Would like some more help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like some more help

Ok things have been going well so far. When I first started zeo I noticed some great leaps, now it has seemed to slow down. I am getting more color in my blue tort, my birds nest seems to be doing well, the tri color acro frag I got has not retained it's purple on the tips though. So I was wondering if there are any more tips I should be following to see greater results. I do a 10% water change once a week, at which time I blow off my rocks and sand bed. I also try to blow off my rock 3 times a week in total. I have been thinking of going to a bb tank, but I love the look of my sand bed so am not sure yet. Also my lighting is a 175 watt 14K hamelton. Thanks for any tips in advance and feel free to ask me for more information if you need it.

Also I dose the basic four right now per aged salts dosing instructions.

-Tim

Hi Tim, glad to hear mostly improvement in your reef Can you give us your net water vol & current basic 4 dosages? Are you intervaling the filter? How long now into the method? TIA, Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

I have thought about going BB, but my 2" sand bed looks fine to me. You can still get great results with a sand bed.

Comment

I have a 30 gal cube so I figure around 25 gallons after rock displacement. I don't have a sump currently. I dose .1 start in the morning .1 start in the evening every day, and then one drop of bac and food wed, and sat. I am intervaling the filter and shutting off the skimmer when dosing the bac and food. I have a remora hob skimmer, and I pull out half a cup a day of wet skim mate with it. The only other thing I dose is calcium, since I do not have a reactor. My calcium is stable at around 430. As far as my flow goes I have around 500 gph, that does not include the small amount of added flow from the skimmer and hob filter. I am starting my theird mo. of zeo and have changed the media every 4 weeks.

Thanks again for the help.

-Tim

Comment

Hi Tim, at this point with ZEOvit, to intensify[brighter] color, increase the quantity of Start .3ml 3x's/day, while leaving your bak/food7 dose the same. Bob

Comment

Thanks Aged Salt, I started the new dosing this morning. We will see if it brings any more changes around. I just look at all the great colors some of you guys are getting and I would love to see the same in my tank.

-Tim

Comment

ok I know it has only been 4 days since I posted, but if you could check out my corals and tell me if I need to change anything up. I posted in the picture section my post is called my corals. also here are my tank stats, I know my ca is too high right now.

KH 7.4
              CA 500
              PH 7.8
              Amonia 0
              no3 0
              no4 0
              po4 0 but I need to buy a more acurate test.

-Tim

Comment

Hi Tim, it's tuff to tell from the pix Can you remark on the new 4-day old schedule? Have the corals lightened/ darker, tips thinning or light?Thnx. Bob

Comment

the tort looks a little better but not a whole lot. But the birds nest looks like it may of thinned a little. As a whole it is not as thick as when I bought it. and also the polyps look a lot darker then what they were.

-Tim

Comment

Ok, I did have tissue loss for sure. I have stopped all dosing for what will be a week tomorrow. To continue on from here I was thinking of starting back up dosin 1 drop bak and food twice a week, and .05 of start 3 times a day, increasing by .05 3 times a day untill I reach .3 3 times a day. Again I have 25 gal. total water volume. Also I a seriously conisidering going bb. Can I just use the foam core that you get at wa-mart in the craft section, or do I need to order this somewhere special?

Oh, and can I do the whole processs of going bb in one day, or will my water be too messed up with things from my sand bed?

-Tim

Comment

double post opps
                      Last edited by gqjeff; 02-15-2005, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Bob, did you mean .3 3 times daily or .3 total daily or .1 3 times daily for start? If he is using .9ml start I would def think that would cause thinning.. I am only using 1ml in my tank and I have 200 net gallons... I do .5 2 times daily.. Should I start doing it 3-4 times daily? I could without a problem... Also would you raise my start does also Bob?

Comment

i would jeff only because i have 125g and i am using 1 ml of start JMO
                          Nick
                          Nick
                          180G SPS Mainly
                          10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                          Calcium Reactor
                          3 Tunze 6105's
                          Profilux Controller
                          ATB Return w/ wavysea
                          ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Hi Tim, with Start resulting in tissue-tip recession, reduce Start to .1ml 3x's/day for the next complete cycle[4-6wks]. If the coral tips have not yet fully recovered but recession has stopped, this zeo-dosing should continue to bring positive results

Jeff, in your case, I'd change the zeolites every 4wks for the next two cycles I'd recommend dosing Start at .3ml 3x's/day[.9ml total/day] & holding the supplements for 1-2 wks, then dose 50% quantities then previously. I would not raise your total Start doses as more frequent zeolite exchange for the next few cycles will result in improved coral color & growth Bob
                            Last edited by Aged Salt; 02-15-2005, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Ok Bob will do.. No nutrient problems here besides the exhausted rocks.. 8 weeks on them will def darken the corals...

Comment

Working...
                              X