Dosing recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dosing recommendations

I'm ready to start the ZEOvit method and am looking for some dosing recommendations.

A little info about my tank in addition to what's noted in my signature.
    As per Salifert:
    pH = 8.0
    dKH = 10.4
    Ca = 385
    Ammonia = 0
    Nitrite = 0
    Nitrate = 0
    Salinity = 1.024

Parameters to follow this week:
    Mg
    Phosphate

I am aware of the fact that the parameters above need to be adjusted to:
    Ca >400 Mg > 1250 dKH 6-8

The tank currently has no longer any corals in it and won't till tank parameters have stablized to where they need to be according to ZEOvit.

Tank is a 135 GAL BB + LR in the amount of 130 LBS
    Sump volume is 30 GAL
    ASM G4+ Re-circulating Protein Skimmer

My intended dosing schedule/setup for the FIRST 4 weeks:

1. 1L of Zeovit with approx 80 GPH flow through the reactor
    2. 0.4L of Carbon (Knop) passively in the sump
    3. ZEOvit pump cycled on/off every 3 hours
    4. Pump ZEOvit twice daily
    5. Turn off skimmer for 1 hour after dosing and pumping
    6. ZEOBAK 10 drops daily for the first 2 weeks then 5 drops twice weekly until ZEOvit rocks exchange at 4 weeks
    7. ZEOFOOD 10 drops daily for the first 2 weeks then 5 drops twice weekly until ZEOvit rocks exchange at 4 weeks
    8. ZEOSTART1 50ml daily for 2 day's then 5ml for 2 weeks daily then 0.5ml daily

How does this look?

BTW, I intend to once again keep SPS corals. However, I do like to add more fishes and am set on a small schooling type fish. So there will be quite some fishes in the tank. I have 2 extra skimmers that are allready plumbed into the system and can be put online on a moments notice per your recommendation. These are a GroTech HEA 150 Skimmer and a LifeReef SVS2-24 Skimmer

Thanks!
    Oceanic 135 Gallon 72Lx18Wx24H, Deltec Protein Skimmer, AquaCare Turbo Calcium Reactor 2 (no longer) Deltec Calcium Reactor, Red Dragon Return, Dual Tunze Streams, I-Aquatic Zeovit reactor, 3x 250 HQI 10K, 4x 160 VHO 03, I am HookedOnReefing on RC and JetJockeyCLT on WWM

Realy need some suggestions ZEO's

Wow...., no one can help me out?
    Oceanic 135 Gallon 72Lx18Wx24H, Deltec Protein Skimmer, AquaCare Turbo Calcium Reactor 2 (no longer) Deltec Calcium Reactor, Red Dragon Return, Dual Tunze Streams, I-Aquatic Zeovit reactor, 3x 250 HQI 10K, 4x 160 VHO 03, I am HookedOnReefing on RC and JetJockeyCLT on WWM

Comment

I would love too help you out but being in the same boat I can’t. I’m sure that someone will be around shortly with some help.

Colin
      120 BB w/20g BB side tank, 29g sump, (2) 250w RO III, 14k AC, Bluewave VII ballast, Deltec 851, Panworld 150 return, (2) 6000 Streams w/controller, AC II Controller w/(2) DC4, GEO 618 CR.

If at first it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer - Beat to fit paint to match

Comment

Reef Geek, as your tank is without any living animals, your dosing plan sounds good to me.

The only thing I would change is the initial dosage of ZeoStart2. The recommendation in the guide shows the dosage of ZeoStart1 which is much weaker.

I would recommend as flows:

1 liter ZeoVit in a ZeoVit filter with a water flow around 100 gallons per hour, pumped 2 x daily – changed after 4 weeks for the first cycle. Filter pump 3 hour on – 3 hour off.

0,5 liters carbon in a filter bag, placed in a passive water flow in the sump (changed every 30 days) – I would recommend korallenzucht as I know this carbon is working fine – have never used the Knop carbon.

ZEOBAK 10 drops daily for the first 2 weeks then 5 drops twice weekly until ZEOvit rocks exchange at 4 weeks

ZEOFOOD 10 drops daily for the first 2 weeks then 5 drops twice weekly until ZEOvit rocks exchange at 4 weeks

ZeoStart2 2ml for 2 weeks daily, then 0.5ml daily

Please keep a eye on the “classical” over dosing signs (accumulation of brown film). If this is caused, I would recommend to post in this thread again.

Please make sure, as planned, before adding the first SPS to adjust KH – Ca – Mg and salinity to NSW levels.

After introducing the first SPS corals, I would recommend you the additional usage of Coral Vitalizer & amino acids. Skimming wet is also helpful in reducing nutrients.

Later the dosage has to be adjusted, but this basically depends to the look of the corals & the overdosing signs.

Good luck & hope to get a interim report from time to time.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
        X