Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in Va(I want to start ZEO)

Hello,
    I have been thinking of start the Zeo system on my tank for a while now.I currently have a 75 AGA RR tank supported by,DIY CA reactor,Pacific Coast 1/10 chiller,2x250, 2x110 vho,6100 Tunze,ER 5-3( soon to be recir) and Red Sea Ozone Deluxe 100mg/hr.I was going to build my own reactor, but was hoping to see someone in operation.So what to I need to stat out with?

Last edited by G.Alexander; 11-24-2005, 07:23 AM.

Greetings All !

jake2045 ...

Originally posted by jake2045
    So what to I need to stat out with?
    When you get the chance, please take a shot at the questions in the "Tell Us About Your Tank" sticky ... this will give us all more information so that we can better focus in on your specific system.

As far as the hardware goes ... looks like, with the exception of the ZeoReactor, you're ready to go ... what kind of circulation is going on in the system? Having said that, knowing a little bit more about the history of the system, and your goals for the system would be very helpful.

Ozonation is not a recommended process for ZeoSystems ... here's a current thread which discusses ozone and zeosystems: Ozone.

JMO ... HTH
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Welcome to the site I wish I could help but im in NY
      Nick
      180G SPS Mainly
      10 Bulb T5 Starfire
      Calcium Reactor
      3 Tunze 6105's
      Profilux Controller
      ATB Return w/ wavysea
      ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

3.DIY CA reactor with a ph controller set for 6.7
        4.No PO4 reactor
        5.Red Sea deluxe 100mg/hr ORP390 50mg/hr
        6.NO
        7.Currently running a ER5-3 ( I have the parts on order to make it a recirculating, I don't know if I'm going to use the ER or a ASM G2.I will be using two Sedra 3500 needle wheel pumps)
        8.non needle on Salifert test kit but I do have HA growing in the sump with cheato reverse daylight lit
        9.CA 420 Alk 11 dkh Mg 1250
        10.refugium
        11. 2 250 watt halide xm10 on the right coralvue 14k on the left 5 months, 2 110 vho URI actinics I have Luminarcs to install just have not figured out how I'm going to mount them yet.
        12.Mostly SPS I love Millies and stags
        13.Med to dark greens, good growth
        14.10+ years total crash 2 years ago do to hurricane Isabel all ways a reef
        15.Color and growth
        16. water changes 10% twice a month
        17.100-150 pounds? some 10 years old
        18.pest acro flatworms treating with Anti-Fluke and FWE
        19.most corals are metallic green all but the torts and reds (millie and not sure)
        20.Salifert 6 months
        21.have not bought the system yet, still saving maybe next week
        22. SG 35ppm temp 76 winter 80 summer (steady)

Comment

Hi Jake, thnx. for your information, but before we give zeo-dosages, it's important to know that the ZEOvit method is begun with our parameters mirroring those of natural seawater, ie. Ca>400/Mg>1250, KH--6-8, & salinity 1.023-26. With your dKH of ~11, reduce this gradually over a wk or 2 into the target range above. Once you've dialed-in the KH, plz. repost on this thread for your system's dosing. You will need a low P04 carbon[I strongly recommend K-Z's carbon], 1 ltr. zeolite, ZeoBak, ZeoFood7, ZeoStart2, AAHC[aminoacids], & C-V[coral-vitalizer]. All of these can be ordered in small bottles. Bak & C-V is refrigerated. Of course, you'll need a canister-filter for the zeolites & a pump to deliver ~80gph thru your zeolite-filter[Maxijet-400]. Bob
          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Thanks Bob That was the info I needed to get started!Just a quick ? does the reactor have to be round?I do have a piece of acrylic tube 3.75 id that I could use to make the reactor out of, but how tall should it be to hold 1 liter of zeolite?

Comment

Hi Jake, I'll ask you to PM Madison[OUinLA] for these zeo-reactor questions, or maybe he'll chime-in. Madison fabricates these reactors for about 1/2 the cost of the GroTech's & work beautifully. I know some have converted their PhosBan reactors which will hold the 3/4 ltr. of zeolites that you'll use in your system. You can do a search here for DIY-reactors, also. Happy Thanksgiving. Bob

Comment

Jake, here you can find some inspiration for a DIY reactor:

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34

The reactor does not have to be round, it also can foursquare for example. The high of the reactor depends to the diameter of the used tube. Please notice to use some extra inches to pump the stones. Using a “bigger” reactor could also make sense if you ever plan to upgrade your system.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thank G.Alexander and Bob.

Happy Thanksgiving! We all so most to be thankful for.

Comment

Just order the reactor that will hold 2.5 liter of media.So how much zeovit do I need to use for this system?Still need to lower my Dkh, but was not worrying about it until I could afford the rest of the system.I still need to order the rest of the system, but I started.I'm also in the planning stages of a 180 in the wall.

Comment

Nice I have a 180g myself and tell you the truth wish it was wider
                      Nick
                      180G SPS Mainly
                      10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                      Calcium Reactor
                      3 Tunze 6105's
                      Profilux Controller
                      ATB Return w/ wavysea
                      ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Hi Jake, if you'll net vol. is ~ 80 g then .8ltrs to 1ltr. at a flow rate of 80-100gph is fine. Use the dosages given earlier in this thread. Bob

Comment

Thanks everyone, I let you know when I start to dose.

Comment

Could I get some idea as to how much (dosing)I wil be adding to this tank, so I can buy the Basic 4.

Comment

Hi Jake, you can use smaller sizes of all components & AAHC & C-V. I'd recommend ordering a couple of ltr. bags of the zeolites so you always have one back-up. Be sure the parms as given earlier in this thread are inline & stable. For your system, I recommend the following:

1)Place 3/4 Cup of carbon in a mesh bag,passively in your sump, kneaded daily & exchanged monthly.
                              2)place 3/4 ltr. zeolites in a reactor with the flow rate ~ 75gph or a little less. Cycle the stones on & off at 3hr. intervals, being sure the stones remain submerged when the reactor is "off". A inline check-valve maybe necessary to prevent back-siphoning when the reactor is not running. Clean the stones 1-2 x's/day about 5-10 reps each time when the reactor pump is "on". Exchange the stones every 6wks.
                              3)dose 3 drops Bak & Food7 daily for the 1st 2wks. then 3 drops each 2x's/wk. Dose these when the pump is "on" & in front of the zeo-reactor. Turn off the skimmer for 60min after dosing these. Zeo Bak is refrigerated.
                              4)dose .3ml Start2 2x's/day near the zeo-reactor pump. It is not necessary to turn off the skimmer when just dosing Start2.
                              5)optional but recommended:dose AAHC 3-4 drops & C-V 8-10 drops daily directly into the display. With dosing any of the zeo-supplements our skimmer remains operating. C-V is refrigerated.

Jake be sure to ask any questions, Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X