RC Removing links to zeovit.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC Removing links to zeovit.com

What's going on? RC is removing links to this site from posts on the Captive Oceans forum.

Tom
    Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

Looks like RC is feeling the heat from their mistake. They screwed up and are now trying to cover up our solution to the problem.
    You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Comment

that doesnt surprise me
      Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

I think a lot of us are very confused.

Comment

And dazed Bob
          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

This is a quote taken from JohnL (owner of RC)

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to discuss zeovit or any other topic in the forum that the topic belongs in. If the topic is a product question for Captive Oceans about zeovit or any other product they are selling then their sponsor forum is appropriate. If the topic is about what skimmer to use, then the equipment forum is appropriate.

For the people who feel the need to discuss all topics exclusively with other zeovit users, there is a zeovit community forum already setup at www.zeovit.com and that would be the appropriate forum.

It seems a small group of people are overreacting and are not willing to work with the staff but rather try and battle with us. We have to make decisions that are in the best interest of RC as a whole. I'm sorry if some of the people affected by this decision are upset about it. We would really love to please 100% of the people all the time but sometimes that is just not possible.
            I'm not sure why we can't post the link anymore. One would have thought it was OK judging by the above, but I guess not.

Comment

Gary should talk to them, maybe it's just a misunderstanding. If not, it's really stinky. I feel bad for people posting there with questions, or looking for information. I guess you could use PM.

Tom
              Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

Comment

i tired to post a link to here, btu i got a PM saying that if i did it again i will be banned?

i dont get it?

Nick
                275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Madison, who's running the ship over there, Moe, Curly or Larry? Bob

Comment

Tom, Gary has been in communication with JohnL--unforunately, the policy over there is in shambles & changes day to day Very unethical behavior by the RC mods also seems to dominant the CaptiveOceans forum, but hell, what's new Bob
                    Last edited by Aged Salt; 02-07-2005, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Sad days for so called open forum,I have similar situation here localy betwen my forum and other forum(they dont alow name of my forum in their)and only what they can get with that are ridicolous and confusing situations for the members who dont know background and who simple posting a link as they usually do.
                      Sadlly but IMO they become more and more tight group of few individuals with their closed mind.
                      I really dont know what to say ,that is unbelivable ,ridicolous and enormously stupid decision.
                      Last edited by bluereef; 02-07-2005, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Knew that would happen. The JohnL post was calling peoples bluff, he didn't REALLY believe anybody could survive without RC.
                        Won't do that again, will he?

The thing now, this site needs a few more catagories, not a whole lot, but just enough to stop stuff spinning through the general forum and some people feeling they didn't get read. Otherwise we'll lose people to RC. Wouldn't want that now would we!

Comment

No We Wouldnt!!
                          Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

Greetings All !

I don't know how I became predisposed to become the zeovit.com heretic- gadfly-commentator ... poor toilet training ... too many football games without a helmet ... Zeobac tasting ... licking the AAHC dropper WAY too much ... perhaps CIA mutagenic black ops in the town where I was conceived (GaryW from the Black Lagoon?) ... who knows ... but it seems to me that ...

... this thread is evolving towards the land of BAD KARMA.

Not that I entirely disagree with the sentiments expressed, mind you, it's just that, as someone who has publically spoken in defense of the property rights of the owner of the ZEOvit system, I feel a little ackward criticizing JohnL as he exercises his property rights.

IMO, the idea that RC is, or ever was, just a happy cyberspace for saltwater enthusiasts to frolick, discuss whatever pops into their heads, and roam free is ... forgive me ... naive. Extremely so.

Consider where RC made its stand last month when the nukes went off: Purpose/Function of the (any) Sponsor Forum. By my count, there were 60 OTHER major sponsors of RC at that time (not counting minor sponsors and premium members). 60 X $500/month X 12 months = $360,000 per year.

After all ...
                            Business is business.

Just my opinion ... I'll be quiet now.
                            "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
                            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Garyw, I dont understand... does RC see zeovit.com as a threat? or is this just another effort to keep ZEOvit off of RC? There will be a time when ZEOvit will be accepted as the membership of users has been increasing.. then what? Those who accept ZEOvit will then have a fued with RC some way or another. Maybe I shouldnt blame RC, but some of the mods instead. I know some mods such as Habib who are very nuetral and we respect him for this. We keep trying to make things better, but the door keeps getting slammed in our face one way or another. Some kind of settlement needs to be made so everyone can share their experiences one way or another. It just doesnt feel right.

Comment

Working...
                              X