1x foxface 4"
    1x kole tang 4"
    1x burgess butterfly 4"
    1x flame angel 3"
    1x royal gramma 4"
    1x fairy wrasse 4"
    1x common clown 2 1/2"
    3x green chromis 2 1/2"
    that's a lot of bio-load to keep with sps and a few lps. I have a skimmer (deltec ap 850) rated at over 300 galls normal load, and over 200 galls heavy and a lot of LR.
    All the fish are happy and healthy and have been with me for some time, but I realise it's far from ideal for a reef tank. Parameters are all good and I'm into my third week with Zeo.
    Should I keep to the 1 litre to 100 galls rule or increase that. I suspect you may tell me to get rid of some fish, but I'm reluctant to do so, I love em, and they're doing well.
    Comments wellcome, I've got my kevlar jacket on and it's lined with asbetos.
    all the best
    John
    thats the best lot of smilies

hi john,
    I think it is better, if you keep 1 liter to 100 gal. If you change your system so quick, maybe your system will be instable and that is not so good for the corals. Thomas Pohl writes: "It`s importantnot to exceeded this recommended amount, becuase excessive amountsof ZEOvit could have a negative effect on SPS corals and lead to tissue necrosis and therefore coral death."

regards robert
    300 x 90 x 70
    http//www.korallenzucht.at/oshop

Comment

John, it doesnt look that bad.

You should keep to the 1L to 100G rule as increasing this will lead to problems with acros due to 'overdosing' of zeoliths Continue the path and you will soon see results with your acros. Will take some time due to the amount of bioload you have but Im sure the nutrients are being zapped to kingdom come slowly but surely. You got your NO3 and PO4 readings? Hows the water clarity after 3 weeks?
      Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks,
        I'm due to do some more water tests today, I do them once a week when I change about 15% of my water. So far NO3 & Po4 are undetectable useing the high sensitivaty test from salifert.
        The water clarity has improved, even my wife noticed after only two days.
        I do feed sparingly, every other day, some times once in three days, I judge it by observing my fishy pals.
        I accept that a reef tank with this bio-load will be a compromise, but I love my fish. I've got a blue tipped green acro that looks like the blue tips have increased in proportion to the green, but may be my imagination, still early days.
        Only useing 3/4 litre of rocks at the mo, I'm due to change them next weekend and I'll post to ask for the doseing then.
        cheers
        John

Comment

Hi John, I agree fish add life to one's reef, especially for non-reefers. I see no problem, as you have been prudent with fish-feedings. I also agree with all the above responses. Post all your tank info again when you're about ready for your first zeolite exchange. Bob
          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Will do Bob, thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X