Clam Bonanza!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clam Bonanza!

I went to my LFS today and found a rare blue squamosa.

Very cool.

Tom
    Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

you bought it, correct???

Ohh and what ever happined to "www.coralsdirect.com" ???
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

I have one of those but I didn't know they were rare.
      You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Comment

damn you tom!!!!! :2gunsfiri

i've been lookin for one of those for a while now.
        Nam

Comment

I'm with Nam.
          10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
          BK400ext
          RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
          MRC kalkmixer
          IKS

Comment

There might be some aquacultured one's like this in about 9 more months

Comment

that would be just in time for my bday
              Nam

Comment

I couldn't believe it when I saw it in the store. They bought it off a hobbyist who got it when it was 2" and grew it to its current size (about 5").

Now I have to decide if I want to keep it, or sell it. Let the bidding begin :smash:

Tom
                Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

Comment

how big is it now?
                  --Matt

Comment

about 5"

Tom

Comment

I took some new pics this evening. They are posted here:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...hreadid=522612

Tom

Comment

Just for some info, farm raised ones are already showing up where I'm located. They're coming in at 2" tomorrow at a LFS and I'm getting one. WOOOHOOO!

Comment

Dang nice clam. I would love to get one, but aren't they going for more than 400?

very nice though, maybe if i can get one locally i will.

Nick
                          275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Well I'm going to be getting a 2" for $75.

Comment

Wow that's a good deal!

Tom that's a very nice clam!

do you have it in your tank yet?

Nick
                              275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Working...
                              X