ca reactor media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ca reactor media

Can anyone give me a recommendation for ca reactor medium? I am running zeo and not sure if any particular brand is better? Also what salt brand are people running with zeo and how do you switch from one brand to another with out shocking your system?

Mark

Hi Mark, I've always used either Geomarine aragonite or ARM media in my CR. Recommending saltmix is a difficult decision for many reasons. I use a combo[50-50] Oceanic-IO, others like Seachem's & Kent's. The scuttlebut is that Oceanic will be outsourced to China[it's owned by Central, who've done this with their other saltmixes] so if quality control becomes an issue[batch inconsistencies] I'll switch gradually to K-Z's 2-part "Reefer's Salt". Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Bob, thanks for the info and the help with my dosages. I am still working on getting all of the dosages right. Still waiting for the k-balance to arrive

Comment

Mark it does take some time but slow change is what you're after. Plz. keep us updated on your progress, Bob

Comment

Im personally using Rowalith C+ as CR Media. Currently using Tropic Marin Pro-Reef but interested to try Kent Reef Salt as my next saltmix after the rave reviews by the current users of the salt like Jeff. HTH
          Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Hi Farish, Jeff's using the new Seachem's saltBob

Comment

ARM media in my CA RX with Mg granulate. Yes I am using Seachem Reef not Kents.. Going to be testing my new bucket this week as it seems they are already having batch inconsistencies according to the recent numbers I have seen posted. If that is the case I am very sad because the first batch I used was excellent with my CR RX setup...

Jeff
              Last edited by gqjeff; 12-27-2005, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Whoops! I meant Seachem's. Honestly!
                Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Working...
                X