Zeovit Questions????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeovit Questions????

Question 1: How important is the flow through the zeo reactor? The Guide says 100gph per liter, is that what everyone is doing?

Question 2: 2 Zeolite exchanges in 4 week intervals, then what? Do you keep the same zeolites? Do I still need to change every 4 weeks?

Question 3: It says " nutrient exporting macroalgae refugia are not compatible with the ZEOvit method". So.............I cant have a refugium?

Question 4: Zeostart2 is basically for PO4, but what if I dont have any PO4? Would it hurt to dose zeostart2 just to make sure?

Question 5: The Guide says to keep a KH of 6.5-7.5. Isnt that kinda low?

Question 6: Okay..........I want to make my own reactor(I think) but I cant figure out how many cubic inches in a liter? Then I could figure out how big to make it( pi x R2 x Height). I do want it to be a little bigger, right? So I have enough room to pump it?

Thanks!!
    Dan

1: Yes, pls keep to the recommended flowrate as too high a flowrate will cause issues

2: Basically, you will just have to discard the used zeoliths and put in new ones evry 4-6 weeks. Its also advisable to keep about 5% of the old zeoliths atthe bottomm of the reactor to seed the new zeoliths

3: You can have a refugium but you will notice less and less growth and depending on the type of algae, it might crash. A refugium with algae is not needed with zeovit to get optimal water parameters

4: It wouldnt hurt. The zeovit system works to reduce nutrients in a balanced way.

5: We are aiming for Natural Salt Water levels which is Kh:6.5-7.5

6: You will need a lot of space to effectively pump the stone so i would cater for a bigger reactor.

Btw, can you fill in the sticky to tell us more about your current setup so that the guyshere can advice you more effectively?

Cheers and Hope That Helps
    Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Fill in the sticky???

Comment

Originally posted by Dhinch
        Fill in the sticky???
        Hi Dan, maybe you already have on another thread?? The reference is to the sticky toward the top of this forum "Tell us about your tank" questionnaire, thnx. Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.)
          300g ( after I take my fuge off line)
          2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.)
          240g ???
          3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
          schuran jetstream 1
          4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
          no
          5. Are you using Ozone
          I just took it off
          6. Are you using UV
          no
          7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
          Modified MR2 duel beckett
          8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
          PO4- not for sure(Im going to test with multiple kits tomorrow) PO3- 0-1ppm
          9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
          Ca 340(I know its low! Im raising it now. I havent had my Ca reactor online for about 3 weeks) KH-8, Mg-I have no Idea, or test kit
          10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
          I went BB about 3 weeks ago
          11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
          3-400w 10k AB and 2-160w VHO actinic
          12. What corals do you keep
          Mostly SPS
          13. Tissue color (light or dark)
          Medium
          14. How long has the tank been running
          1 1/2 yrs
          15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
          AWSOME COLOR!!!
          16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
          calcium
          17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
          400lbs 1 1/2 yrs
          18. Any present problems
          jsut my color and calcium: )
          19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
          20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
          salifert
          21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
          none (yet )
          22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
          salinity-025 temp 80-81

HTH
          Dan

Comment

Hi Dan, congrats on beginning the ZEOvit journey Keeping SPS in top-shape will require testing your parameters & maintaining same at NSW levels. Most reefers use Salifert's for testing these but others are fine. Mg levels are critical to the balance of our water composition. Ca>400/Mg>1250/KH 6-8dKH are the parameter guidelines to be maintained. Water temp at 81 degrees is pushing the upper limits for keeping SPS healthy, IME. For your system, I recommend the following:
            1)dose 3/4 ltr. carbon, passively in a filter sock in your sump, exchanged monthly.
            2)dose 2 ltrs. zeolites with the zeo-filter flow rate at 200gph. A little more or less is fine. Pump clean the stones once or twice. Cycle the zeo-filter on & off at 3 hr. intervals & exchange these at 4 wks. on the 1st cycle-period, after which the zeolite time frame becomes 6wks.in length.
            3)dose 6 drops Bak & Food daily for 2wks. then dose these at 8 drops each 2x's/wk. Dose these near the filter pump when it's running. Turn off the skimmer for 60min after dosing these. BTW, Bak needs to be refrigerated.
            4)dose Start2 0.5ml 2x's/day. It is not necessary to turn off your skimmer when just dosing Start2.
            5)dose 4 drops AAHC & 8 drops of Coral-Vitalizer daily. Ask any questions, Bob
            "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Working...
            X