LFS in Baltimore area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LFS in Baltimore area?

I am heading up to the Baltimore Aquarium this weekend and thought it might be cool to check out some recommened LFS's in the area. Any suggestions. I do need to check the map and see how far Dr Mac is from Baltimore - ever since he opened up the new store, I have been wanting to take a trip out that way.
    --Matt

Matt it's a trek to Dr. Macs from Baltimore but might be worth it depending on how much time you have. Call though if you plan to go any day but Saturday since that is really the only day they are officially open. They are good about letting you in other days though.

I only frequent a few stores so I can't give a good run down. Most notably though is Exotic Aquatics.

I would try posting your question on the Chesapeake Marine Aquaria Society forum.

John

Comment

Thanks for the links John. I asked Dr Mac about his location - he said about 2 hours - just a bit much for this weekend, so I will have to put that stop off for another time. I have heard of Exotic Aquatics - will have to check them out.

Thanks!
      --Matt

Comment

Matt,
        Exotic Aquatics is very worth the trip. Awesome display tank in the front of the store. Great selection of corals, inverts and HEALTHY fish.

Comment

Alright so the plan is to head to Exotic Aquatics - can anyone tell me approximately how far the store is from the inner harbor?
          --Matt

Comment

About 12 miles. 95 N from Inner Harbor to 695 West. Exit Perring Parkway

Comment

great thanks!
              --Matt

Comment

Ya, Exotic Aquatics is hand down the best lfs in the area, you will be happy you stopped in!

Comment

yeah, ok, I found my new LFS - I have never, ever seen a selection of sps and other corals like that before (MACNA doesn't count). Definitely worth the trip! Thanks to everyone for the recommendation. Now, you all owe me $300 - paypal is [email protected]

Dana now wants a larger seahorse tank and has a sudden interest in Acans - guess I need to start reading up on those things and getting a hold of Will.
                  --Matt

Comment

Working...
                  X