Super General Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super General Question

I know you are probably going to say it is best to use the entire zeo system...BUT...

Is there any benefit at all to just using say the "stones" in a mesh bag inside of a Aquaclear Power filter hanging on the back of the aquarium???

Increased water clarity???

:smash:

prehaps increased water clarity???

(well does it do just that??) mabe....??? :smash:

Could it lower nitrates possibly to just use the stones??

What about using the stones in a mesh bag in a power filter along with amino acids only??? Will that have any affect at all??? Thanks...
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Adam- you NEED to runt he right flow through the reactor 100gph per 1 lieter of stones. it is VERY key, not to bust your bubble here, but you are looking at a start up cost of around 225 IF you get the in sump model. if you dont have room in your sump then you need the external model and thats more money!

person i would NOT run just a couple of things, i guess you could just you the amino acids.

personally i would get a better skimmer, then make sure your calcium reactor is working, then get that 130 setup and going good then consider ZEO.

PLUS you have to remeber you need to run carbon change the stones out 4-6 weeks and you will need to order more stuff probabaly 4-6 weeks so you are going to have to continue to add these components to your tank so you need to make sure you can afford the monthly bill.

i woudl get a betetr skimmer and then go from there. i will sell you my old one when i upgrade to th BK, BUT you have to remeber that the key thing is here to not skimp on equipment!

hope this helps in conclusion i guess the one thing you could try woudl be the amino acids, but they have a betetr effect in a nutrient poor system so keep that in mind.

also if you decide to go whatever route you choose the FLOW THROUGH THE REACTOR IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Nick is so right Adam.The flow through the zeolites are one of the most important part of the system.You can run just the rocks but don't expect the great results.It will help some.I really suggest the basic 4.Get the 130 going make the 75 a sump and kick it into high gear

Comment

thats what i would truely do adam make the 130 into a reef and turn that 75 into a sump, it will save you ALOT of money to nly run 1 tank!

Nick
        275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

I suggest the basic 4, not sure running the lites will do anything for you.

Comment

ok just wondering
            Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

Working...
            X