Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skimmer pulling out a lot of stuff...not zeo related.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skimmer pulling out a lot of stuff...not zeo related.

OK on my 75 gallon BB Acropora reef, I have a Proclear Aquatics skimmer.

http://www.proclearaquaticsystems.com
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

edit forget it

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Hi Adam, that means that you have a very good skimmer that's dialed in nicely, or your reef has high nutrient level Bob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

ummm did my post get edited??? where did all the stuff I typed in go???
        Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

ok who did it....really send me a PM or something...i dont get it...

I mean now it looks like some idiot typied it .....really it does to me at least...
          Last edited by OUinLA; 02-10-2005, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Adam, if one of us had edited your posts it would say so at the bottom of your post, just like the one directly above this one does

Comment

ohh well I guess I made a mistake then...darn. I must have somehow deleated a lot if the into in the original post some how...really there was more I dont know where it went...ahh never mind then

Comment

I'm disappointed in this thread.

I expected to see a collection cup full of really nasty stuff. Please endevour to provide us with yucky pictures next time...

--Rick
                Zeovit user since October 2, 2004

Comment

I mean its just that I clean the skimmer cup and 30 mins later there is 1/4" of brown green nasty smelly water...where the heck is it coming from...???

I dont see anything at all dead in my tank and water is crystal clear(not really..because I dont have zeo...YET)

ohh well then I guess it is a really good skimmer...ehh?

:-)

Comment

Adam,

You skimmer is rock'n dude. Mine usually takes an hour or so the do that!!

What you are seeing is that your tank has excess nutrients. Skimmers are most effective after they are cleaned. Let it ride. I am betting either your bioload produces this much junk regularly or you have a build up that needs to be expunged.

--Rick
                    Zeovit user since October 2, 2004

Comment

I went BB around 4 weeks ago and I did nearly a 100% water change and did shake as mutch detrious off the rocks as I could...but it is coming back(the detrious). Man it seems the more often I clean my skimmer, the more comes out of my tank!

Comment

Hi Adam, is it time to consider ZEOvit? Bob

Comment

not yet bob...I dont have any(any) money to do that yet...and before I consider zeo I have to buy 100lbs of live rock for another tank(130 gallon).

AND it will take the entire summer to save mowing grass money to buy LR, so at the end of the summer I have to buy LR...mabe next christmas I might get some money to start zeo...not yet...I am broke as of now...

Comment

Remember, Adam, LR is not necessary with the ZEOvit method Bob

Comment

ohh I didnt plan on using zeo on my 130...just my 75..(it is the acro tank)

I have to get LR for my 130 cause it looks like a barren wasteland.(not really)
                              My 130 isnt going to have any SPS anyhays....just LPS and softies...

Comment

Working...
                              X