Are you using Ozone NO
    6. Are you using UV NO
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) DELTEC MCE600 – rated 125G
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels PO4 unsure but would imagine high, waiting on a new test kit. NO3 around 25PPM
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels CA 430 PPM / ALK 8 DKH / MG UNKNOWN – AWAITING ON NEW TEST KIT
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) LIVE ROCK AND SSB
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) 1 x 70W 14K Astralux globe and 1 x 150W Ushio 10K – Age approx 3 months old
    12. What corals do you keep – Mixed, LPS, Softies, Xenia, morphs, zoos, Clams. Nil SPS but will add some once I get my nutrients down.
    13. Tissue color (light or dark) – Clams mantles have darkened up since adding
    14. How long has the tank been running – 6-7 Months
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system – To reduce nutrient levels to those close to natural levels. Want to keep colourful SPS in my tank and not nasty brown pieces.
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.). I dose seachem reef Buffer to raise PH / ALK levels and Seachem Reef Complete that raises Calcium and maintains Strontium and MG levels.
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) – Approx 15-20KG (33-44 LB’s)
    18. Any present problems – Well my tank hit 32.9 deg on Tuesday when my cooling fan failed on the hottest day this summer (Australia)…. Typical. Sorted now, tank sitting at 26.5 deg cel. Impact so far was a few soft corals died and one clam does not look to happy, so time will tell what the extent of the damage will be.
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)..NIL
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) Salifert…KH, Nitrate, CA. Waiting on Salifert PO4 and MG to arrive.
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) I have the gear to start but want advise on dosing. Will be buying a small Phosban reactor to run the zeovit in. Will push 50L an hour though it (12.5G) as the amount of rock to be used would be minimal I expect.
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)….salinity 1.0245 – 1.025 (steady). Temp now runs 26 Deg to 28 Deg depending on the ambient temp.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
    Che

Che, welcome back

Just start with the basics products to decrease nutrients:

1. Place 0.2 liter zeovit in a reactor. Water flow around 16 gallons per hour. Connect the reactor pump with a timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.1 liter carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 1 drop ZeoBac & ZeoFood7 daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 1 drop. Dose 0.1 ml ZeoStar2 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

4. The additional dosage of some food source for the corals works fine. I would recommend to dose 1 drop Amino Acid High Concentrate & 2 drops Pohls Coral Vitalizer daily directly in the tank.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
    X