Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone my name is Romain I come from france and i am new in zeovit system and I have a lot of question.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) "reefer 170"

2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) "140 liters"

3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique "dosing pump"

4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) "no"

5. Are you using Ozone "no"

6. Are you using UV "no"

7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) "bbk mini 160"

8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels "PO4 and NO3 0"

9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels "KH 7 Ca 420 and Mg 1290"

10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) "Just micron bag"

11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) "aqua illumination hydra52 HD"

12. What corals do you keep "Acropora, montipora, seriatopora, euphyllia, acanthastrea"

13. Tissue color (light or dark) "dark for some and light other"

14. How long has the tank been running "For 3 month"

15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system "to have great color on my sps and no algae"

16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) "reef pearl twice a week"

17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) "no i started with died tonga branch 7kg"

18. Any present problems "a little bit algae and some of my acropora have RTN"

19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) "It's like bacteria algae"

20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) "Salifert"

21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
    zeoback 2 times 1 drop each week
    sponge power 1 day yes tomorrow no
    zeofood 1 weeks by month 2 drops everyday and the 3 other weeks 2 drops twice a week
    zeostart currently I stopped zeostart because I have no NO3 and no PO4
    Phol xtra 1ml every day
    coral snow plus 1ml twice a week
    Bio mate 1 drop twice a week
    Amino acide LPS every 3 days 0.5ml

22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
    salinity 35g/L
    temp 26°C

23. Which salt brand do you use
    I use aquaforest reef salt

What do you think about this ?
    I change my zeolit every 6 weeks
    I change my carbon every month
    I make a water change every week 10 liters

I would like some information about my bacterie algae, also my water is not cristal clear and I don't know why....

Thank you in advance for read my presentation and give me your opinion
    Best regard

I think the primary concern is the coral RTN phenomenon.

What is the amount of ZeoVit materials used?

It is recommended to measure the flow by collecting water from the reactor outlet for 30 seconds using a smaller container. Multiply the volume by 120 and you will get hourly output.

And post the results

What is the brand of activated carbon?
    Use quantity / use method, what are the individual

What is the phosphate test kit? It is recommended to get a more precise test instrument, which is good

Potassium seems to be very important for low malnutrition water quality. Let's get the potassium test kit and publish the test results. K+~ 380-400 mg.

Can there be clear pictures to show the appearance of algae and bacteria? Thanks

Comment

Any big swings in alk, salinity, temp, etc. that you can think of? Your current parameters seem solid but if there were some big swings along the way it can cause RTN. With how new your tank is I assume the sps was added fairly recently so it could be an issue with a change in lighting. RTN can be caused by pretty much anything so it can be tough to figure out.

Comment

Are just Acropora corals affected by the RTN or other corals like Seriatopora etc also ?

Can you please post a picture of the “algae” and from some corals ?

G.Alexander

Comment

hello guys
          Thank you very much for your quick answer

For jacky:
          I run with 300ml zeo KZ the flow is 110L/H I chnage this one every 6 weeks and I shake my zeo twice a day
          I run with KZ carbon 120mL I change this one every month
          For my PO4 test the brand is salifert
          I don' mesure the potassium currently

For traveling potato:
          My firs coral are in my tank for 1 month I think
          My light schedule is really good close to 60w and close to 16000K

For G alexander
          The only coral affected by RTN are acropora all the other coral are quite good

You can fin pictures of my tank my corals and algae attached to this message

Best regard
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the additional details, would first recommend you some changes to the dosage:

zeoback 3 times 1 drop each week
            sponge power 1 drop daily
            zeofood 1 drop 2 x weekly
            zeostart 0.15 ml 2 x daily
            Phol xtra – stop dosing it at the moment
            coral snow plus 1.5 ml twice a week
            Bio mate 3 drops twice a week
            Amino acide LPS – stop dosing it at the moment

Basically your system is very young and you have used dry rock only. The biology of the system needs additional time to establish which might be the main reason for the RTN on Acropora corals.

ZeoStart does not only “removes” nutrients it does also improve the biology, this is why I would recommend to continue dosing it even if nutrients are low already.

For such low concentrations of PO4 I would recommend you to get a photometer or a high sensitive test kit, also as Jacky has mention a potassium test kit would be a good investment for the future.

G.Alexander

Comment

I, like G.'s point of view, dry rocks take a long time for biology. SPS coral environment, biology seems to be quite important. In addition, you can also add some functional animals, such as snails, which are good for algae and ecology. Changing the water by 5-10% every week may only keep the NSW parameters stable. At present, nutritional supplementation is not necessary. Let corals grow better first. When everything is fine (Zeo bacterial system, biology, low malnutrition water quality, stable parameters), the appearance of the coral will start to change and start to grow And keep my fingers crossed.

Personal taste: phosphate level is 0, which is good

Comment

Hello guys

Thank you for your Quick answer
                I am changing m'y dosing liké Alexander says me
                And continue m'y water change
                What do you think about thèse algae ?

I have some détritivores liké turbo, Trochu, angariz ans lysmasta amboienensis
                For the fish I have 2 amphiprion mocha storm and 1 zebrasoma xanthurum

Comment

Due to the use of dry rocks and the Zeo bacterial system, I think this is normal, don't worry, I don't think there are too many problems, keep the # 6 plan

[coral snow plus 1.5 ml twice a week
                  Bio mate 3 drops twice a week]

Comment

Thank you Jacky
                    I modified my dosing schedule
                    I am sending pictures next week

Comment

Can you Say me for your what are the best detritivor
                      For the rocks ans for the sand ?

Comment

If my understanding is correct, I use pictures to express, hope you will like
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Jacky
                          Have a nice day

Comment

Do you think I should brush m'y rocks or not ?

Comment

If you want, a toothbrush is also a good helper for you (probably not helpful). Mainly: biology and systems take some time, let's be patient. Let the coral grow first (the zeovit bacterial system makes it more robust). The additional idea is to get zeovit material from the old zeovit system, which can speed up this bacterial process, but this is not required. Let's be patient

Comment

Working...
                              X