Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeovit Beginner

Hi

My products arrive tomorrow, Bac, Start, Food and Zeoliths. Have an Eheim cannister filter all hooked up to a 100gal/hr powerhead on a 3 hours on 3 hours off interval. I have put sufficient hose onto the filter so that I can shake it every evening. I will invest in a reactor when I have the cash.
    Here are my parameters

1. 150 Gallons
    2. 120 Gallons
    3. Yes - Korallin 1502
    4. No
    5. No
    6. No
    7. Aquac EV-180
    8. 0.03 & 0
    9. 420ca, 9dkh, 1150Mg
    10. Live Rock, Barebottom
    11. 2 x 250 BLV 10K, 2 x 24w Power Compact Actinic
    12. Ricordia, BTA, Few SPS Frags
    13. Some Light but the SPS have turned more brown.
    14. 6 months old
    15. Colour and growth of SPS
    16. Kalk for topup
    17. 120 lbs Caribbean, 8 years old
    18. No problems small amount of Slime Algae
    19. No
    20. Salifert & D&D (Phosphate)
    21. Starting tomorrow
    22. 1.024, 23c, 8.2ph

Regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew, congrats on beginning the ZEOvit method. Plz. keep the parameters within NSW levels & the KH between 6-8 & stable. Your history of using KW will take ZEOvit longer to deplete the nutrients, so be patient. Top off with only RODI water. Along with this previous KW use,therefore, coloration will take a bit longer. For your system, I recommend the following:

1)dose 1 1/4 Cup carbon in a filter sock, passively in your sump. Knead this 3x's/wk & exchange monthly.
    2)dose 1 ltr. zeolites with the flow rate of ~100gph. Shake-clean the stones once or twice a day. Cycle the flow. Exchange the zeolites every 6wks.
    3)dose 4 drops Bak/Food7 daily for 2wks, then 4 drops each 2x's/wk. Dose these near the filter intake & turn off your skimmer for 60min after dosing.[Bak needs refrigeration]
    4)dose 4 drops Start2 2x's/day. It is not necessary to turn off your skimmer when just dosing these.
    5)Optional: dose AAHC 4 drops 3x's/wk;dose C-V 6-8 drops daily. These are fine to not use until in Phase 2. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

I should receive my Zeovit system this friday. I have a few frag of LPS and lot of SPS frag.
      Cal 460
      Mg 1500
      Dkh 8.0
      never test for phosphate but i know it is hight cuz i have a gang of Green algea.
      I just add the phosban reactor and activated carbon. My algea problem slowly going away.
      Reef tek calcium reactor
      MR3 protein skimmer with 2 beckett injector handle by panworld 100px-x
      3x250watts hamilton DE 14k bulbs
      tunze wavebox
      3000GPH return pump.
      150 gals with 200+ lbs lives rock
      80gals sump + 100gals sump just added last weekend.
      Do i miss anything or should i add anything into the tank?
      I'm a quiter..... But i'm back now....

Comment

Bob

Thanks very much for your reply. I pretty much did as you have said today (bar switching the skimmer off). I thought I would wait until tomorrow to shake the contents.

Yes I have been using KalkWasser for topups but are you saying that I should now cease using KW ?

I could certainly use the cash to purchase a proper Zeovit Reactor.

I have turned off my Calcium Reactor to try and bring down the dKh.

Many Thanks again

Andrew

Comment

Yes,because KW PO4 in the rocks stores and early or later turned off.
          Put in it. It is better. ;-)
          Steffen
          Steffen

Comment

Andrew, as Steffen mentioned, KW precipitates out P04's only to have them re-enter our water composition when the pH swings occur, therefore, KW is not recommended with ZEOvit.

Hi Reefrookie, with the ZEOvit method, KW top-off[drip] & P04 removers, such as PhosBan are not used or needed, as the zeolites remove both N's/P's nicely from our reef. Your parameters are fine, although I would recommend the Ca level be in the 410-440 ranges with the lower KH. I'm estimating your net vol. to be ~ 250g:

1)dose 1 ltr. carbon, passively in a filter sock in your sump, kneaded 3'x's/wk & exchanged monthly.
            2)dose 2 1/2 ltrs. zeolites in a zeo-filter with the water flow rate through the reactor of ~ 250gph--a little more or less is fine. Cycle the stones on & off at 3 hr. intervals, being sure the stones are submerged when in the "off" cycle. Pump-clean the zeolites 1-2 x's/day & exchange every 6wks.
            3)dose 8 drops Bak & Food7 daily for the 1st 2wks. then 8 drops each 2x's/wk. Dose these near the zeolite-filter pump & turn off your skimmer for 60min after dosing these.
            4)dose 0.3ml Start2 2x's/day[total of 0.6ml a day]Also dose this in front of the reactor pump. It is not necessary to turn off the skimmer when just dosing Start2. Keep us updated on your progress & ask any questions, Bob

Comment

Thank you for the information Bob. I am currently use two phosban reactor, one for rowaphos and the other is for activated carbon. I am working on droping my Calcium level as well as magnesium. I will keep everyone updated. I heard about Zeovit suppliment, do i require to use it inconjunction with the basic 4? If not when do i require to use them. Once again, thank you for your time.

Comment

Hi RR, the zeo-supplements can be used in Phase1 but perform more to their designed function in Phase 3. After the 1st zeolite exchange[Phase 2] I'd begin AAHC & C-V as I mentioned above Bob

Comment

Reefrookie, I would also recommend to drop Mg a little bit. 1500 mg is very high and out of the balance of NSW elements. 1200 mg – 1300 mg works fine.

G.Alexander

Comment

I am working on dropping my Mg. I haven't adding any suppliment into my tank for couple weeks now. Another question
                    How do i control the flow rate with the Grotech Zeolith reactor?
                    Will the MR3 (made by MRC)Protein skimmer good enough for my 150gals?
                    I just upgrade my skimmer by replace the beckett injector and also add one more into the system. According to MRC the skimmer rated for 500g.

Comment

Hi Steve, your MRC should be fine if powered by a appropriate pressure-rated pump. I have a GroTech zeo-filter & use MJ pumps--others use Quiet-ones which have a adjustable flow valve. For your filter, a MJ 600 or 900 should deliver 250gph through the GroTech, depending on line resistance to your input side. Bob

Comment

The reactor came with the pump. and i use the Pan world 100PX-X

Comment

for the skimmer i

Comment

Working...
                          X