Coraline Algae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coraline Algae

Hi I have a friend who purchased a used tank and was wondering if anyone has any tips on removing coraline algae off the glass before he set's it up? Any tips would be helpful. Brian

Fill it with water and vinegar. Let it sit for a day or two and wipe it out with a sponge. Be sure and rinse thoroughly. HTH.
    Marshal
    265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

Marshal, I was thinking of the same thing but was wondering if anyone had ideas. it is a 180gl. tank and didn't know if he wanted to fill that up with H20 and vinegar. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Scrape it off with a razor blade. Wet the glass panes and scrape. Will require a lot of elbow grease but it will be satisfying...
        Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

CLR works great just rinse well after using. i use CLR to clean my M/H cover glass and it works wonders.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas I will pass them on. Brian

Comment

Working...
            X