Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown Film

Hi,
    I've just done my first 4 week change of stones on Sat. The last couple of days I've had a brown film in a localized area of my tank. Its on a new piece of dead rock I just added so i could attach some more sps, and on a portion of my substrate. I also had come on a piece of sps near the top of my tank,(I noticed it blowing in the current.) I use 1/3 liter Zeo.(66 gal net vol). 2 drops food/ bak every other day, 2 drop AAHC daily, 1/2 ml start twice a day.

Could this be from the AAHC or the BAK/FOOD, or the new stones??-S.

Aged Salt ???

Aged Salt ???

Comment

Hi Sculpin, how thick is the film on your panes? Is it slippery or smooth? Is it visible? Thnx. Bob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Brown film

Bob,
        There's none on the glass . It seems to be thin, but some seems to be long enough to show movement in the current.....

Comment

Although your zeo-doses are inline, I'd recommend all dosing be held for 4 days, including AAHC. If the brown[diatoms] film decreases, then begin the all zeo's at 50% quantities. If there is no change, then resume the previous bak/food7 dosages but decrease Start to .2ml 2x's/day. Hold AAHC until this has been clarified to your satisfaction. Bob

Comment

Brown film

thanks Bob.....

Comment

Your welcome, plz. give feedback in a wk. or two, thnx. Bob

Comment

Working...
              X