My system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My system

total water volume of all tanks about 950 gallons all plumbed into one system
    probly about 500lbs rock in systems.
    using cal reactor cal around 440 yesterday
    i'm using aqua c 400 and aero foamer skimmers,one on sump and one on grow out vat.
    mg level was 1350 yesterday and alk was around 2.2
    200 gal tank has sand bed and is about 5 years running.
    400 gal has thin layer crushed coral
    refugium is 55gal with sand bed.
    tanks has mostly sps coral and some soft in system
    i had my system seperated untill about 6 mounth ago and tired of paying electric bill so i plumbed everything to gather doing away with some pumps and chiller.
    400 has 3x400 watt radiums with vhos,200 has 3x250 watt 10k,grow out vats have same on reverse schdule.
    i add mg when needed and cal if reactor fails to keep up.
    salinity i keep at 1024 to 1026.
    temp stay around 77 deg.
    i'm on my third changing of zoilites and i have been running 6 bags in system.
    i have been adding bac and food at 30 drop 2xwk.
    i'm dosing 3ml of start2 once a day.
    been having brown slim on rock latly at times.
    corals seem to have good color but don't seem to have growth i did have
    i'm running 2 lbs of carbon in sump
    i us saliferts test kits
    thanks bob

Thnx. Bob for your info You'll need 8 ltrs. zeolites with the flow rate at 100gph/ltr. used in each reactor, eg. a reactor holding 4 ltrs would have a flow rate of 400gph. I believe an inadequate quantity of zeolites, once corrected, to benefit your tank & corals, & help to prevent slime build-up. Another tip to prevent slime on our live rock is on days that I dose Bak & Food, I do not dose AAHC or Start2, as Food contains both AA's & a carbon source. For your system, I recommended:

1)place 3 ltrs carbon in your sump, kneaded 3-4x's/wk & exchanged monthly.
    2)place 8 ltrs. zeolites in your reactors & handle-pump the stones 2-3x's/day, about 5-10 reps each filter. Cycling the reactors at this point is optional. Exchange these stones every 6wks.
    3)dose 20 drops Bak & 10 drops Food every other day with new zeolites for 5 doses, then 20 drops Bak & 10 drops Food 2x's/wk. Dose these near the reactor pumps with your skimmers off for 60min.
    4) dose Start2 1ml 3x's/day in front of the reactor pumps. It is not necessary to turn off the skimmers when just dosing Start2.
    5)Optional for coral color & growth: dose 15 drops AAHC & 30 drops C-V daily: dose 25 drops PIF & 8 drops Fe 2x's/wk--dose all these directly into your display tank. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

hey bob thanks for info,will get with scott tomorrow to get more zzolites and see about bigger reactor,i'll get back in couple wks and let you know how it responds.thank you very much.bob hilt

Comment

Bob Hilt, Im sure you will be pleasently suprised with the effects of running the system but you got to bear in mind that the system is not a quick fix and it does takes time to show its full effects especially with more established tanks due to the nutrient pools both in the substrate and LRs.
        Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Working...
        X