ZEO OK w/ anenomes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZEO OK w/ anenomes?

i figured i would ask since i didn't see any anenomes in gallery. anyone keep anenomes while using zeo? i guess it shouldn't affect them at all...
    - i've had a beautiful 7" RBTA for about 2 weeks now. always just had sps w/ a few lps, but when i seen this RBTA i had to get it. it has quickly become favorite thing in tank, even though it swallowed my 2yr old royal gramma
    92 corner SPS BB, 2X250W Phoenix 14K/PFO dual HQI ballast, 2X95W URI actinic VHO/Ice-Cap 430, Euro-reef CS6-2, Iwaki 30RXT return, 4XTUNZE 6000 on MC,22g sump,135lb Fiji branch/Marshall Is. LR/ tank up 4/16/03

invincible has an anem....in any case, they shouldnt be affected, unless they like dirty water

Comment

Originally posted by Detritivore
      invincible has an anem....in any case, they shouldnt be affected, unless they like dirty water

Mine is doing fine and dandy with Prodibio instead of zeo basic 4 (same ultra low no3 and PO4 results ) plus Zeo CV,PIF and start2. Infact since dosing zeostart 2 it loooks even perkier - not sure what the explination for that is....?

The only issue is that the tomato clowns have settled into a green BTA that has placed itself in a hrd to see spot

Comment

I'm using normal zeovit system, the anemone is fine.
        Although in my early zeovit days I accidentally overdosed for a time & brought nutrients down to such a low level the sps were struggling, and so did th anemone. However when I got a Hanna phosphate meter I was able to run nutrients at the correct level, and both sps and anemone are doing fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Detritivore
          thats right.. i have had it for a couple of yrs now with no problems. they act as normal as it did before zeovit.

Comment

that's what i thought, just wanted to ask.
            u guys w/ the anenomes, i have 6 MJ1200's now and want to add a tunze stream(1850gph). my anenome has settled in perfect spot, do u think this extra flow would make him move? i will have a controller w/ it and start slow. it will be on oppsite side of tank blowing towards it but bouncing off LR and corals first.
            Dennis
            92 corner SPS BB, 2X250W Phoenix 14K/PFO dual HQI ballast, 2X95W URI actinic VHO/Ice-Cap 430, Euro-reef CS6-2, Iwaki 30RXT return, 4XTUNZE 6000 on MC,22g sump,135lb Fiji branch/Marshall Is. LR/ tank up 4/16/03

Comment

mine is fine too no problems
              Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Originally posted by DMK
                u guys w/ the anenomes, i have 6 MJ1200's now and want to add a tunze stream(1850gph). my anenome has settled in perfect spot, do u think this extra flow would make him move? i will have a controller w/ it and start slow. it will be on oppsite side of tank blowing towards it but bouncing off LR and corals first.
                Dennis
                will this tunze most likely cause the RBTA to move?

Comment

Originally posted by DMK
                  will this tunze most likely cause the RBTA to move?
                  definitely! try and put it in a low flow area.

Comment

put the stream in a low flow area? or the RBTA? u still think the RBTA will move even if the stream is on opposite side of tank blowing kinda towards it, but in front of it, after bouncing off LR, huge 18" montipora and glass first? it would really annoy me if the anenome moved. what turnover rate is recommended for a zeovit system anyway. right now i'm at about 30-35X, if i get the stream i'll be alittle over 50X turnover. with the controller can these streams be started very slow, so i can gradually increase flow, decreasing the chance of the RBTA moving?

Comment

My RBTA is 25cms from one Stream 9100 pulsing 30-100%, although the output of the stream is pointed towards the front glass so the RBTA would be at approx 45 degrees to the left of the stream. They are at the same height. The tenticles are visably moving in the current.

He hasnt moved at all and is surrounded on all sides by SPS. I feed him well and he has his foot in a perfect hole in some LR- so I guess there is little incentive to move.

Occassionally I simulate a storm to lift out pockets of detritus and the RTBA stays put.

Comment

My Rose decided to go on the move recently. He ended up sucked into the Tunze, I've had him for 5 years with no problems with Tunze or powerheads. I got him out of the Tunze, he has a major rip in his foot and some damaged tenticals. I put him far away form the Tunze and he has recovered quite nicely thus far. I hope he stays put. BTW, Zeo is no problem for my RBTA

Comment

Working...
                        X