TANK UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TANK UPDATE

After 10 weeks into Zeovit i finally get my tank at the low nutrient level. I also see my SPS slowly get back their natural color even after the rock crashing down couple days ago. I dosed 4ml of Zeospur 2 yesterday to test out my corals and notice a little coloration in all my SPS. This is what i have after testing the water 3 times in 8 days

Salinity 1.025
    Ca 390
    Mg 1290
    Kh 7.5
    NO3 undetectable
    I have not test my PO4 yet
    What do y'all think about my parameter? Please any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve
    I'm a quiter..... But i'm back now....

Personally I would work on getting the Ca up to around 420. How are you maintaing CA and Alk? two part? Ca Reactor? Other than that, looks good. The fact that the Spur2 had a marked effect on the SPS is a good indication that the nutrients are coming down. As far as testing the P04, don't waste your money on a test kit other than the merck/hach. As the Salifert and any of the lesser kits will not give an accurate reading below .1 IMO. If I had to guess, based on the fact that the Spur2 showed improvement, your P04 is going to be <.04 again JMO.

Marshal
    265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

Here is some interesting reading on CA and Alk
      http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/nov2002/chem.htm
      http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/20...ture/index.php
      http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-12/rhf/index.php
      265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

Steve, what is the total water volume in your system? We can relate the 4ml of Spur better if we know the total vol. Cheers
        Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Steve, I do not think the Ca at 390 is bad with your dKH at 7.5.. Natural reefs run 380-450 Ca with an ave alk of 2.8 megL or 7.84 dKH. You can divide 7.84 by 2.8 and you have an alk of 2.68 roughly.. So with your alk testing a bit lower then 7.84 you have a pretty good balance because your dKH is on a lower level. Farish, I know Steves tank is a 150 and he is using a sump so I think after talking with Steve a lot over the last few weeks helping him get things in line he has roughly 150 net gallons...

Jeff

Comment

My tank is 150gals with 100gals sump. 250lbs lives rock. reeftek Ca reactor.

Comment

IMHO, 4ml of Spur2 to produce a coloration effect in a 150G net seems to indicate that the nutrient levels are indeed on the way down but there is still some ways to go. 150G should only require max about 2-3ml of Spur2 for max coloration to indicate that nutrient levels are very low.

Steve, maybe you should get or borrow a hanna po4 meter to confirm your po4 levels accurately. Cheers!
              Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

I will purchase the Hanna PO4 test kit soon after i finish my sump.

Comment

Working...
                X