filter bag and zeo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filter bag and zeo

Will the use of those 100 micron filter bag under the overflow affect the performance of zeobak, zeo start or any of the zeo additives?

reefgineer
    From reading posts here it seems that the material is best to be run in a reactor. The flow going through it seems to be critical which would be hard to control in the sump.

Albert

Comment

oh no, i don't mean putting the zeovit in the filter bag. i meant using a filter bag for water entering the sump. i was wondering if the filter bag will filter out the beneficial bateria introduce by zeobak or zeostart. the zeovit will be in a reactor in the sump.

Comment

i've been using a filter sock in my sump for the past month or two with no ill results... i believe the majority of the members do here as well. its amazing the amount of junk that builds up in those socks... just remember to swap out the socks on a regular basis
        Nam

Comment

thanks guys, filter bag stays in then. can't imagine all that junk floating around without a filter bag.

Comment

Sorry reefgineer , I miss read your question. I don't have a micron bag but like s13silvia states alot of folks do so it must be fine.

Comment

Working...
            X