Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unidentified or unwanted critters

Hey guys,

Just killed the lights and after a few minutes with a flashlight started inspecting the tank. I have found what looks like little tiny shelled creatures or white rice for a better visual. They are littered all over the tank. Is this something to be worried about? Is there something I can do to get rid of them if they are unwanted?
    Thanks again. Maybe I can post a picture if I get the priviledge to do so.

Scott G

Sounds like copepods. Those are very useful and benifical to the tank. Can you get a pic for easier identification?

Having said that , is there are tiny white shelled rice-sized snails on your clams, those are bad! Remove the snails by washing na dbruching the clams in freshwater. Also add yellow coris/leopard wrasse/6-line wrasse for population control as these have been known to eat those. I have all 3 in my tank!
    Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Do they look like this?

Comment

Not sure if they look like that or not since they are so tiny. They are about the 1/8" or a hair bigger.

I was hoping to take a picture but I can't post yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CosmoKramer
          Do they look like this?
          My wife says she has seen some that look like that. What are they?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X