What Brand to buy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Brand to buy...

After reading all of these post, I am realizing that a P04 probe of some sort is a must to be consistent with a start and progression log that I am going to keep.

Anyone have any recomendations on one that has ease of use and accuracy? Cost is a "slight" factor. I am already making the ZEOvit commitment so ....

Also, What other test kits would you all say would be helpful for the type of system that ZEOvit tries to attain? I have the usuall "starter" kits, and have added a few others, but they are by far just a ballparking attempt at best.

Thanks again for all of you help!
    Iffer

Hi Iffer using ZEOvit one finds the standard P04 tests not to be sensitive & difficult to read, therefore, many here use a Hanna colorimeter, as it's more sensitive & accurate with a readout of actual P04 levels at the low range. PM Madison[OUinLA] for ordering info[~ $185-$200 for the meter, curvettes, & 100 reagent packets]. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Wow, Talk about instant gratification. Bob, do you have a life other than this board? LOL If not, I am glad as you are a wonderful help!!! Iffer

Comment

The Hannah colormeter is an awesome little device. It definately is worth it to track progress with PO4's. I use it to test tank water and make up water. It can really help to isolate where extra PO4's are sneaking in your system. Gary suggested I let my food, Formula 2 cubes and mysis sit in RO/DI water for an hour or more then pour off that water and test it with the hannah...I'll just say WOW...and let you do the same when you get your colormeter.

Comment

Slojmn, Thanks for the testimonial, are you getting a commision on the side? LOL It sounds like the way to go. Anyother test kits that are a must with this system?

Comment

A good test for CA, Mg and alk are a must. I like to test for silicates in my source water from time to time. I've been using the Hanna for a little over a year and would'nt go without again (no I don't get a kick-back)

SteveU
            “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
            ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

I do have test for the basic stuff and Ca, MG and alk. I have never found a good P04 kit and have never tested for silicates. Theys are the kind of things that I want to find out about. That is were I will start spending my money.

I have also decided to go with some sort of "controller" for my system. I am away 12-14 hours a day at least 1 sometimes 2 days a week. The other days I am gone 10hrs. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like something that has computer and modem capabilities, but is also user friendly. I does not have to run everything, but if it does, that is ok as well as long as it is not alot smarter than me( Or at least has a set of instructions!) Again, looking for all and any impute that you all might have.

Comment

Working...
              X