Tang out/Butterfly in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tang out/Butterfly in

I've made the choice tonight to get rid of my yellow tang for a CopperBanded Butterfly. It seems that my Regal intimidates my yellow tang at the alge clip so its not able to eat very much
    The LFS has a handful of Copperbands that I hope will beable to take more food when I feed mysis. I'm only slightly concerned about him showing an interest in my Hammer Coral but I don't think its going to be a problem.
    I'm wondering if anyone else has a CB and could give me some helpful tips to extended survival of this fish. Thanks
    -Nathan
    65 SPS
    692Watts
    2085gph Max Flow
    Current Pride and Joy-Red Sea Regal Angelfish

ZEO - Phase 2

feed mysis and youre good
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

Just a thought.......maybe you could use two or more algae clips in there. The angel can't defend them all. The tang should be able to eat the food you put in the water column too. Try formula one & two or some of those algae flakes/pellets.

You're gonna have a lot more trouble getting a CBB acclimated to eat than your tang. Especailly if you don't quarantine it first to "learn" to take prepared foods.

Comment

In the first time the CB will eat all small feather duster, sea squirts and most of the worm stuff in your tank.
        But after around a month (depending on the size of your tank) all this is eaten up und when he than doesn´t eat frozen food he will starve.
        Mine eats nearly every frozen food like mysis, artemia, small krill and white midges larves, small cuted shrimps and shells.
        Sometimes it is reproted that they only eat artemia.
        Best ist when you put out the pumps at feeding time, so he has enough time and they can really eat a lot
        But most of them still starve, because they don´t take the food we can offer.

Comment

Working...
        X